test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Telios Ascended Epic mission, looking for casual team for run

For about three months now, my primary character has had the Telios Ascended Epic mission in their log, but have been unable to complete it because teams are not available.
Since I want to complete it, I'm looking for a casual team who can get through the instance.

If anyone wants to assist with completing this goal, look for Rockslide in RenCen:
719B708A4277B176FFFD7A84DFD6F553144F2B0D
Please note, I may be jumping around instances a lot, because I'm chasing Onslaught Villains.

Bees like honey, they don't like vinegar.
Everytime someone makes a character that is an copy of an existing superhuman, Creativity is sad :'(

Comments

• spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    How casual does the team need to be? o3o

Are you in TheEndGame channel? Can generally advertise for a team in there, and find other people advertising as well. Not so much this week though cause people goofed up the Cosmic rotation and there's like an hour between cosmics.
  • ls975ls975 Posts: 50 Arc User
    spinnytop wrote: »

Are you in TheEndGame channel? Can generally advertise for a team in there, and find other people advertising as well. Not so much this week though cause people goofed up the Cosmic rotation and there's like an hour between cosmics.

I mean...I think there's a bigger issue than just the rotation being goofed this week.
    1xugqf.jpg
    Because we all know you can't pass checks if all your team-mates are defeatedpotatoes.

I'd be up for helping with TA, but I'm not a real tank, and my gear is garbage right now.
  • tilartatilarta Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    spinnytop wrote: »

Are you in TheEndGame channel?

Anything goes, as long as the team can bring the skills to complete the mission.
    I got tired of players assembling pro teams and saying things like "switch characters, we don't want that one".
    Which obviously isn't achieving the goal here, as the other character they request does not have the mission active.

I am not familiar with TheEndgame channel, but after joining another channel allegedly existing for the partial purpose of forming teams for Endgame missions, the truth of the matter they only wanted to do Cosmics and ignored all other kinds of help requests.
    That's why I have to be strict now, if I join any channel for Endgame activity, it has to be ones for missions only and not permitting Cosmic callouts at all.
    ls975 wrote: »
    I'd be up for helping with TA, but I'm not a real tank, and my gear is garbage right now.

You can't be worse then my tank lol, their build became non viable when the Cosmic Boss update was released.
    And they have minimum equipment in the terms of good/endgame gear.

And now I'm wondering if there's a meaning for the word potato in this game that I am unaware of.
    There's a player who always goes around with a potato costume, so I wonder if that player is mocking something relating to whatever the meaning is here.

Everytime someone makes a character that is an copy of an existing superhuman, Creativity is sad :'(
    tilarta wrote: »
    That's why I have to be strict now, if I join any channel for Endgame activity, it has to be ones for missions only and not permitting Cosmic callouts at all.

Well there is a channel for TA only, but it's private. TheEndGame is honestly your best chance. That's where I recruit for TA m'self. And Nemcon and other things. It's a general endgame channel. That other channel you described sounds dumb o3o
  • hemslordhemslord Posts: 164 Arc User
    I'm always tempted to join TA teams but my main characters are currently a DPS who has energy issues without an aura (and is long overdue a retcon) and a tank which despite plenty of hours playing with I'm still uncertain of for some reason. I'm fairly certain I've stripped any other dormant 40's of gear over time so these are my only viable characters at the moment!

The one and only time I joined a TA team, we made it as far as the mission entrance before there was a squabble and everyone went their separate ways leaving me all by my lonesome :'( .

In other words, if you'll take an unconfident tank or an energy hungry DPS I'm in ;) .
  • warcanchwarcanch Posts: 1,076 Arc User
    I've been with many very helpful players in TA (and other content). And a few who were less helpful. TheEndGame channel is a good place to start. Always look for callouts and if you want to join in on one, be sure to let them know your status: new, starting gear, vet, char you want to play, etc. Most are very accommodating.​​

-=-=-=-=-=-(CO in-game handle: @WarCan )-=-=-=-=-=-
    "Okay, you're DEAD, what do you do NEXT?"
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    In general, the first time you run TA it's best to do it as a dps, because your mistakes (and you'll make some) impact the team less, and it lets you get a feel of what it is. Once you're familiar, though, it's a good way to learn tanking with less stress than a cosmic, and healing where you can actually know your performance matters.
  • hemslordhemslord Posts: 164 Arc User
    Here's a quick guide for the boss fights, might be worth a read assuming it is all still relevant: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=188239949
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    I first started learning tanking with alerts. I still remember the first time I realized that if I didn't tank the enemy things the mission would fail. :) Then I started tanking event bosses and later Cosmics. I've helped with a TA run, but never actually finished it.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
    To be direct, if anyone asks me to play as DPS, my only response will be, find someone else, I'm not going to play that role.
    Because my DPS is so undurable, just one hit and they're out, blocking or not.
    I got bored/frustrated with spending all gameplay either defeated or respawning.

The next most common request is to play as healer.
    I find this one ironic, because everyone wants it, but nobody wants to do it!
    Common principle in every mmo I've played.

tilarta wrote: »
    To be direct, if anyone asks me to play as DPS, my only response will be, find someone else, I'm not going to play that role.
    Because my DPS is so undurable, just one hit and they're out, blocking or not.
    I got bored/frustrated with spending all gameplay either defeated or respawning.

Well see the thing is lots of us bring very squishy DPSers in there, but we don't get blown up because we know the fights, we know how to avoid things, and we know what we have to block. The hope is that you join a group that will teach you these things since that's how most people learn.

The problem with joining as a healer is that having a healer who is new to the instance makes it much harder. It's about the last role I would recommend someone join as when new. Best is dps, 2nd best is offtank, then main tank, then worst is healer. Being a healer is just like being a dps, except that while you're trying to learn how to not get splattered in the fights, you also have to worry about healing/rezzing other people.

At the very least, make sure your healer has a self-rez. Maybe even 2.
    edited May 2018
    I read the guide, as much as I was able to, it was a bit of information overload, so I may not have taken it all in yet.

But I'm a person who learns by doing, not by reading guides or watching videos.
    I need the personal perspective to get better at it.

I have met Teliosaurus a few times as a Cosmic on Monster Island, so if the telegraphs are the same, that might make me prepared to deal with that particular boss.

If I had to make a guess, I guess the role I'd be most suited for is off-tank, depending on how hard the enemies hit and if it's enough to overwhelm my HP/damage resistance.
    I've got two powers that can disrupt groups if they're susceptible to holds or knockbacks.
    The hold power doesn't last very long and does consume all my energy.
    The knockback power generates a sphere that throws enemies away, but it does have a short cooldown, so can't be used all the time.

I also put in what I term healer support powers, one to self revive and another to revive the team.
    Self Revive has a 5minute cooldown, but the team revival can be used at any time as long as I'm uninterrupted for about 2 seconds.

As a general principle, I will never let anyone know I have a healer, I pretend I do not.
    Because when it became known, the players insisted that I only bring my healer and was never allowed to play the characters I wanted to.

• jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,429 Arc User
    With so many restrictions and caveats maybe just drop the mission and forget about TA?
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • carrionbaggagecarrionbaggage Posts: 721 Community Moderator
    We TA'd.

There were clones. There were bosses. There was science.

It was glorious.
    Thanks for the run carrionbaggage.
    It was fun and a good introduction to the mission.

Finally completed that mission, but found it incredibly hilarious how little GCR resulted from doing so, the glorious sum of 5!

After all this you did it just fine and it was a fast run. I don't think anyone even died. Much to do about nothing u3u