test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Premium Pack Questions

crowcaine#6416 crowcaine Posts: 21 Arc User
#1 Will Purchasers of this pack still be able to obtain vet rewards for time played as if they were a gold sub?

#2 The 6 Character Slots that come with this, are they freeform or AT and how will Gold Subs be able to keep their Freeform status?

#3 Why are we loosing the monthly sub rewards?

#4 Will Lifetime subs be the only way of getting unlimited Freeforms if the pack does not give them?

#5 Will current gold subs be able to keep the freeform characters they have after purchase of the pack?

#6 If no freeform slots are going to be added with the pack, will the cost of freeforms be dropped? (honestly 15$ a month for unlimted freeform to 50$ per character will be quite harsh.)

Comments

• roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    Link about the premium pack is here.

1. You will keep Veteran rewards you've already earned, but won't earn new ones. Lifers get all of them, as currently implemented.

2. If you are a subscriber, you maintain that status until you cancel, and keep your Gold slots. You won't lose anything you have, though you won't gain anything new.
    I'm not sure if the pack slots are Gold or Silver if you are a subscriber, though the statement that "benefits remain as long as you are subscribed" seems to imply that the slots would be Gold.

3. Not sure, but likely because folks are more likely to make one time purchases than monthly subs. Maybe a CO rep will field that one.

4. EDIT: You won't keep getting free character slots when characters hit level 40.
    (thanks for catching that)

5. Yes if you keep subscription status

6. Who knows?
    Post edited by roughbearmattach on

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    There's not really such a thing as 'gold slots'. There's freeform slots and regular slots. Regular slots can only be freeform if you're gold.

I notice that the premium pack does not include a hideout.
  • hasukurobihasukurobi Posts: 405 Arc User
    The Premium Pack is a one time purchase and I have no idea about FF slots. I can imagine the monthly sub reward was a bit of a drain on resources that they felt was not worth it in addition to event stuff and purchasable costumes.
  • ordinaryplayer#2642 ordinaryplayer Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited June 2018

Upping the "sub/lts advantages" - Seems to be no bank slots for gold either in the pack. (and 1 less inventory slot)

nxclass13 wrote: »
    #5 Will current gold subs be able to keep the freeform characters they have after purchase of the pack?

Question seems to be going around that align with 5/6 are:

#5a Will ex-gold (dropped subs) be forced into ATs or have some way to keep their Free forms
    #5b/6 AT->(special slot)FF upgrade
    #7 Public Test Server access requirements now
    #8 Since we need to buy slots now ... Are the 2 characters slots for 1400 Zen AT/FF if you are Silver/Gold/LTS (all permutations)
    Post edited by ordinaryplayer#2642 on
  • magpieuk2014magpieuk2014 Posts: 1,268 Arc User
    Re:4

The link says that subscribers won't get additional character slots when one toon reaches 40, once the Premium pack is in place. I don't mind paying for more slots but I do need clarification on the status of the current Gold perks so I don't end up having to repurchase things.
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    The bonus inventory slot was always a veteran reward. You get the same slots as a new subscriber.
    There's not really such a thing as 'gold slots'. There's freeform slots and regular slots. Regular slots can only be freeform if you're gold.

FF slots are slightly different from Gold subscriber slots, and are accounted for differently. For instance, FF slots persist through subsctiption status changes, and do not have a "color all" button under power tinting.

Likewise, a Silver slot can be converted to Gold when you sub, whereas FF slots have nothing like that. They have different icons on the character select screen, too.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • volkinus#3857 volkinus Posts: 9 Arc User
    Once our subscription runs out and we have bought the premium pack, will all our gold/ freeform slots be locked out or forced to go silver AT? I'm sure this was asked in a way but I want to clarify. I would like to keep my characters.
  • mutantmaidsmutantmaids Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    Whoa, what? If you guys are getting rid of the free slot at level 40, you're gonna increase the cap on slots we can buy, right? Because as it is now, there's definitely a cap on the amount of slots one can buy, but not on the slots you can get by leveling.

Please tell me this is being increased.

I'm also not sure why this is being removed from lifetime. Why remove more incentives to buy it? Wouldn't you guys want to offer that as a bonus, to make more people want to plunk down the money for it?
  • anyajenkinsanyajenkins Posts: 1 Arc User
    what's available with Gold costume tokens? will non-lts have access to the duck beak ?
  • iamynaughtiamynaught Posts: 41 Arc User
    Whoa, what? If you guys are getting rid of the free slot at level 40, you're gonna increase the cap on slots we can buy, right? Because as it is now, there's definitely a cap on the amount of slots one can buy, but not on the slots you can get by leveling.

Please tell me this is being increased.

According to one post from biffsmackwell, there is also going to be a character CAP put in place. We will be limited to 59 total characters. If you currently have more than that, you keep them but will not get any more.
    What happens to lifetime subscriptions now?

Lifetime Subscriptions will continue in the current form with no changes.

But also read the last part of that post. You'll no longer gain a free character slot for reaching 40, even with a lifetime account.

(In addition, in chat we've been told that there's going to be a character cap of 59; if you already have more than that, you keep the slots, if not, that's your maximum).

So lifetime accounts are not exactly being completely left alone.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    Well, frak. There goes the impetus for me to get more toons to 40. (And, by extension, my occasional purchase of level devices from the C-store. Nice move.)

Will LTS at least still get those monthly subscriber rewards? Or is that going away too? Edit: Never mind, just read the patch notes. Well, that sucks.

(Overall, I have to say this move disappoints me. It really isn't well-suited to the way CO has classically worked.)
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    edited June 2018
    Erroneous post.
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

what's available with Gold costume tokens? will non-lts have access to the duck beak ?
    The Gold Tokens are apparently to be used to purchase the old Monthly Reward costume bits (the ones subscribers got for being subbed). It doesn't say if there's ever going to be a way for a non-LTS to get any Vet Rewards they haven't earned yet, but it would seem that it won't be via the Gold Tokens.

Some of the Q&A wording is a little unclear. It says Gold FF toons will have to become ATs if your "subscription lapses".
    What does that mean, exactly?

• kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,089 Cryptic Developer
    It's no different than if you lapse now. If you are subscribed now, and your sub lapses, your characters become silver and must be converted to archetypes if you want to continue using them.

If you have a freeform slot, which can only be purchased from the zen store, that slot remains unchanged regardless of subscription.​​
  • biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    You can keep a subscription going, but there will be no more new subscriptions starting on the 7th.

If at any time after that your subscription ends (you decide to go silver), your account will stay silver forever after that unless you buy a lifetime subscription.

They're going to look into a way to make a z-store item to convert regular slots into freeform slots.
    biffsig.jpg
  • iamynaughtiamynaught Posts: 41 Arc User
    It means, sub until the game closes or you will lose access to your Gold FF characters. If they are FF's slots you bought, you know, the $50 ones, those should stay the same. If you are currently subbed, stay subbed. You will have to convert them to AT's if you want to play them if you don't.

Unless they actually come up with a better solution, which they are seemingly looking into but there is no guarantee.
    Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • volkinus#3857 volkinus Posts: 9 Arc User
    Yeah that 'decide to go silver' feels more like we're being held hostage, coughing out our monthly without fail just to maintain one of the biggest things that gave this game its appeal. That before it is walled behind a payment of mysterious or vague amount to convert the characters we worked so hard to make in build and bio. This kind of thing might be shooting the people who couldn't afford LTS but subscribed for YEARS and made a lot of characters enjoying this product in the foot. Granted its hard to work around a paradigm change with this game's unique structure but maybe the pooch deserves a fancy dinner before its screwed?
  • aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    If you're paying for a monthly subscription, but tend to take a break for a few months now and then. Can you still reactivate it?
  • yvonnedyvonned Posts: 147 Arc User
    aiqa wrote: »
    If you're paying for a monthly subscription, but tend to take a break for a few months now and then. Can you still reactivate it?

Not after the 7th.
  • rslvfzgrslvfzg Posts: 49 Arc User
    kaizerin wrote: »
    It's no different than if you lapse now. If you are subscribed now, and your sub lapses, your characters become silver and must be converted to archetypes if you want to continue using them.

If you have a freeform slot, which can only be purchased from the zen store, that slot remains unchanged regardless of subscription.​​

Oh, yes ... there's a HUGE difference!

If you lapse now - until 7th - you can still re-sub. After the 7th, you'll be FORCED to either AT your toons OR pay a shitload of money not everyone can afford.

I'm not able to pay them 220 Euros for LTS just like that. So, if I want to keep playing CO, I'm FORCED now to keep that Sub running - no matter what.

This is all but fair to us players, who keep this game alive.

On the other hand ... who cares for players ... they're only there to do what allmighty PW wants ...

I'm quite sure you'll announce the foreclosure of Champions Online within the next 2 or 3 months.

R.I.P. Champions Online

Time to lose my home for a 2nd time :'(
    Regloh@rslvfzg - PARAGON DAWN
    - Dawn Radio -
  • moira66moira66 Posts: 56 Arc User
    If you are already a gold subscriber and keep on with your gold subscription...

if i buy a 750z character slot will that slot let me make a freeform character?
  • somebobsomebob Posts: 980 Arc User
    moira66 wrote: »

Yes.

BUT! as soon as you let your sub lapse (and remember - you can't change your credit card info without hitting that sub page, either!), that character will be forced to become an AT if you want to play them again.
    Owner and Lead Moderator for the Primus Database. Post your Hero today!
    Razira's Primus Database Page
  • silvergryphsilvergryph Posts: 63 Arc User
    somebob wrote: »

Yes.

BUT! as soon as you let your sub lapse (and remember - you can't change your credit card info without hitting that sub page, either!), that character will be forced to become an AT if you want to play them again.

You can manage payment methods from the Cryptic Studios account management page.
    https://secure.crypticstudios.com/champions/menu

• werx138werx138 Posts: 28 Arc User
    somebob wrote: »

Yes.

You can manage payment methods from the Cryptic Studios account management page.
    https://secure.crypticstudios.com/champions/menu

True, but currently you have to go to the subscriptions section to select which method is used for the sub. It should still work to Edit the existing payment method used by the sub as long as people don't mistakenly add the new card as a new payment method.
  • folv#5303 folv Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    You can keep a subscription going, but there will be no more new subscriptions starting on the 7th.

If at any time after that your subscription ends (you decide to go silver), your account will stay silver forever after that unless you buy a lifetime subscription.

They're going to look into a way to make a z-store item to convert regular slots into freeform slots.

This is actually shocking to me. You are saying that this game, which is removing subscriptions, will still be selling Lifetime Subs POST-update? So "lifetime subscriptions" no longer serve as a "better-deal-for-larger-up-front-cost" sort of situation since it will not be saving you any money in a game where subscriptions are now void. It now exists soley to stop these undeniably crippling changes from affecting your account (minus the character slot unlock change). This entire situation is becoming more transparent as time goes on. They are actually creating a $200 (soon to be $300 again I assume) paywall for what use to be content available through monthly subscriptions (far more manageable for most players, and offers the ability to come and go as desired); and beyond this we actually are offered WORSE methods of obtaining freeforms AND character slots. I've said it before, and I'll say it again. This is borderline scandalous behavior for a game company. Needless to say, nothing can be done on the part of the players to change anything as we agreed to the terms and conditions upon account creation, but it doesn't change the fact that what's being done here is just absolutely wrong to say the least.
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    folv#5303 wrote: »
    This is actually shocking to me. You are saying that this game, which is removing subscriptions, will still be selling Lifetime Subs POST-update? So "lifetime subscriptions" no longer serve as a "better-deal-for-larger-up-front-cost" sort of situation since

No LTS will still be a massive value when you look at what it gets you and then look at what you would have to pay getting all of it one-by-one from the Z-Store. Someone totaled it up once and it was pretty insane. They didn't actually bother calculating the value of "infinite character slots" because, well, infinite value so that was actually left out entirely.
  • kaizerin wrote: »

Added to "oops my sub fell down" is all the people coming back from a summer break (or out of school, or whatever) locked out with "pay up LTS or else go *free* AT"

With all FFs locked, and free AT slots in the bonus pack, inside the game inside the bonus .. lockout!
    We redoing the home page?
    Dropping everyone a free AT/FF again (indefinitely?)
    Insist they use a free retrain they hopefully have and sacrifice a character?
    Hope they have 1,400 zen (or will pay 1,400 zen) and are eligible for the slots?

So its defiantly different than before.

Time to get those brains working, I call an under/over of .. about 1 month (under) till we get a post.

• x4ndr4xx4ndr4x Posts: 1 Arc User
    "Who can purchase this pack?
    Anyone who has never been a Gold Subscriber, or purchased this pack before, can purchase the Premium Pack."

Can some1 explain it?
    ...if I ever bought "gold" for only a few months in the past? cant buy it? etc...
    thx in advance
  • narf#9213 narf Posts: 108 Arc User
    x4ndr4x wrote: »
    "Who can purchase this pack?
    Anyone who has never been a Gold Subscriber, or purchased this pack before, can purchase the Premium Pack."

Can some1 explain it?
    ...if I ever bought "gold" for only a few months in the past? cant buy it? etc...
    thx in advance

"If you have ever purchased a subscription or are currently subscribed you can claim the Premium Pack from the bonus tab in the ZEN store. The Premium Pack and Monthly Subscription Rewards do not stack on each other. "

Basically, you can't buy it because you get it for free if you've been Gold status in the past. You also can't buy the pack twice.