test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Fix the Cosmic Teliosaurus for godsake !.

diggotdiggot Posts: 309 Arc User

1)
The invislible debuffs that stays on you after the "dino roar" has faded, and causes you to
get *HELD* for an unsertain amount of time.. and ususally killed by another AoE.
According to many people, this is a glitch that needs sorting out.
A debuff should be VISIBLE until expired.. not linger on behind the scenes.

2)
Tanking the Dino is the hardest cosmic tanking. 1 bite will kill any tank that isn't blocking, and
the dino bites about once every 2 seconds which gives tanks little time to build up any kind of damage
to count on the scoretable. If tanks wants to make sure they beat 100k, they better pray for a long fight
because if everything goes smooth, the tank will not have done enough damage to get rewards.

The dino's damage soaked by tanks needs to apply to tank's scores, because THAT is the way tanks contribute to the fight.. by tanking the damage other classes can't. So why shouldn't tanks get contribution for that?.

It shouldn't matter if the Dino-fight is over in RECORD TIME, the tank should get enough score to collect reward.

And consider that Telisaurus is, according to players, a multitank cosmic.
The only cosmic that needs soaks, so that leaves more tanks that requires more heals.. and bigger risk
of tanks dying, hence no damage done for a few seconds.. Damage taken, not done.

Comments

• pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    diggot wrote: »
    1)
    The invislible debuffs that stays on you after the "dino roar" has faded, and causes you to
    get *HELD* for an unsertain amount of time.. and ususally killed by another AoE.
    According to many people, this is a glitch that needs sorting out.
    It's known behavior (see my sig), and has a visible tell.
    2)
    Tanking the Dino is the hardest cosmic tanking. 1 bite will kill any tank that isn't blocking, and
    the dino bites about once every 2 seconds which gives tanks little time to build up any kind of damage
    to count on the scoretable. If tanks wants to make sure they beat 100k, they better pray for a long fight
    because if everything goes smooth, the tank will not have done enough damage to get rewards.
    It's not at all hard to get 100k while tanking mama. It's somewhat rough getting credit while tanking baby, but I've never had an issue or come close on mama.
    The dino's damage soaked by tanks needs to apply to tank's scores
    It does.
  • diggotdiggot Posts: 309 Arc User
    I just tanked momy and barely reach 67k score once the fight was over,
    and other people who has tanked the dino mention the same thing - If the fight ends too fast, tanks risks not getting enough score to get the rewards.

This is a pretty big issue, and like i said.. It shouldn't matter if you kill the dino recordfast,
    every tank should get enough score for the 100k limit.

I tanked it from start to finish, never died, and used HM between every bite as well as DPS-check.
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    Well then don't let it end too fast. Point dino breath at dps :3c
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,431 Arc User
    The solution is obvious. Ask the baby tank to screw up so that everything has to be reset. Keeps those lazy dps types on their toes as well ;)

I'm definitely a 2nd tier tanker when I do it (i.e. can MT ape, but not yet dino). One time I did something epic as BT to save the day, didn't make the cut, and another player gave me a cosmic fang out of the goodness of his heart. Every time I tank I like to think I am repaying that kindness a little bit, even if I don't make the cut (only happens for me with baby, and then only on epically fast runs, and less than a handful of times).
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • diggotdiggot Posts: 309 Arc User

Doesn't matter what, who, when, where. Tanking Dino from start to finish should yield enough
    score to get the rewards, unless you spent the majority of the fight face down or respawning.
    If i'm at Dino as dps from the start, there's NO WAY i'm not getting a reward...
    unless im dead 95% of the fight. So why should tanking be any different ?.

I'm sorry but i don't see any excuse for this.

Also. I've checked repeatedly for any debuffs on my character after blocking dino's roar,
    and depite only having buffs on my hero, i've been held. Either show the *HOLD* debuff
    for its duration or make the hidden debuff vanish with *roar* debuff.
    you forgot how and why. where and what are pretty fixed in this scenario.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    As someone who's been MT, ST, or BT at dino several times... some of them unintentional... I know how you feel about not always getting credit. But I do have to wonder what your build is since I usually don't have issues getting credit.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
    edited May 2018
    I think people need to smack things more o3o and smack them well.
  • ph0toncann0nph0toncann0n Posts: 113 Community Moderator
    edited May 2018
    I won't repeat anything these guys have said, but I will highly suggest investing in a Neuroelectric Pulse Generator and a Primus Spark Shield, minimally. They go a very long way, as does a solid, well-made tanking build (not talking about gear, but the build itself). Gear is important too but you don't need top-end gear to get the 100k credit mark--Heck, my Electric DPS has a few Heirloom pieces and Qliphothic primaries and she still passes checks and breaks 100k easily. (Yeah yeah I know, that's DPS, not a tank. But it shows the gear isn't as much of a big deal here.)

There's nothing wrong with the Teleiosaurus fight. You'll never see credit issues again if you can at least get the devices I mentioned and rank your attacks accordingly.
    || Champion since Sept. of 2012 ||
    uD82dqy.png
    Endgame PvE - DPS Addict - Mature Roleplayer - Spectre - Storywriter - Perk Hunter - Altoholic - D.I.S.C.O.R.D.
    Engel auf der Hölle | Death Excell | Ebon Carcass | Orb Weaver Von Deo | Peridot
  • roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    If you are held after the dino roar, it means you didn't block soon enough.
    If you block just before the roar, you can ease blocking right after the roar animation starts.
    Qwijy's sonic cone works about the same way: block just before the CC attack, and you can release once the animation of the attack begins to play out.

It really works, and provides an opportunity for a fully-charged haymaker or similar big attack.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
    edited May 2018
    Earlier while soak-tanking I swapped into Hybrid role with my other offensive primary with crit mods instead of threat mods and went nuts attacking between blocks. My score was quite high ( for tanking ) and I'm sure this could help soak tanks ensure they get enough.
    One thing I've noticed lately (since I've been tanking more) is that on some ape and dino attacks the damage seems to stop before the animation does. When I have my timing down, and am doing well at recognizing the attack patterns, I can often sneak in a fully charged Demolish, and even a Haymaker, in the time between when one animation ends and the next attack begins.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    spinnytop said:

I think people need to smack things more o3o and smack them well.

Yeah, 100k score can be as simple as doing 5k damage 20 times.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
    The way tanking is scored is problematic, but in a fight that lasts for 200s, which is about as short as a dino gets, you need to get a combination of 500 between dps, self-healing, and received damage from bite.

Damage done to tanks will generally be 100-150k, split between tanks, so if there's a three way split you should get 30-50k from damage taken, meaning you need to do 50-70k damage. That requires 250-350 dps. That is, frankly, not a hard target. It's mostly a problem for a baby tank because the baby tank has no plausible reason to dps the baby except score padding.
    Yes, since BTing more I've taken to pushing attacks even when I have solid aggro, just to be sure I get the needed points. Mostly seems to work, but then I can't toggle on a block and go have a shower. Gotta stay and fight (which seems more heroic to me than just standing and taking a pounding)!
    JwLmWoa.png
    Is dino one where you can score pad by beating up random mooks?
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters

Is dino one where you can score pad by beating up random mooks?

Not that I know of. OM scoring only gives credit for certain targets, though some are quite generous in their definitions.
    It's mostly a problem for a baby tank because the baby tank has no plausible reason to dps the baby except score padding.

Perhaps this is intended. Instead of just standing there taking it easy babby tanker needs to take at least some risk at the start of the encounter in case everything goes really well ( then when the failed checks and wipes start rolling in they can take it easy ). Wish TA offtanking had something like that attached to it.