test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Weird Graphical Error: Aka "I think I can see the Matrix" 06/05/2018

vorshothvorshoth Posts: 596 Arc User
So after cleaning out the dust from my computer after a series of crashes, I fired up CO.

What I got was... bizarre. Little boxes hovering over all 3d models. On closer inspection, it looks like these little boxes follow the shape of polygons in the landscape and on npcs.

Images below/attached:

Gonna try uninstalling then reinstalling CO, if that doesn't work, going to look into eventually maybe if I have the money changing my graphics card. Anyone else seen anything like this before?
[SIGNATURE REDACTED]

Comments

• Options
    ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    I just see a street and some building...man walking his dog.
  • Options
    bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    Try running some other games. Do other graphical artifacts occur? If that's not the case, it seems less likely the card somehow got damaged while you were cleaning the computer out.

Also what OS is this running on? It should work fine for most, but I've heard that Windows 10 sometimes does weird things. Whatever GPU you've got would be good to know, too.
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

• Options
    vorshothvorshoth Posts: 596 Arc User
    Specs
    Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build7601)
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU
    Memory: 6144 RAM

Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 285

Tested some other games, similar stuff with the original star wars battlefront...

Guess I must have damaged something then. Dang.
    [SIGNATURE REDACTED]
  • Options
    blazer2001blazer2001 Posts: 109 Arc User
    I would check if the graphics card is properly set on it's slot in the motherboard, which could cause problems like those.
    I'm the ruler of the fire power.
  • Options
    revanantmoriturirevanantmorituri Posts: 391 Arc User

I just see a street and some building...man walking his dog.

Blonde, brunette, redhead...
    -
    Formerly @Seschat pre PWEmerger. @Seschat on the Titan boards.

Supporter of the Titan Project.
  • Options
    hasukurobihasukurobi Posts: 405 Arc User
    I uhm... Just have to say... I have never seen that before but it is kind of AWESOME... Still, I get why you do not want it.
  • Options
    colonelwingcolonelwing Posts: 297 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    Your GC is not properly connecting to your MB. I've seen this before. The pins on your card are either dirty or damaged. You can however clean them, with alcohol (i recommend ethanol). In case the MB pins are not connecting to the GC, due to being bend.. you can try to lift them up, until they are in the proper position again. I recommend a plastic toothpick, for doing so. (be careful not to actually break them off, they are fragile).

Best of luck.