test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Why yank Jo the Mechanic and her vendor store so abruptly?

You guys pulled Jo the Mechanic out of the Ren Cen and replaced her with the Golden Seraph and gave me no time to spend 500 Circus Malvanum gears. Normally, you let the vendor for an event linger for a few days after the event is over. There is no one who loves this game more than me but in the last few weeks you have punched me hard again and again. First you stole the value of more than one thousand nemesis tokens I had worked to earn. Then you discontinued two programs which I had had good reason to believe I would be enjoying for a long while, having paid for a Lifetime Subscription which was advertised as including those programs. Now you close the vendor store abruptly. I guess I can expect you to tell me that my 500 Circus Malvanum gears are worthless when the circus comes back because you have introduced Circus TOKENS or COINS ... anything to hurt me and the other players. please have a heart. This sort of lack of consideration is killing us.

Comments

• ph0toncann0nph0toncann0n Posts: 113 Community Moderator
    edited June 2018
    Ooooookay. There's a lot to go over, here. I don't usually "dissect" a post, but there's enough in here that I think each point needs its own dedicated response.

First of all, don't think that I don't sympathize with you. I understand. And second, this technically isn't a suggestion thread. ...At all. You might wanna consider the next time you make a thread like this.

You guys pulled Jo the Mechanic out of the Ren Cen and replaced her with the Golden Seraph and gave me no time to spend 500 Circus Malvanum gears. Normally, you let the vendor for an event linger for a few days after the event is over.

It is true that some event vendors stick around 'til the event ends. This is not always the case....It's why you always want to be safe, and spend your tokens the last day of, before the event ends. That's the general rule. It's rough when you have to learn it the hard way; that's happened to me before, trust me. The plus is that Circus Malvanum occurs twice a year, and you will always have those Gears available for the next round.

There is no one who loves this game more than me

Watch, somebody will come in here and say otherwise.
    First you stole the value of more than one thousand nemesis tokens I had worked to earn.

This one's beaten like a dead horse. The TL;DR of it is, there was an issue with the Nemesis Tokens as there was no cap to them. The store was a ghost town. The store is still on the new Nemesis Vendor...Go spend your thousands of tokens there. It's not like all of that went away. You were given an outlet.
    Then you discontinued two programs which I had had good reason to believe I would be enjoying for a long while, having paid for a Lifetime Subscription which was advertised as including those programs.

A lot of us are struggling through this change right now, but none of this is personally directed at you. The Dev team couldn't do anything about the new policy...It is what it is.
    Now you close the vendor store abruptly.

If you mean the Gold Monthly Subscription Vendor, then no. He's still there. You can go and get your stuff. They're just discontinuing the production of monthly sub rewards on him because monthly subs are going bye-bye. Premium Pack will also give you two freebie coins that let you grab any two things you previously may have missed on that vendor.
    I guess I can expect you to tell me that my 500 Circus Malvanum gears are worthless when the circus comes back because you have introduced Circus TOKENS or COINS

What no, there's no need to do that. The Circus Malvanum Gears were built with a cap to them, so there's no need for them to change. The Devs literally have better things to be doing right now than that. Trust me.
    ... anything to hurt me and the other players. please have a heart. This sort of lack of consideration is killing us.

This is way over-dramatized. Remember that it's just a game, and like I said before, it's rough learning the hard lesson, but it makes you a better person in the end. You'll have a ton of gears for the cool stuff they'll release for the next Circus Malvanum.​​
    || Champion since Sept. of 2012 ||
    uD82dqy.png
    Endgame PvE - DPS Addict - Mature Roleplayer - Spectre - Storywriter - Perk Hunter - Altoholic - D.I.S.C.O.R.D.
    Engel auf der Hölle | Death Excell | Ebon Carcass | Orb Weaver Von Deo | Peridot