test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Archery Build?

brfabeirasbrfabeiras Posts: 182 Arc User
I was testing Archery powers in general, and it felt kinda lackluster compared to other powersets. Am I missing something?

I mixed it with MA for theme, but that didn't end well lol. Now I just want something that works on cosmics, even if it's "full ranged archery".

I was aiming for a balanced build, with a good mix of survivability/DPS. @flowcyto could you help me once again? :p

Comments

• pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    brfabeiras wrote: »
    I was testing Archery powers in general, and it felt kinda lackluster compared to other powersets. Am I missing something?
    Not really, no. Archery has some good CC and utility powers, but for dps it's pretty lacking.
  • flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    Yea, Archery can also be decent at AoE and splash-dmg, but its sustained dps isn't great atm (also partly cause it has good reach and mobility). Its a bit of a shame cause there's many diff rotations you could use for Archery, but none of them really standout as boss-killers.

That said, you can still do 'okay' single-target dps as Archery.. just don't expect to compete w/ the top dogs. Here's a more glass cannon-styled Archery dps:

https://aesica.net/co/herocreator.htm?v=29&n=&d=15270cIWKXLa000000600063056500990367006105K5036C046803ON01K6018O03JC031L000ckr438W2MGB

Super Stats
    Level 6: Ego (Primary)
    Level 10: Dexterity (Secondary)
    Level 15: Recovery (Secondary)

Talents
    Level 1: The Squall (Dex: 8, Ego: 10, Rec: 10, End: 10)
    Level 6: Shooter (Dex: 5, Ego: 5)
    Level 9: Worldly (Ego: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 12: Impresario (Dex: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 15: Daredevil (Ego: 5, End: 5)
    Level 18: Accurate (Dex: 5, End: 5)
    Level 21: Amazing Stamina (Rec: 5, End: 5)

Powers
    Level 1: Strafe (advantages)
    Level 1: Sonic Arrow (Rank 2, Deadly Dissonance)
    Level 6: Concentration (advantages)
    Level 8: Targeting Computer (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 11: Hunter's Instinct
    Level 14: Straight Shot (Rank 2, Split the Arrow)
    Level 17: Conviction (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 20: Explosive Arrow (Where's the Kaboom?)
    Level 23: Snap Shot (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 26: Resurgence (Rank 2)
    Level 29: Imbue (Rank 2)
    Level 32: Lock N Load (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 35: Retaliation (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 38: Thundering Return (advantages)
    Adv. Points: 34/36

Travel Powers
    Level 6:
    Level 35:

Specializations
    Ego: Force of Will (2/2)
    Ego: Insight (3/3)
    Ego: Follow Through (3/3)
    Ego: Sixth Sense (2/3)
    Guardian: Fortified Gear (3/3)
    Guardian: Ruthless (2/2)
    Guardian: Find the Mark (2/3)
    Guardian: The Best Defense (3/3)
    Vindicator: Aggressive Stance (2/2)
    Vindicator: Merciless (3/3)
    Vindicator: Focused Strikes (3/3)
    Vindicator: Mass Destruction (2/3)
    Mastery: Ego Mastery (1/1)

Single-target rotation for this build is tapping Explosive Arrow, then tapping Straight Shot for its debuff, and then using 3-4x Snap Shots. By the time you have used the 3-4 Snap Shots, the delayed charge from Explosive Arrow should have gone off and you can repeat the rotation. For AoE, you can throw in 2-3 charges of Sonic Arrow for every tap of Explosive, and Sonic Arrow charges can also stun (and Disorient) enemies. You'll also want to cycle between the two AOs I gave you for more overall dps.

Keep in mind that w/ Archery you can dps from upto 100ft out and w/ free movement (though that takes you out of energy building range), and that you can charge (or half-charge) Sonic Arrow or Straight Shot to proc Conc if things are in ur face. You'll also do a bit more dps to targets at low health innately, thanks to Snap Shot.

Gears mostly for Ego here.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • brfabeirasbrfabeiras Posts: 182 Arc User
    Thanks for the help, that's similiar of what I want!