test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Please give us Settings option for /show weapon.

diggotdiggot Posts: 309 Arc User

This has been requested since as far back as i can remember playing the game,
i don't understand why it hasn't been implemented yet.
Whenever i talk to someone and i mention this, everyone wants it as well.. a simple checkbox - always show weapon.

Now.. i can see how this could be causing some conflicts if you have a build that uses both melee and firearms,
but that can EASILY be solved by a double checkbox, and you can only have one active..

[X] Always show Firearms.
[ ] Always show Melee Weapon.

Can't have both boxes checked at the same time . Please make this happen.

Comments

• spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    diggot wrote: »
    i don't understand why it hasn't been implemented yet.

Because it can't be implemented.

Also, question. If I check the "Always show Firearms" box and I have pistol powers, assault rifle, shotgun and flamethrower all with different weapon models, do I just end up with a mess in my hands?

What might be possible is an aura that puts a weapon in your hand, which would work similarly to the foam hand aura. However, it would only be able to put one particular weapon model in your hand, which means there would need to be auras for every weapon model, and also that weapon model wouldn't go away when you're doing attacks that don't use that model so if you have the assault rifle aura on and you use sword attacks you're going to look super cool twirling your assault rifle sword around. Sure that particular problem could be solved by having the model disappear in combat the way the foam hand aura does, but then you don't have your weapons in combat and everyone is like "What a weirdo, holds his weapons all the time when nothing is happening but puts them away some time in combat".

Just the "there would need to be an aura for each weapon" kills that idea of course.
  • diggotdiggot Posts: 309 Arc User
    spinnytop wrote: »
    Also, question. If I check the "Always show Firearms" box and I have pistol powers, assault rifle, shotgun and flamethrower all with different weapon models, do I just end up with a mess in my hands?

Didn't think about that, would be hilarious to see. But not function in the long run.

What if the option only enabled the weapon tied to your energybuilder ?. That would probably work right.
    No flamethrower, no assaultrifle..

Option checked [x] And your character is in combatstance with basic weapon visible .
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    It would be neat, but it's been discussed before and devs have indicated it's a no go. So, now you understand why it hasn't been implemented yet.
  • diggotdiggot Posts: 309 Arc User
    Well, i would like a better explanation then a no-go tbh.
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    Showing weapons in Tailor wasn't even a feature at the Beginning.
    There's no such feature programmed in The Cryptic Engine. You know the thing to make the game do stuff, since no selfaware learning AIs are available yet. For computer games. :#
    So someone needs to type the code to make magic happen.
    Best (and only) option is the 'PowersCancelAllActivations' bind.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!