test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

FC.31.20180427.5 - Nemesis Alert Fixes/Changes

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,092 Cryptic Developer
edited May 2018 in PTS - The Archive
Nemesis Alert
  • Updated Nemesis version of Lightning Reflexes, Shadow Form and Personal Force Field to not provide benefits that scale with their health when their health is being boosted. This should making fighting health boosted versions of them a little less silly.
  • Added Master Villain and Enforcer ranks for thugs nemesis minions.
  • Fixed a bug where the console path could not be completed.
  • Increased the health on the Core Power.
  • Slightly decreased Nemesis health.
  • Increased the respawn time on most of the mobs in the alert.
  • Updated the currency display to show the new Nemesis Recognition.
​​

Comments

• Options
    stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User
    Curious: Is Det. What's-his-name going to be moved to the Nem Console in the Ren Center? Seems like it would be a better place for that contact.​​
    YouTube - Steam - Twitter
    [at]riviania Member since Aug 2009
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    sterga said:

Curious: Is Det. What's-his-name going to be moved to the Nem Console in the Ren Center? Seems like it would be a better place for that contact.​​

Why would that be? His current location works fine.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    Success: Can confirm that the panels victory method works now.

Bug:The big repel explosion still has issues though. Sometimes the VFX of the attack isn't visible but it does fire, sometimes the effect doesn't fire at all after the tell.

Suggestion:Also wow did you nerf the adds. Especially on the last part on the upper platform, it made the consoles method extremely easy since I only had to hold the nem and a group of 5 adds. Might wanna buff that back up ( maybe you nerfed it so hard for testing purposes? ). The adds down below feel a bit limp now as well.

Bug: Also the turret consoles still have the same issue, I couldn't make them deactivate turret shields.
    Post edited by spinnytop on
  • Options
    aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    spinnytop said:

Also the turret consoles still have the same issue, I couldn't make them deactivate turret shields.

Me neither, but it worked for ChaosTitanDrgn every single time.
  • Options
    chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    aiqa said:

spinnytop said:

Also the turret consoles still have the same issue, I couldn't make them deactivate turret shields.

It appears that the laser's shield only gets lowered using the closest console next to it. The shields didn't lower when I was using the console on the other side.
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • Options
    theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    Bug: You cannot apply ARMOR PIERCING debuff to the core when attempting to take it down. Tried using Burst Shot.

Request: Turn Stablization Belt into a TOGGLE which reduces the effect of the Gravity Shift. The current version which is a 1 second self root with a cool down is rubbish and somewhat impractical. Powers which require you to be rooted in one place, will generally auto root (like Sniper Rifle) and are infinitely more useful than the current iteration of that device. May sound a bit harsh, but if you don't have flight...Zero G is generally a massive pain. If I'm going to use a device slot...it should be worth it, since a good portion of the content is in Zero G.

Bug: Corrosive Energy debuff completely removes, and disables forms of Player Containment Fields such as: Field Surge, Personal Force Field, Protection Field, Mindful Reinforcement, Hardened Particle Matrix, Bastion and Energy Refraction.

If this is intended...it's pretty dumb and needs to be removed. Or it can remain and PFF players (as few as we are) will just not help deactivate shields on the turrets. :angry:
    Post edited by theravenforce on
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    The anti shields stuff around the consoles is a bit silly. You have shields exactly for these types of things, having them then intentionally disabled is not good in my opinion. Also they completely disable PFF.

When everyone teleports up to the second floor, the last person teleports right into the knock back.

With some lower dps groups the mobs can still be quite difficult. We had a super strength minions that were chewing through everyone's health very fast with their rock throw spam.

I don't think it's a good idea to make an object into a "bossfight", to many powers don't interact well with objects.
  • Options
    edited May 2018

aiqa said:

spinnytop said:

It appears that the laser's shield only gets lowered using the closest console next to it. The shields didn't lower when I was using the console on the other side.
    That's not it, when I am tried using a console next to a shielded turret with my dps character it didn't work at all. But on a later run on my healer it did work.
  • Options
    aiqa said:

The anti shields stuff around the consoles is a bit silly. You have shields exactly for these types of things, having them then intentionally disabled is not good in my opinion. Also they completely disable PFF.

On the other hand, I was able to activate a console while tanking NPCs thanks to Unbreakable. That might be an issue to look into, otherwise we'll have teams of people with Unbreakable ezmoding that method.
  • Options
    riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    Will there also be an "Alert Bonus Event" to go along with the launching of the new alert?
    Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!
  • Options
    aiqa said:

aiqa said:

spinnytop said:

That's not it, when I am tried using a console next to a shielded turret with my dps character it didn't work at all. But on a later run on my healer it did work.
    Does this mean only supports can deactivate the console?
    mfZ37eB.png
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User

Last guess was it had to do with position in party.
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    spinnytop said:

aiqa said:

On the other hand, I was able to activate a console while tanking NPCs thanks to Unbreakable. That might be an issue to look into, otherwise we'll have teams of people with Unbreakable ezmoding that method.
    I think you are mistaken on the "intended" difficulty for this content. It's supposed to be added to the normal custom alert rotation, so it's not real endgame stuff. With the exception of an optional ending, compared to cosmics or even TA it the whole thing should be easymode.

aiqa said:

aiqa said:

spinnytop said:

I've seen other dps character have no problems with them.

Last guess was it had to do with position in party.
    I've run it as party leader/creator and when other people created and were leading, but on my dps character I've never had them work well.
  • Options
    aiqa said:

I think you are mistaken on the "intended" difficulty for this content. It's supposed to be added to the normal custom alert rotation, so it's not real endgame stuff. With the exception of an optional ending, compared to cosmics or even TA it the whole thing should be easymode.

This makes one method significantly faster and easier than the other two. If they have anti-shields stuff around the consoles then I don't think I'm mistaken in thinking they don't want players getting around that with Unbreakable. Even without being able to cheese the consoles with Unbreakable the alert will be still be of the expected Custom alert difficulty, and I feel it would be better if players did the console method using tactics and team play rather than just grabbing Unbreakable.
  • Options
    baelogventurebaelogventure Posts: 520 Arc User
    I honestly wouldn't worry about it. They're going to make a few changes anyway after about a week on live after the general population get their hands on it.
  • Options
    kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,092 Cryptic Developer
    Some things:
    The shield removal on the lower terminals is intentional (a little debuff pops up on you stating all shields are removed). Unbreakable bypassing it is not intended.
    Shields, turrets and the core power are not destructible objects. However it seems the shields have a flag on them that's making power interactions think they are objects, this isn't intended.​​
  • Options
    theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    kaizerin wrote: »
    Some things:
    The shield removal on the lower terminals is intentional (a little debuff pops up on you stating all shields are removed). Unbreakable bypassing it is not intended..​​

Well I guess that all Containment Field effects (bar Containment Field power) and all Damage Shields are intended to be removed by this debuff.

That settles that. :anguished:

• Options
    draogndraogn Posts: 1,269 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    So those running with the PFF passive will find themselves even more gimped. That seems like a bad design decision.

This will do nothing to 'improve' players especially when pugging is concerned, this kind of design will simply frustrate players.
  • Options
    Really wonder why anyone sould take shields or Unbreakable if they're gonna be redundant in most content in this game anyway. The only good thing shields are good for is rezzing dead people w/o being interrupted.

Well, it's only a minor thing so it probably doesn't matter.
    mfZ37eB.png
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • Options
    jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,431 Arc User
    I have complete faith that the devs have making all shield powers relevant at endgame as one of their top priorities ;)
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • Options
    jellycupsowbugjellycupsowbug Posts: 358 Arc User
    If the "interrupt" effect on Power Gauntlet affects the "interact" action through shields, maybe adding mobs with that effect on their attacks would be preferable to negating an entire class of powers.

Isn't the shield negation pointless anyway? It seems like using a shield would be only marginally easier than just avoiding aggro while operating the consoles, as it is in every other similar situation.
  • Options
    deadman20deadman20 Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    Bug?: The forced stance change of the Fear debuff appears to have gotten sticky... Even after the debuff has expired, the state of being in fear lingers.
    0d2e4a63cea70b8b8dfbf5b7d5135d46.png

Another note: Something strange has happened on the PTS that I could not recreate or identify the cause of. Movement controls were locked in a direction which changing the camera's rotation did not adjust. This meaning that pressing forward ALWAYS moved me in a specific direction relative to the world regardless of where I faced the camera. - User error, this can be ignored. Pesky controls being changed during transfer messed things up.​​
    Post edited by deadman20 on
    Steam Guide to Modifications and Equipment (Champions Online) - DZPlayer's Builds (Last updated: 3/26/2018)
    And I will always be @DZPlayer122.

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    The whole mechanic of "you have to interact with a shiny thing and hope no NPC taps you" is horrific and should be scrapped. Increase interact time, make it not interrupted by damage, and make the NPCs actually dangerous, maybe have interacting trigger an aggro pulse.
  • Options
    stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User
    Why would that be? His current location works fine.

I don't think there is a pointer to where the Nemesis contact is. There are several police stations in MC. It's seems weird that there is a big-**** Nem Terminal in RenCen but no one there to man it. New players or those unfamiliar with the nemesis system would benefit from a fellow standing right there to tell things about the terminal. Things like "why can't I use this now". Pretty much all of the other contacts that matter are in RenCen. Stuffing the Nemesis Guy at the edge of the map is a good way to make sure no one remembers to care he exists.

The shield removal on the lower terminals is intentional (a little debuff pops up on you stating all shields are removed).

Why not design the encounter in a different fashion instead of taking away potentially interesting tactical options by crapping on unpopular powers?
    The whole mechanic of "you have to interact with a shiny thing and hope no NPC taps you" is horrific and should be scrapped.

Yes, please get rid of this everywhere it shows up in the game. Annoying does not equal challenge or engagement or really anything meaningful in a positive way. You know what would be better and far more interesting? Being able to keep interacting with things while taking damage. Then you have to balance seeing if you can successfully do a thing before your HP goes away. Or pealing a healer away to keep you alive while interacting. See? Teamwork.

Interacting with things is already boring. It's the worst part of the Nightmare invasion especially with the aggravation ramp-up when you get pulled in the middle of it.​​
    YouTube - Steam - Twitter
    [at]riviania Member since Aug 2009
  • Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    The whole mechanic of "you have to interact with a shiny thing and hope no NPC taps you" is horrific and should be scrapped. Increase interact time, make it not interrupted by damage, and make the NPCs actually dangerous, maybe have interacting trigger an aggro pulse.

I agree. Just increase the time to interact or make the mobs a bit more dangerous.

The "no shields" mechanic is pretty lousy for folks who base a hero around using bubbles, and I just hope folks don't play The Impluse with PFF anymore--because this mechanic would just be super unfair.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    A really long uninterruptable interactable doesn't say "less boring" to me, lol
  • Options
    spinnytop wrote: »
    A really long uninterruptable interactable doesn't say "less boring" to me, lol
    It's not less boring. It's less obnoxious. "Can I survive long enough to do X" is different from "Can I avoid random aggro from chaff I can one-shot for long enough to do X".
  • Options
    Try typing on a keyboard while I'm flinging candies at your head tho o3o
  • Options
    spinnytop said:

Try typing on a keyboard while I'm flinging candies at your head tho o3o

I would be momentarily distracted but able to continue from where I stopped, rather than being forced to start again from the beginning. Something like sucking 100 units of thaumic energy from Therakiel at least lets you make progress, though I admit that's a pretty annoying thing to do as well.
  • Options
    Huh, if they could use that sucking thing here then the panel could effectively pause when you get distracted.
  • Options
    revanantmoriturirevanantmorituri Posts: 391 Arc User
    So what would probably be a good compromise is a LOTRO style "you can keep interacting while taking damage, but we'll add to the timer" approach?
    -
    Formerly @Seschat pre PWEmerger. @Seschat on the Titan boards.

Supporter of the Titan Project.
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    So what would probably be a good compromise is a LOTRO style "you can keep interacting while taking damage, but we'll add to the timer" approach?

Having never seen something like this implemented in game I would venture to guess it can't be done. Progress bars seem like a hard coded kind of thing. On the other hand, having the keyboard stack a stack of debuff on the target every X seconds it is maintained and having the desired effect happen at Y stacks might be possible? Might also be something interactables can't do, and either way I'm sure they don't want to go back and rekajigger the consoles after they just got them working.
  • Options
    spinnytop wrote: »
    Having never seen something like this implemented in game I would venture to guess it can't be done.
    Depends on what the original proposal means. Non-interruptible progress bars certainly exist, but that just means it takes a long time no matter what's happening.
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    Depends on what the original proposal means.
    v
    "you can keep interacting while taking damage, but we'll add to the timer"

It means "when you take damage, the progress bar loses some of its accumulated progress". Never seen that in CO.
This discussion has been closed.