test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Best Place To Get Gear?

So, I have to admit, Gear is not my strong-point, I always either get a close pal to get my Primary gear or grab Quest Gear.

Does anyone kown the best way to gain it?
Psi.

Comments

• pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    cryneting wrote: »
    So, I have to admit, Gear is not my strong-point, I always either get a close pal to get my Primary gear or grab Quest Gear.

Does anyone kown the best way to gain it?
    What grade of gear are you looking for? Before level 40, people tend to use leveling gear. At level 40, I would probably buy blue primaries and purple secondaries from the AH, then start doing cosmics and SCR missions.
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    Auction Exchange, Questionite Store and Recognition Vendor.

The OMs in QWZ can drop some lvl 40 mercenary equivalents, and TA bosses can drop purple secondaries. Some lairs drop Mercenary gear... Vikorin I think? And that bronze king one. I'm sure there's more but I always just grab my first set of gear off the Auction Exchange.

The gear that drops is BoE so doing this stuff on already established characters is a great way to get gear for your newer toons. Heroic from Recog Vendor is also BoE if I remember correctly, so that can be swapped as well.
  • circleofpsi#4619 circleofpsi Posts: 2,913 Arc User
    spinnytop wrote: »
    Auction Exchange, Questionite Store and Recognition Vendor.

The OMs in QWZ can drop some lvl 40 mercenary equivalents, and TA bosses can drop purple secondaries. Some lairs drop Mercenary gear... Vikorin I think? And that bronze king one. I'm sure there's more but I always just grab my first set of gear off the Auction Exchange.

The gear that drops is BoE so doing this stuff on already established characters is a great way to get gear for your newer toons. Heroic from Recog Vendor is also BoE if I remember correctly, so that can be swapped as well.

Cheers!
    Psi.
  • aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    I usually grind out SCR and buy Heroic primaries and the purple secondaries, all sold by the recognition vendor. That way, I get stuff with the stats I want instead of random nonsense. In the meantime, buying cheap/mediocre blue (and sometimes green) level 40 gear from the auction house can work.

After all that, the Onslaught and GCR grinds begin.

PS: Don't waste your time with the stuff in the questionite store. It's overpriced garbage for what it offers.​​
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
  • circleofpsi#4619 circleofpsi Posts: 2,913 Arc User
    aesica wrote: »
    I usually grind out SCR and buy Heroic primaries and the purple secondaries, all sold by the recognition vendor. That way, I get stuff with the stats I want instead of random nonsense. In the meantime, buying cheap/mediocre blue (and sometimes green) level 40 gear from the auction house can work.

After all that, the Onslaught and GCR grinds begin.

PS: Don't waste your time with the stuff in the questionite store. It's overpriced garbage for what it offers.​​

Indeed only quest gear I get is the uh Vig gear from there, they are decent enough for me. Always get them as my 2nds (some chrs don't have them tho)

The only exception that I've gone for a full set from the Quest store is the Cybernetic stuff, but thats only to fit thame and stats are ok I guess
    Psi.
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,424 Arc User
    If you are floating in Q then that store is another way to get merc gear.
    aesica wrote: »

JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Posts: 531 Arc User
    what is the best way to approach getting SCR and, more so, GCR? I've hit a point where gear is only doing so much. I can never seem to find a good place online to search for the cosmics where to grind for GSR besides Telios tower.