test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Thank you for listening

Now I'm not sure what outcome's going to come out of this, but the CO community is happy to know that you guys heard their voice, that you didn't ignore the feedback, this is something not many game companies do (if any) and the fact they have been heard, makes them happy, so I would like to thank you, it shows that you -do- care for this game's community, now i've had my fair share of disagreements with kaiserin, on the forums, game, and discord, but I'd like to thank her for interacting with the players, and being the face of the devs, must be quite a task, to get all the rage from people and some of the blame (despite players realizing she is not to blame for this) and for listening to us in the CO discord, it is appreciated, thank you all again for listening to the feedback to your community, and we hope you can figure something out, i will not be posting suggestions here and this is not 'but-kissing' as people will say, i'm simply giving a thank you for hearing us out.

Comments

• vylmavylma Posts: 61 Arc User
    It is a nice first step indeed. Props to Kaiserin and the devs who brought our concerns higher up. This is a great opportunity for PWI to show that they value their customers. I'm impatient to see what the reworked offer will be like.
  • pwestolemynamepwestolemyname Posts: 978 Arc User
    My question is, how did they not know this was coming?
    - - - - -
    SIGNATURE:
    Used to be coach on the forums. Still @coach in game.
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    Reread your user name. Then ask yourself that question again. :wink:
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User

They didn't look closely enough at the thing they were changing. They basically spent an entire year talking among themselves and didn't include anyone from the cryptic staff in their talks.
  • aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    Imagine you're a soulless automaton in a 3-piece suit and tie, looking at a spreadsheet full of profits and costs for stuff in one of many revenue-generating assets in your company portfolio. Since you have no actual involvement with or attachment to the asset itself, it's very easy to say, "cut this, change that, adjust the price of these, add those, etc" until you get the numbers you want in the "totals" column. Why didn't they see this coming? It's because the human equation is rarely ever factored into these sorts of things.​​
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
  • narf#9213 narf Posts: 108 Arc User
    aesica wrote: »
    soulless automaton ​​

New archetype! You heard it here first!

• stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User
    aesica wrote: »
    Imagine you're a soulless automaton in a 3-piece suit and tie, looking at a spreadsheet full of profits and costs for stuff in one of many revenue-generating assets in your company portfolio. Since you have no actual involvement with or attachment to the asset itself, it's very easy to say, "cut this, change that, adjust the price of these, add those, etc" until you get the numbers you want in the "totals" column. Why didn't they see this coming? It's because the human equation is rarely ever factored into these sorts of things.

Pissing off customers does effect the bottom line. I watched a GDC talk about how much cheaper it was to bring back a former player than it was to acquire new players. (Well, it's actually about player retention.) Taking a giant dump on your existing players is going to make it incredibly difficult to accomplish either. Former players won't come back and will bad mouth the game to potential new players.

Grandfathering in ALL former gold subs, including people that haven't played in years, could actually be a great way to generate more revenue. This move was just pure stupid even from just a business standpoint.​​
    YouTube - Steam - Twitter
    [at]riviania Member since Aug 2009
  • aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    sterga wrote: »
    Pissing off customers does effect the bottom line. I watched a GDC talk about how much cheaper it was to bring back a former player than it was to acquire new players. (Well, it's actually about player retention.) Taking a giant dump on your existing players is going to make it incredibly difficult to accomplish either. Former players won't come back and will bad mouth the game to potential new players.

Grandfathering in ALL former gold subs, including people that haven't played in years, could actually be a great way to generate more revenue. This move was just pure stupid even from just a business standpoint.​​
    Oh I agree completely. I guess what I was getting at is that it's hard for suits to consider these human aspects for something they aren't familiar with on a more personal level--they're still only human (supposedly) and thus prone to stupid, short-sighted mistakes.

Note that I'm not defending or even justifying the way this was handled, as "giant dump on the playerbase" sums it up pretty damned well. I'm just trying to take a look at things from their perspective.
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
    edited June 2018
    Honestly, instead of giving stuff away for free, they should just do this:

1. No new subscriptions.
    2. If your account has ever been subscribed, you can renew that subscription at any point, it will never permanently lapse.

So people who were fine with 15 a month can keep paying that, and they don't have to process any new subs. At the same time, put out the Premium Pack, which is a great idea even in a vacuum, and also keep looking into the conversion tokens and release those if/when they're viable.

So now they both keep subscribers as they are right now, while also giving subbers who don't want to be subbed anymore a way to retain access to their FFs in a bit-by-bit fashion that fits their financial situation ( which is why they chose subs over LTS ), and also make sales with the Premium Pack. Maximum profit with zero heartache for players, and nobody really has a reason to ask for anything to be free ( or be grandfathered ).
  • stealthriderstealthrider Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited June 2018

spinnytop wrote: »

1. No new subscriptions.
    2. If your account has ever been subscribed, you can renew that subscription at any point, it will never permanently lapse.

So people who were fine with 15 a month can keep paying that, and they don't have to process any new subs. At the same time, put out the Premium Pack, which is a great idea even in a vacuum, and also keep looking into the conversion tokens and release those if/when they're viable.

So now they both keep subscribers as they are right now, while also giving subbers who don't want to be subbed anymore a way to retain access to their FFs in a bit-by-bit fashion that fits their financial situation ( which is why they chose subs over LTS ), and also make sales with the Premium Pack. Maximum profit with zero heartache for players, and nobody really has a reason to ask for anything to be free ( or be grandfathered ).

It doesn't help players that want to come back to the game but aren't sure about spending money, only the ones that are sure. That turns away many players that want to see if the game is worth paying for again. Locking characters at all is is the issue, and it has been the issue since the conversion.

• pwestolemynamepwestolemyname Posts: 978 Arc User
    I do think that they want to get rid of subscriptions because of the cost and hassle of managing them. That I totally understand. And I think that could all be handled using microtransactions to allow people to get the about the same point as their subscription for about the same amount of money.
    - - - - -
    SIGNATURE:
    Used to be coach on the forums. Still @coach in game.
    It doesn't help players that want to come back to the game but aren't sure about spending money, only the ones that are sure. That turns away many players that want to see if the game is worth paying for again. Locking characters at all is is the issue, and it has been the issue since the conversion.

Eh, in my example nothing changes for those players. If you come back to the game today and your sub has lapsed, then you hop on an archetype, check things out and if you like it renew, if you don't, don't. There's no problem there since the game will let you check things out for free at anytime. You don't need access to your FFs to make that determination.
    edited June 2018

1. No new subscriptions.

Lol you really hate that grandfathering idea. You speak of it like it should aboslutely be avoided if possible. Are you sure you're not a Cryptic or PWI employee? Because you seem very concerned about maximizing their profits, even when it is at their good clients expense. XD
    edited June 2018
    I want the game to be around for a good long while and I look at things in realistic ways. Also what's wrong with being a Cryptic employee? I would totally love that.
    edited June 2018
    I want the game to be around for a good long while and I look at things in realistic ways. Also what's wrong with being a Cryptic employee? I would totally love that.
    Not a in realistic way, more with a short term perspective. Making the game viable is more than finding ways to suck as much money as you can from your customers. Sure you can squeeze as much as you can but if you push it too far you will upset your clients and they'll leave. You're making a lot at once and then nothing. It's all about not crossing the line and leave your clients with the feeling that they are not being milked. Loyalty programs have proven their efficiency over and over, in the long run it's a lot more profitable than the basic "If I give something I won't be making any money out of it" logic you're applying here.

And the employee bit was just a jest, I'm not implying that it is shameful or anything of that sort. What I meant was that you care so much about how much money PWI/Cryptic can squeeze out of the players wallets that you're overlooking the customer's perspective.
  • riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    This is an opportunity to stimulate the game. In other words turn a negative into a positive. If they grandfather in previous subscribers, those who quit are likely to come back to see what's going on. Also, I'm 90% convinced this is the first step in introducing paid DLC's (New powers, content, etc..) into the game. If that's the goal, then softening the blow by showing a little goodwill and stimulating the pool of interested players just makes sense.
    Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!
    vylma wrote: »
    Not a in realistic way, more with a short term perspective.

Thinking about the ongoing revenue needed to keep the game funded and running is more long term than trying to get free stuff.

Thinking about the ongoing revenue needed to keep the game funded and running is more long term than trying to get free stuff.

Hard to keep a game funded if players are driven away from the game. Unless the five people still playing a year from now are spending a lot of money.
    riverocean wrote: »
    This is an opportunity to stimulate the game. In other words turn a negative into a positive. If they grandfather in previous subscribers, those who quit are likely to come back to see what's going on.

There's no "likely" to be had. I'm one of those players that keeps quitting because I can't play all of my characters, whether I'm subbed or not. I have to pick between them month-by-month. When I first heard the announcement of subs being dropped I was ecstatic that I could just play my golds as much as I wanted without having to choose, that I could support the game and play it as it was meant to be played without having to maintain a sub. That I could play some characters that I haven't played in almost a decade once again, without feeling like crap that if I didn't have time to play them all I'd be screwed when my sub ended once again.

And then I read the announcement, saw that my characters would be neutered and was absolutely heartbroken.

Grandfathering in characters isn't "giving away stuff for free." It's convincing old players to actually play again. Locking them behind the sub is just as bad as neutering them by turning them into ATs. It's why the game's population has never grown since the F2P conversion.
    edited June 2018

I don't know what you're calling trying to get free stuff. If that's handing out new slots to F2P players yes that's indeed giving free stuff and it won't acheive much unless that free stuff is an invitation to buy more. In the case of long time subscribers it is hardly giving away free stuff. Loyalty programs aren't giveaways. When you're rewarding you biggest customers it is precisely because they've spent a lot.
    Post edited by vylma on
    Hard to keep a game funded if players are driven away from the game. Unless the five people still playing a year from now are spending a lot of money.

Eh? How am I driving players away from the game with my opinions? Did you forget that we were talking about me and not PWE just now? :3c
    I don't know what you're calling trying to get free stuff.

The grandfathering thing where you give people access to all their Gold benefits for free. That last part there is the important part, make sure to read it twice.
    edited June 2018
    The grandfathering thing where you give people access to all their Gold benefits for free. That last part there is the important part, make sure to read it twice.
    And the begining of my post was important as well. The context matters. Giving something to somebody who never purchased anything or to a known customer are two totally different things. The former almost never happens (except with drug dealers, because addiction is working for them lol), the latter is a common practice. If you cut them out their context they both seem to be free giveaways but in reality if you give something to a regular customer it's because he already has bought something from you. So I repeat, no Grandfathering isn't really giving stuff for free because it isn't without a counterpart, it isn't open to everyone it's only for long time customers (i.e people who buy things).

And to be honest... You might have spent a lot of money into the game but who knows, maybe some Gold subs have spent even more than you. So if you really care about CO's future go buy stuff in the Z-store instead of advocating against any sort of recognition for people who've already injected several hundreds of dollars into the game.
  • kjodellkjodell Posts: 83 Arc User
    what I don't understand is why they HAVE to turn off subs to enable the premium pack, if people who were subbing before could continue to sub then why couldn't they do both, allow subbing or buy they premium pack, whys it got to be one or the other and not both
    kjodell wrote: »
    what I don't understand is why they HAVE to turn off subs to enable the premium pack, if people who were subbing before could continue to sub then why couldn't they do both, allow subbing or buy they premium pack, whys it got to be one or the other and not both

They don't have to do that. They could release the Premium Pack on its own. They decided to announce it at the same time as the sub change as a sort of "We're taking away this, but here's this new thing!". They just failed to realize that we would focus way more on the former.

It's entirely possibly they'll just release the Premium Pack on its own, since they'll make lots of sales with it.
  • riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    I do expect Cryptic is going to do something for those of us who subscribed for years. I mean I hit the subscription limit of 1000 Days last year I believe. It was around that point that I stopped subbing regularly really. I was like "crap-- I've spent a lot of money here already!!!!" Now, I still buy stuff from Cryptic. I dropped $20 bucks on CO and another $10 on STO this month. I actually went in and counted up my ZEN purchases from over the years, and I'm kind of embarrassed by how much money I spent collectively. I should've just bought a lifetime all those years ago.

So do I feel like a valued customer who deserves a little consideration? YUP! I think customers like me who've stuck with game through good and bad do deserve a token of appreciation. Do I think we'll be grandfathered in? Nope! I think PWI/Cryptic will weigh the cost of that and decided it's too much. What I'm hoping is that maybe they sweeten the deal a little. I'd be happy with allowing us to convert a limited number of our Gold FF's to Silver FF's. Which is what I'm betting they'll do.

So we'll see what happens. No matter what, there's going to be some disappointed players. But maybe CO will work hard to limit that number. Expect the worse, but hope for the best.
    Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!
    edited June 2018
    riverocean wrote: »
    Do I think we'll be grandfathered in? Nope! I think PWI/Cryptic will weigh the cost of that and decided it's too much
    They'd be wrong to think that it would cost them, especially after removing the montly subscriptions. There was no way that after more than four years of subscription I'd be left with no other choice than spend $50 on a silver to FF slot or a $300 LTS in order to keep my FF characters as FF. If everything stayed the way they had planned I would have stopped buying anything from them after the 7th: zero profits. On the other hand being grandfathered without a monthly stipend means that every purchase in the Z-store will cost something. With the end of the free new slot for every lvl 40 character it means that every new slot have to be bought even if you're Gold or LTS.

It may even bring old subscribers who didn't want to reactivate their subs back to the game. "But they're coming back for free it's usless". Nope it is not, with the new limitations (no stipend and no new character slots after lvl 40) they have a pretty good reason to spend money in the store even if their existing FF are unlocked, and last but not least populated severs are more attractive than empty ones and encourage players to stay. It's like a bait, but it's a fair one.
    edited June 2018
    Yeah old players who had no interest in resubbing might hear about the freebie and come back... and then leave again since it's not so hard to keep up with what's happening in the game and if news of new content didn't bring them back then getting access to their own account isn't going to keep them here since they could have gotten that for 15 bucks and chose not to.

"Oh hey, that game I don't play anymore wants to give me a free thing... sucks that I don't play that game anymore! Oh well!"
    Yeah old players who had no interest in resubbing might hear about the freebie and come back... and then leave again since it's not so hard to keep up with what's happening in the game and if news of new content didn't bring them back then getting access to their own account isn't going to keep them here since they could have gotten that for 15 bucks and chose not to.

"Oh hey, that game I don't play anymore wants to give me a free thing... sucks that I don't play that game anymore! Oh well!"

Or, y'know, they might come back and not want to sub, but still buy other things from the store because committing to a subscription is very different than making one-time purchases.

But here's the thing. Even if the vast majority don't stick around,they're still coming back temporarily. That's more than what's happening now and considerably more than would happen if their characters were forcibly converted to silvers. More players, even for a short while, is a good thing. You can't turn a player that isn't playing into a paying player. I don't understand why you can't grasp that simple concept.

But you apparently don't want anyone else to play the game. Just lifetime subs, they're clearly the only one that deserve such a privilege. Because they paid once a long time ago and never spent a dime since. That makes them deserving of plenty of dozens upon dozens of free character slots, for example. 'Cause they paid once, rather than spending over time, that makes them superior.

I wonder how many lifetimers left the game, never to return, while spending considerably less than a given subscriber?

Seriously, it's this ridiculous holier-than-thou, my-money-is-more-valuable-than-yours nonsense that ruined discussion about the initial conversion. Free players are valuable. Old subs are valuable. Hell, the only players that aren't actually that valuable are LTS ones, as they're the least likely to continue paying in the future.
    edited June 2018
    Hell, the only players that aren't actually that valuable are LTS ones, as they're the least likely to continue paying in the future.

"Players that spend 200-300 bucks at once on a game are not the type of players that spend a lot of money on a game."

Okay then o3o
    Hell, the only players that aren't actually that valuable are LTS ones, as they're the least likely to continue paying in the future.

"Players that spend 200-300 bucks at once on a game are not the type of players that spend a lot of money on a game."

Okay then o3o

Nah, those players that chose to purchase a lifetime sub because it's a cheaper alternative to maintaining a subscription for several years, the ones that are given a monthly stipend and (up til now) as many character slots as they want without paying any extra, are totally the people that are most likely to continually pay for the game.

You know, those people that are complaining about not getting more freebie character slots. They're the big spenders, clearly.

(This is not me saying LTS's shouldn't continue getting character slots.)

edited June 2018
    I have a LTS and I spent a hundred bucks on the game this month alone. So much for your theory o3o
    edited June 2018
    I have a LTS and I spent a hundred bucks on the game this month alone. So much for your theory o3o

Because you're clearly a typical LTS, and a typical player. That's why CO is so successful, because it's absolutely flooded with players like you. It makes Fortnite look like a struggling indie game, with all those players like you.

I wonder what you'd be saying if your characters were forcibly converted, too.

Edit: I was harsh. I regret that. The sentiment remains, though. You're oblivious to how other people play and support the game and have no concept of sticker shock. I'm guessing you've never looked at a pricetag and thought it was too high for you. Majority of players aren't like that. Sticker shock is a thing, and it turns people away. Someone might be willing to spend $15 on purchases every month, but committing to $15 a month indefinitely, with consequences for cancelling, is too much for them. If it wasn't too much at one point, maybe it is now, but they'd still pay $10 every month. Or $5 one month, $15 the next. The point is if they have the option and aren't being punished for not staying committed to the same $15 payment, they are more likely to still support the game at their own pace.

If you still can't understand that, and still think catering to those players by letting them play the characters they spent plenty of money on in the past so that they may be inclined to spend more in the future is a bad idea and just "giving out freebies," then I'm honestly baffled, and can only assume you're trolling for the sake of it.
  • jonesing4jonesing4 Posts: 800 Arc User
    I'm honestly baffled, and can only assume you're trolling for the sake of it.

Really, it's best to start there and then work backwards.
    edited June 2018
    You're oblivious to how other people play and support the game

I was actually making the point that any claim you make about "LTS players do this and this" is based on your own imagination and not any sort of facts. You gave your theory, and data to the contrary was immediately provided. Who's to say I'm not your typical LTS player? You? What data do you have that supports that claim? Your ideas are interesting sure, but musings often differ from reality.
    If you still can't understand that, and still think catering to those players by letting them play the characters they spent plenty of money on in the past so that they may be inclined to spend more in the future is a bad idea and just "giving out freebies," then I'm honestly baffled, and can only assume you're trolling for the sake of it.

You're baffled because somehow you've convinced yourself that I'm against letting players continue to play their characters. Let's test this idea of yours. Here we'll go back to an earlier post of mine in this very thread:

1. No new subscriptions.
    Oh look, what's that? A suggestion posted by me that would let those players have access to their characters forever! Well then, the availability of this information sure casts a critical eye on how you came to the idea that I'm not 100% for letting people continue to play their characters. I'm sure you'll eagerly retract that statement now instead of continuing an argument that is based around a false premise!
    jonesing4 wrote: »
    Really, it's best to start there and then work backwards.

Actually it's best to do everything you can to keep yourself from going there so easily otherwise you end up making the kind of blunder that I just pointed out. Convincing yourself that people who have different ideas and opinions are just trolls may be comforting in the short term, but in the long term you run into issues.

1. No new subscriptions.
    Oh look, what's that? A suggestion posted by me that would let those players have access to their characters forever! Well then, the availability of this information sure casts a critical eye on how you came to the idea that I'm not 100% for letting people continue to play their characters. I'm sure you'll eagerly retract that statement now instead of continuing an argument that is based around a false premise!

Just as I thought. No concept of sticker shock or how other people pay for content in games, particularly the impact of committing to a subscription vs paying at their own pace. There's no point debating you, you're not even on the same planet. But please keep thinking of yourself as a typical player. You deserve your delusions.

• jonesing4jonesing4 Posts: 800 Arc User
    Actually it's best to do everything you can to keep yourself from going there so easily otherwise you end up making the kind of blunder that I just pointed out. Convincing yourself that people who have different ideas and opinions are just trolls may be comforting in the short term, but in the long term you run into issues.

Oh, in general, for sure. But I was talking about you specifically. I haven't convinced myself that you're just a troll because you have different ideas and opinions. I know you to be a troll because you troll all the time. That doesn't make you a bad person or invalidate your opinions when you're being serious, it's just the only honest assessment that anyone could make after being exposed to you for some 12K posts over several years.

Trust me, we haven't 'gone there so easily'. We've been led there by what you've shown of yourself, repeatedly, for years. If you don't want to be perceived as a troll, I dunno, try not doing so much trolling.
    edited June 2018
    Just as I thought. No concept of sticker shock or how other people pay for content in games, particularly the impact of committing to a subscription vs paying at their own pace. There's no point debating you, you're not even on the same planet. But please keep thinking of yourself as a typical player. You deserve your delusions.

I see, so you have chosen to continue to believe that I have something against people retaining access to their characters. Welp, that's on you bud.

Also I never said I was a typical player. I asked you to provide information that shows otherwise. Which you didn't. Don't worry I don't actually expect you to show any information, because I know that you like everyone else here don't have that information. Kinda the point I was making, too bad it flew over your head.

jonesing4 wrote: »
    know you to be a troll because you troll all the time.

You are attempting to support a theory with itself. Just thought I would point that out.
  • folv#5303 folv Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited June 2018

Most of us have been having (or at least attempting to have) somewhat reasonable conversations on opposing ends of this 'debate' regarding what we each hope will be done going forward. Clearly there has been a reason as to why more of us butt heads with you than with each other. You have made it a point to sarcastically and passive-aggressively jump onto almost every single thread just to (seemingly) troll. If it's not trolling, could we please start by finally offering some references to some of your claims as of late? The one you've been pushing hard with lately is the claim that the dev's have indeed spoken on the character limit in terms of how it effects the game and using that to insinuate we aren't considering the well-being of the game by disagreeing with you. I am just wondering where you've read this, because I've been digging a bit and so far I haven't been able to find any dev comments made to that effect. So please, I would be more than happy to be proven wrong here.
    Don't worry I don't actually expect you to show any information, because I know that you like everyone else here don't have that information. Kinda the point I was making, too bad it flew over your head.

I am in the same boat as you here. I want proof. So please, for the sake of moving this conversation forward could you please practice what you preach and offer me some references to your recent assertions on other threads?
    edited June 2018
    folv#5303 wrote: »
    Clearly there has been a reason as to why more of us butt heads with you than with each other.

"more of us" lol
    I am in the same boat as you here. I want proof.

And yet you're forging ahead without it. Go get em tiger o3o/
  • folv#5303 folv Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    Don't worry I don't actually expect you to show any information, because I know that you like everyone else here don't have that information. Kinda the point I was making, too bad it flew over your head.
    Clearly there has been a reason as to why more of us butt heads with you than with each other.

"more of us" lol
    I am in the same boat as you here. I want proof.

And yet you're forging ahead without it. Go get em tiger o3o/

I mean, if anyone was needing any proof at this stage. Here you go...

Definitely not someone to be taken too seriously. At least not in terms of discussing the recent issues.
    Post edited by folv#5303 on
  • roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    I'm a lifer here, since 2013, I think. I currently play 4-5 days a week, for 2-3 hours at a time. I have around 50 characters, including five "mains". I have around 10 unused character slots.

I generally spend zero dollars per month on Champs. Once or twice a year, I spend around $10.

I have no idea if this is typical behavior for a lifetime member. I just wanted to provide another example.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    OK apart for the forums now being puke green what have I missed? I always miss the drama :I
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • mutantmaidsmutantmaids Posts: 118 Arc User
    nepht wrote: »
    OK apart for the forums now being puke green what have I missed? I always miss the drama :I

If your vomit is this color you should really see a doctor immediately tbh

If your vomit is this color you should really see a doctor immediately tbh

Its just abscence flavored puke.

They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
  • sistersiliconsistersilicon Posts: 1,687 Arc User

You took two weeks off, I came back from exile, Parquet Courts released a kick-**** album, and Cryptic corporate lost their bloody minds. Clearly we’ve altered the balance of the universe, but I’m not sure how.
    Choose your enemies carefully, because they will define you / Make them interesting, because in some ways they will mind you
    They're not there in the beginning, but when your story ends / Gonna last with you longer than your friends

You took two weeks off, I came back from exile, Parquet Courts released a kick-**** album, and Cryptic corporate lost their bloody minds. Clearly we’ve altered the balance of the universe, but I’m not sure how.

Yeah seems people are all the sky is falling and I am still trying to work out why. Some b*****d offspring of costumes, subscriptions and Cryptic messing up peoples accounts it seems.

• mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Posts: 521 Arc User
    Hmmm. That was weird.

I read a post here at the end of the thread, was going to reply with a quote on some specific comment, but it wouldn't let me, and when I refreshed the page the entire post was gone. *poof*

Anyway, just giving past subs access to whatever freeforms they might have made is not a solution. Not a good one.

I mean, someone subbed for a month and made 10 freeforms and now they get access to those freeforms forever?

If they could figure out some sort of scale it might work; Every six-twelve months subbed gets you access to your choice of one freeform or something like that.

But I do not think that the game could even support that sort of thing.

Anyway, whatever they do they need to give subscribers and former subscribers a method of accessing their existing freeforms.
    That's not something that they should be working on adding later, it's a thing that they need to have ready the moment they stop subs.

And if it ends up being a Zen store item that people can buy to unlock those characters, then maybe at that point Cryptic can look at maybe giving a few free ones out to players based upon the time they spent as a subscriber.
  • nbkxsnbkxs Posts: 768 Arc User
    I would do, but I have nothing to spend, so I just save up stipend, and then buy z off the q shop to supplement the stipend when I need something.
    [NbK]XStorm
  • johnystelar1johnystelar1 Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    I love how my post got deleted when I didn't curse or offend anyone, ten out of ten

I'm not in the mood for rewriting the whole thing with it's multiple paragraphs so ill try to sum it up, just stop arguing, this thread was made to thank the devs and those above them, for hearing us out not to start insulting eachother like a pack of wild dogs.

I said something along the lines of i know what it feels like to lose your characters and that many LTS players do indeed spend money, not just the one time 200-300$ and some of us spend a lot every month.
    So please do not accuse us of spending money once on lifetime and then never spending any again.
    There is things to buy like costumes, auras, costume and aura slots, catalysts,level up packs, travel powers, etc etc.

Also grandfathering subscriptions is a good idea. I believe loyal clients do deserve a token of appreciation even if the 'character slots were rented'

Or as spinny said (even though i may have some disagreements with him/her) allowing players who have ever subscribed already to resub anytime.
    Isnt a too bad idea

Giving away the tokens to convert silver characters to freeform to gold subs is also a good idea too.

I just dont want people to be locked away from their characters and forced to pay a lot or make them archetypes.
    Specially cuz ik how hard it can be to even save up for LTS and how long it can take for people in bad situations.
    Let alone pay a token for each and every one of their existing characters that they have worked and spent lots of money and time on.

But again this post was made to thank the devs and those above for hearing the players out, for hearing out our feedback, they heard us, something not a lot of game companies do, lets be grateful for that.

The premium pack has been delayed or whatever and they are rethinking it so lets see what happens, and hope they can come up with a solution to make everyone happy.

So much for a sum up

If this gets deleted too im out
    Post edited by johnystelar1 on
    We like barking at each other ~3~ it's the true endgame