test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Release Notes 6/1/2016

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,091 Cryptic Developer
edited June 2018 in Release Notes
Nightmare Event
The Nightmare Event will be running for the next 2 weeks!
  • Added Spikey Mask and Faceless Mask costumes to the store and as possible open mission rewards.

Nemesis
  • Added Gladius weapon skin unlock to the store.

Gold Subscription Reward
  • Added Roman Greaves costume. This will be the last Sub Reward costume.
​​
Post edited by kaiserin#0958 on

Comments

• Options
    johnystelar1johnystelar1 Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    kaizerin wrote: »
    Nightmare Event
    This will be the last Sub Reward costume.
    ​​

why last? O.o
  • Options
    nacito#6758 nacito Posts: 975 Arc User
    Nightmare Event
    This will be the last Sub Reward costume.

why last? O.o

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/champions-online/news/detail/10916073-introducing-the-premium-pack!​​
    Just another reptile lover, known in game as @nacito
    4hszgc1knoyo.png

This is a big journey, so far if you're reading this, wish you a good day
  • Options
    atlassarnosianatlassarnosian Posts: 169 Arc User
    New_Nightmare_Update_Costumes.png
    @atlassarnosian
    Banner.png
    Playing CO since August 25, 2012
    Lifetime sub since July 6, 2017

YouTube|Steam|DeviantArt|FurAffinity
    "Don't call me lizard!"
  • Options
    strongbeaustrongbeau Posts: 43 Arc User
    Still no Pulson RF Pistol weapon skin for Gadgeteers.
    Also, the news for this upcoming subscription change doesn't mention changes to free form slots. When the subscribers can no longer subscribe, will Gold and Silver members who made free form characters and didn't buy free form slots, what will happen to their free form characters? Normally when a subscription lapses, in order to play their character again, they have to re-sub, down grade to an Arch Type, or Upgrade to a Free Form slot. Do former subscribers have to now face this choice?
  • Options
    themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    This will be the last Sub Reward costume.​​

Will they continue for LTS or are they just being discontinued altogether?

strongbeau wrote: »
    Also, the news for this upcoming subscription change doesn't mention changes to free form slots. When the subscribers can no longer subscribe, will Gold and Silver members who made free form characters and didn't buy free form slots, what will happen to their free form characters? Normally when a subscription lapses, in order to play their character again, they have to re-sub, down grade to an Arch Type, or Upgrade to a Free Form slot. Do former subscribers have to now face this choice?

This is a very important point and not concretely covered in the news article.

Also, are the character slots with the premium pack FF or AT?

zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    According to the press release, subscriptions will continue; they will not lapse. You may purposefully cancel a subscription. From the press release:

" If you have a monthly subscription currently, it will continue and you will receive all of the benefits of that subscription. You can still cancel that subscription at any time."

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    New_Nightmare_Update_Costumes.png
    Chaos mentioned that the mask resembles Beelzemon, but for some reason along with the faceless mask it reminds me of Griffith from Berserk (who did EVERYTHING WRONG)

Perfect mask for a Traitor​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    What happens to lifetime subscriptions now?

Lifetime Subscriptions will continue in the current form with no changes.

But also read the last part of that post. You'll no longer gain a free character slot for reaching 40, even with a lifetime account.

(In addition, in chat we've been told that there's going to be a character cap of 59; if you already have more than that, you keep the slots, if not, that's your maximum).

So lifetime accounts are not exactly being completely left alone.
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    So basically with subs, if you don't buy a lifetime or set-up for a permanent recurring sub, all access to previously leveled FreeForms is gone? I guess this was a way to stop folks like me who frequently flip back from sub to paid?

I don't now if I can justify buying lifetime for this game, but subbing for a permanently recurring plan is even more of a financial waste. This really sucks because now I must buy a lifetime or lose access to my freeforms forever!!!

Wow.

Well at least they put lifetime subs on sale... but money is way to tight for me at this point to waste that kind of money. And no way will I ever buy a lifetime at full price when the sale is over. Oh well.. I guess I'll just delete all my old FreeForms, cuz looking at them and not being able to play them is going to be way too depressing.
    Post edited by riverocean on
    Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!
  • Options
    ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    “But also read the last part of that post. You'll no longer gain a free character slot for reaching 40, even with a lifetime account.”

That better be a typo. They sell you a LT membership with perks and then take those away.....

They have been saying F U to altaholics for a long time...this is now taking a piss on them.

When are those other hero games coming? Never wanted one to succeed so bad before until now. Thank you for killing the one enjoyment I had...and since I’m already under Moderation 2, go ahead and kick it to 3...if this post doesn’t meet your biased agenda.
  • Options
    iamynaughtiamynaught Posts: 41 Arc User
    What happens to lifetime subscriptions now?

Lifetime Subscriptions will continue in the current form with no changes.

But also read the last part of that post. You'll no longer gain a free character slot for reaching 40, even with a lifetime account.

(In addition, in chat we've been told that there's going to be a character cap of 59; if you already have more than that, you keep the slots, if not, that's your maximum).

So lifetime accounts are not exactly being completely left alone.

I have to say, if I'd known this was the direction the game was going to go, I'd never have bought my LTS last year. As an altaholic, the fact I would get new character slots for every lvl 40 was the major selling point for the game. Yes, I can still buy slots (up to a limit), and I will since I'll still be getting the stipend, but I will never EVER put real money into this game again.
    Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • Options
    thatguymatikzthatguymatikz Posts: 65 Arc User

Well, considering I already have way more than 59 characters if this is true I guess I'm about out of reasons to keep playing.
  • Options
    retcon1retcon1 Posts: 7 Arc User
    Thank you for your years of service, Cryptic, but this is when the game was murdered. It will lurch along for another few years, but this is the moment when the game starts hemorrhaging the players who have been playing the game daily for nine years. The people who buy every single costume pack and who keep up the appearance that the game is actually alive. We’ll be seeing the free-to-play players come and go as usual, but aside from a few “whales” who don’t mind spending 5000 Zen for each new character, the regulars are being told to take their business elsewhere. This feels like a calculated move based on the time the long-term players have invested in this game and the fact that there’s no other worthwhile superhero MMO out there right now.

I’ve got something like 30 open slots from leveling and that’ll keep me for as long as this game lasts, but my altoholic friends are being hurt badly by this. Most players aren’t willing, or able, to spend 5000 Zen per new character and asking them to do so, on very short notice, is a shitty move.
  • Options
    jeeb51jeeb51 Posts: 78 Arc User
    wow... so After playing this game since 2011 (roughly), going LTS in 2012, buying zen, they're basically saying they don't want alt-o-holics (the "vanishing" of the free character slot after hitting 40), the issue with their payment system for monthly subs... its not going to start until June 7th, but yet already people are getting notices of their monthly payments NOT going through so they have already lost their monthly sub ability, guess it already started huh... these changes will not do well for game, many subscribing players will begin looking for a new game to give their money to i guess... being LTS i see a lack of "wanting to play" becoming an issue with a character cap, what will it do... FORCE players to make another account??? having to pay for LTS more than once... is it all about money now?? It seems like a cold shoulder to all the veteran players and maybe new players alike... isn't a good sign... (this is all my opinion of course, but i see ZONE chats, ive heard the issues already happening ahead of their cut off date of June 7th... so im curious to why the back turning as it seems)... eh, i for one have struggled with telling people to come play CHAMPIONS, but these limitations will turn many potential subscribers away...atleast i feel it will.
  • Options
    jonesing4jonesing4 Posts: 800 Arc User
    Well, considering I already have way more than 59 characters if this is true I guess I'm about out of reasons to keep playing.

That's about where I'm coming down on it, too. I guess I have one week to power level as many characters to 40 as I possibly can, and then play as long as those slots will hold my interest. Then it's probably going to be a pretty quick loss of interest.
  • Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    retcon1 wrote: »
    Thank you for your years of service, Cryptic, but this is when the game was murdered. It will lurch along for another few years, but this is the moment when the game starts hemorrhaging the players who have been playing the game daily for nine years. The people who buy every single costume pack and who keep up the appearance that the game is actually alive. We’ll be seeing the free-to-play players come and go as usual, but aside from a few “whales” who don’t mind spending 5000 Zen for each new character, the regulars are being told to take their business elsewhere. This feels like a calculated move based on the time the long-term players have invested in this game and the fact that there’s no other worthwhile superhero MMO out there right now.

I’ve got something like 30 open slots from leveling and that’ll keep me for as long as this game lasts, but my altoholic friends are being hurt badly by this. Most players aren’t willing, or able, to spend 5000 Zen per new character and asking them to do so, on very short notice, is a shitty move.

If you maintain a subscription, you can buy regular slots, not FF ones. They are supposed to work as they do now.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    beezeezebeezeeze Posts: 927 Arc User
    If 59 character slots is the max and you already have over 59 characters...maybe you might consider deleting some of the ones that you don't get much use out of? Yeah that isn't the best solution I know but do you really regularly play as over 59 characters? The slots you already have are not going to disappear.

• Options
    beezeeze wrote: »
    If 59 character slots is the max and you already have over 59 characters...maybe you might consider deleting some of the ones that you don't get much use out of? Yeah that isn't the best solution I know but do you really regularly play as over 59 characters? The slots you already have are not going to disappear.

No, thanks. I named them, leveled them, geared them, made costumes for them, spent time on preparing builds for them, and play them when I feel like it, because I enjoy those characters. But, those seem to be the two options for people who enjoy making new characters: delete old ones, or **** right off.
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    jonesing4 wrote: »

No, thanks. I named them, leveled them, geared them, made costumes for them, spent time on preparing builds for them, and play them when I feel like it, because I enjoy those characters. But, those seem to be the two options for people who enjoy making new characters: delete old ones, or **** right off.

Then obviously that solution will not work for you and that really is unfortunate. I'm already over the limit myself and don't really want to delete any of my characters either... but that is one option I have open for me, maybe they will soon decide to raise the maximum character limit, I believe I read in one of these threads that may be a possibility.

Also I intend to level as many characters as I can to 40 over this next week to unlock more slots while I still have the chance.

• Options
    jasinblazejasinblaze Posts: 1,360 Arc User

this response lacks all empathy, it would have been better to say nothing.
  • Options
    jasinblaze wrote: »

That was not my intention at all.

• Options
    Then obviously that solution will not work for you and that really is unfortunate. I'm already over the limit myself and don't really want to delete any of my characters either... but that is one option I have open for me, maybe they will soon decide to raise the maximum character limit, I believe I read in one of these threads that may be a possibility.

Also I intend to level as many characters as I can to 40 over this next week to unlock more slots while I still have the chance.

You're right, it's an option. And same here, I'm DEFINITELY going to be binging in the next week to finish off as many 40s as possible. I'll probably be so sick of the game by the 7th (from over-exposure) that I won't care what they do to it.
  • Options
    zorklorzorklor Posts: 5 Arc User
    Some of you guys didint seem to read or at least fully understand what the update said.. so here is a simple breakdown for those of you that have a million characters.

THE NORMAL LIMIT HAS ALWAYS BEEN 59 This is NOT new.
    If you have more than 59 slots then YOU CAN KEEP THEM! I know people with hundreds!
    The only thing to change is that you don't get a new one with every level 40.
    You can buy another slot if for some nutty reason you HAVE TO HAVE another. I suspect this is going to be VERY rare. if your the kind of person to look at 59 slots and say "that's not enough for me" then you A: Probably already have more than that and your squawking about nothing or B:need to go find another game.. because that number is GENEROUS! and still there is ways for you to get more.. Good luck finding a MMO game that will give you that many (wow only lets you have 50)..

Honestly people are just looking for things to complain about.

• Options
    guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,392 Arc User
    The reason I play this game is to make new characters. If I can't make new characters I'll probably move on. I read and understood everything that's coming in this update.
  • Options
    zorklor wrote: »
    You can buy another slot if for some nutty reason you HAVE TO HAVE another.

Two posts into your career here, and you're already wrong about a fundamental part of your little rant. You're impressing us so far, was there anything else?
  • Options
    Lol@zorklor

It’s funny because you actually think you have a point.
  • Options
    gillfignofignogillfignofigno Posts: 64 Arc User
    Some of you guys didint seem to read or at least fully understand what the update said.. so here is a simple breakdown for those of you that have a million characters.

If you have more than 59 slots then YOU CAN KEEP THEM! I know people with hundreds!
    You can buy another slot if for some nutty reason you HAVE TO HAVE another. I suspect this is going to be VERY rare. if your the kind of person to look at 59 slots and say "that's not enough for me" then you A: Probably already have more than that and your squawking about nothing or B:need to go find another game.. because that number is GENEROUS! and still there is ways for you to get more.. Good luck finding a MMO game that will give you that many (wow only lets you have 50)..

Why would anyone want to defend this? I just don't understand what you get out of me and others who enjoy making new characters not playing the game anymore.
  • Options
    xcelsior41xcelsior41 Posts: 1,056 Arc User

Very much so. And it's a common response to alt-o-holics in game as well. I have 39 40s. NONE of them are getting deleted ever. I shouldnt have to, I'm LTS. I payed for the ability to have never-ending slots.
    Buffing everything to stupid high levels and nerfing everything to piss poor levels yields the same results, but not the same community reactions.

42 40s, LTSer.
  • Options
    xcelsior41xcelsior41 Posts: 1,056 Arc User

I'm 100% certain you don't have any 40s. When you get one, you'll see how entertaining it is to get another, and you'll see why slots are important.
    Buffing everything to stupid high levels and nerfing everything to piss poor levels yields the same results, but not the same community reactions.

42 40s, LTSer.
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    xcelsior41 wrote: »

Very much so. And it's a common response to alt-o-holics in game as well. I have 39 40s. NONE of them are getting deleted ever. I shouldnt have to, I'm LTS. I payed for the ability to have never-ending slots.

But I am in the same boat as you...I have 71 character slots currently and around twenty level 40 characters...deleting characters is something I have already started doing. I do sympathize I really do but this is the solution I have decided upon so that I can continue making more characters.

I don't like it but what else can I do... up and quit the game? If I did that I wouldn't have any characters to play with.

This is happening and we can't stop it, so those are the only options.

Please to not mistake my pragmatism for a lack of empathy.
    Post edited by beezeeze on

• Options
    I keep trying to log into CO and I get a message saying "version mismatch" even though it already patched. What do I do?
  • Options
    jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,431 Arc User
    Seems like a bitter pill after becoming the longest running superhero mmo ever :( Not the sort of celebration I had in mind.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • Options
    Hello? Anybody? Can't log into CO here and can't find the solution to the error i'm receiving. There's no previous version to restore.
  • Options
    Try a force patch
  • Options
    Or just switch to a game that doesn't hate its customers.

(half-kidding)
  • Options
    jonesing4 wrote: »
    Or just switch to a game that doesn't hate its customers.

(half-kidding)

Well considering mine has been dead for 6 years now that's unlikely.
  • Options
    salmialmisalmialmi Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    Toy master won't let us trade nightmare action figures for perks.
  • Options
    mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Posts: 521 Arc User
    xcelsior41 wrote: »

Did they ever promise that this was something that LTSers would get, or is it just something that they were getting?

Because unless they put it in writing somewhere that one of the LTS benefits would be a nec character slot every time you took a character to the cap then it was just an assumption.

A correct assumption for a time, but not a promise made by the game.
  • Options
    So it's now the afternoon and I still can't log into CO. When I log into my account the progress bar says 'patching' and nothing happens. I did the "force verify" and that didn't fix the problem.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    you might have to reinstall. sometimes it can't patch due to file corruption.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    galactickirigalactickiri Posts: 92 Arc User
    Trying to figure out why they'd eliminate a monthly sub... There are some of us out here, including myself, that would have gone lifer by now, if money were no object...but...money is sort of an object still.
  • Options
    daderganonumbersdaderganonumbers Posts: 64 Arc User
    As a perennial silver player, I welcome the Premium Pack and its affordable price. But I feel for everyone who is losing benefits they've come to love. I may not be able to see the need for more than 59 alts, but I love the handful of characters I have as well as the many, many others I've created and deleted (to be brought back as soon as possible.) So I do sympathize.

HOWEVER: What really concerns me is that this and other recent removal of cash items (become devices, certain costumes, etc.) from the C-Store to more free or low-cost options almost seems like a clinically depressed person suddenly giving away all their earthly possessions. You haven't "come to a decision," have you Champions?
  • Options
    > @markhawkman said:
    > you might have to reinstall. sometimes it can't patch due to file corruption.

————————
    Too bad that corrupt file is called Champions Online
  • Options
    stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User
    "So it's now the afternoon and I still can't log into CO. When I log into my account the progress bar says 'patching' and nothing happens. I did the "force verify" and that didn't fix the problem."

Is this the problem people were having a month or two ago with the patcher? The one that people fixed by changing the proxy to EU? (under Options > Game in the launcher)​​
    YouTube - Steam - Twitter
    [at]riviania Member since Aug 2009