test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Is it possible to Play CO on XBox One

I'll be buying the Xbox One X soon and am super excited!

So I know that NeverWinter can be played on Xbox One, so I was wondering if it were possible to play CO on the Xbox? I am not a super techy person, so not sure if this is possible, either through Steam or some other way? I know that the Xbox runs the Windows OS, so not sure if that gives it the ability to do so?

Please keep in mind I'm not super tech savvy in your replies! (Well, at least I am Tech-literate lol)

Comments

• iamynaughtiamynaught Posts: 41 Arc User
    Short answer, no.

Long answer, no, but maybe someday.

Champions Online was originally developed to be played on the XBox360, but that deal fell thru before the game launched. Cryptic HAS ported not just Neverwinter to the XBone, but also Star Trek Online, which is also on the PS4. No idea if NW is on PS4 because I don't keep up on it at all. It is possible that they have the intention of doing the same for Champions, but there is nothing official at this time.

However, it is my feeling that they are attempting to fix some potential problems to a potential console port with the recent changes to how buying costume slots works and the proposed changes to the Gold subscription model and character slots. The Sub/character slot changes met with a LOT of hostility (and in my personal opinion, rightfully so), so they took those changes off the board in the hopes of finding a better solution.

The reason for these changes may be needed in the event CO is ported to the XBOne and possibly the PS4. Since Microsoft/Sony would want to make money off of CO as well, giving away free character slots may not sit well with them. After all, if you just keep getting free slots, you don't buy new ones and that's lost revenue. These changes only make sense (to me) if CO were ported to console as they would want the PC version as close as possible to the console versions so they don't have to try and maintain two radically different games.
    Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    What about a medium answer?
  • jasinblazejasinblaze Posts: 1,360 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    you can use an xbox one controller in windows. just plug it in
  • colonelwingcolonelwing Posts: 297 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    Short answer:
    Once the xbox one x is (officially) hacked, you can in theory play any windows game you want. But that's not possible, yet.
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    I think there was a video somewhere CO running on xbox 360...
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Posts: 65 Arc User
    I use a PS3 USB controller (sometimes) but mouse and keyboard are the best input devices. I do not own and XB or PS, I just bought the controller because it is cheap, durable, and plug and play (no special drivers required). After you get the joystick working for the PC then you need to get a program such as Joy2Key (version 3.7.9 is still a freeware version) the higher versions went commercial. I never tried Xpadder but then once I got Joy2Key set, there wasn't any point to use Xpadder or anything else.

I hope that helps you. <3
    banner.png
    Raging Princess Blaze + Model 286 + Red Inferno + Burgundy Beetle