test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

QoL on Ice Barrier

qawsadaqawsada Posts: 736 Arc User
Here is a simple suggesting for the inevitable ice power set revisit since Icicle AT is currently bug at the moment. You guys know Ice Barrier, that bad AD that the Glacier AT had? Let give it a 3 Point adv that allows the Ice Barriers to be indestructible, but the catch is that you can only summon two Ice Barriers.

Comments

• theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    Since each barrier at best grants 15% - 21% (w/ Cold Snap) additional resist...you'd limit yourself to 30% - 42% (w/ Cold Snap) additional resistance within a set area of movement?

Sounds like a worse version of Fractal Aegis almost, if it weren't for the very minor healing it can dish out.

Ice Barrier has a similar problem to things like Field Surge, in that it can be easily shot to pieces.

Why not just have Ice Barrier summon the normal amount per rank but have the barriers have very high HP?

Important to note that some builds may still use this for Shatter damage.

I do hope Ice is revisited though!
  • qawsadaqawsada Posts: 736 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    It very simple: it shares/soak damage with the tank in certain types of fight, namely Dino's Bites, Ape's Punch, and Kiga's Charged Blast. Making it indestructible would make it as equal to Masterful Dodge damage reduction in those cosmic fights. I thought of giving Ice Barrier a higher HP, but then I remember that Dino bites tend to do over 50k-100k damage unblocked. Ice Barrier is also a normal power, not an ultimate. I'm quite aware of the shattering potential, hence why I suggest it as an adv instead of an inherit power.
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    Rather than being indestructible, could make them regenerating (one new barrier per 2s or something).
  • aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    Maybe a better approach is to just...not use summon objects for it at all for its defensive benefits. Since functionality is always going to be preferred to gimmickry, give it a damage resist bonus and HoT that get applied directly to the player, plus an advantage that gives it a chance to spawn destructible ice structures when the player is attacked and the AD is active. These ice structures can, I dunno, deal per-tick ice damage, snare foes, taunt foes (need non-trashy HP for this to matter), AoE HoT nearby allies, or just blow up after X seconds. That'd make it a nice alternative to masterful dodge.
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).