test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Turn off the roaming NPC citizens during events like Bloodmoon and Qliphothic Invasion

avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
UMtSb7z.jpg
1AWuNnm.jpg

1. They create a ridiculous cluster during the Colossus fights
3. Affects the game's performances
2. Their Text Bubbles spam overrides the screen and if you are using /camdist with a high value it doesn't even scale down, ending up taking over your screen with huge speech boxes​​
POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    Also it looks dumb when you have ordinary humans wandering into the combat areas. Now for Bloodmoon…. the event script ADDS civilians to the map. why? So Tako and his minions have plenty of fresh corpses to reanimate.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    But it actually makes it look like there is some sort of disaster happening o3o
  • Options
    ph0toncann0nph0toncann0n Posts: 113 Community Moderator
    edited June 2018
    I argue that we can't turn it off for Bloodmoon, because part of the thing with the Bloodmoon hero gravesites is the fact that citizens will get tackled by zombies and gnawed on. They get turned this way, and increase the number of zombies patrolling the crypt. It's to challenge players and encourage them to take on the Undead Heroes as a group, and not solo.

The chat boxes are pretty annoying, though. dino1-11.gif​​
    || Champion since Sept. of 2012 ||
    uD82dqy.png
    Endgame PvE - DPS Addict - Mature Roleplayer - Spectre - Storywriter - Perk Hunter - Altoholic - D.I.S.C.O.R.D.
    Engel auf der Hölle | Death Excell | Ebon Carcass | Orb Weaver Von Deo | Peridot
  • Options
    magpieuk2014magpieuk2014 Posts: 1,268 Arc User
    The interactions between NPCs and the event monsters are great fun. I love the eternal punch up between the escaped prisoners and the Qlipthothic horrors outside the prison on West Side, and the aggro between Demons of various kinds in Downtown.
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    I'm pretty sure the citizens spawn around bloodmoon crypts are scripted to spawn along with the zombies and they are not same as the citizens who roam around
    They get spawned to get eaten by zombies​​
    Post edited by avianos on
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    There is also something about Downtown, it consumes a lot more resources than the other parts of MC

Especially during Qliphothic warzone, that event is a lagspike bomb
    I suspect its the civilians​​

Remember back to the end the Desert was lagging and the roaming NPC Dingos was causing this?
    I believe this is the same case
    Post edited by avianos on
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    I say double the number of NPCs, and make them bigger.
  • Options
    spinnytop wrote: »
    I say double the number of NPCs, and make them bigger.
    94f.gif​​
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    spinnytop wrote: »
    And add some auras to them.
    128.gif
    The Funny thing is, this would work if the Civilians were turned into Eldritch abominations

Actually I don't even want to think what would happen if all civilians had different Auras​​
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    I have yet to observe this "lagspike" you speak of. DT does seem to be somewhat more laggy than elsewhere, but not a lot.

I blame the portals opened by the Fire Demons.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters