test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Avengers Infinity Wars

jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,431 Arc User
Just got back. Everything I was hoping for, and more.
JwLmWoa.png
Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!

Comments

• Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    Haven't seen it yet.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    Just saw it today. A lot happned that didn't agree with me. But still can't wait for part 2!
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • Options
    nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    Back from watching it. Bloody good movie. Gets a 8 out of 10 rums will go see again. Basically a Thor and Iron and some other guys fight a massive purple chin the movie so no complaints there I like Thor and Iron Man. Nice comic bookish battle scenes and good use of Banner for a change. That is the good stuff.

Now the stuff that was iffy. Was way too long though so take caffeine. Too many characters that didn't need to be there. Only really three actual seemingly non reversible deaths in this movie one was overdue ,one actually shocked me one COULD actully be fixed. All the other so called "shocking stuff" in this movie is basically yeah that will be reversed tens minuets into the next Avengers Movie.

Still vastly superior than Age of Ultron.
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    First 10 minutes of infinity wars 2: Adam Warlock appears and rezzes everyone "HEROES NEVER DIE!"
  • Options
    Nepht. Did you get to the after credits scene? A huge cheer went up in the theater I was in when people say the logo.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
  • Options
    jennymachxjennymachx Posts: 3,000 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    Just came back from the theater. I certainly did go "Woo!" when I saw the logo during the post credits teaser.

The movie definitely felt like it had a lot going on, one might argue too much going on, especially by fitting in all the characters from all the previous movies and having everyone of them have something significant to do (mostly). The pacing can feel pretty inconsistent, though considering the nature of the story it's something that couldn't be helped, and I think the Russo brothers pulled it off pretty well.

Anyone who's read the Infinity War comic series can pretty much know what needs to be done and most certainly is going to be done in the 2nd movie since it involves...
    ...the gauntlet getting yanked off Thanos' arm and reversing everything that happened.
    spinnytop said:

So how was Adam Warlock?

He's not in the movie, won't be in the next one either.

https://www.slashfilm.com/avengers-infinity-war-adam-warlock-cut/
  • Options
    *SPOILER WARNING* (quite obvious if you're reading this thread)

I still cannot believe they "erased" a lot of their well-liked characters. Spiderman's scene after the finger snap was so emotional. For me anyway. I hope Dr. Strange knew what he was doing.

I'm still skeptical with a lot of the deaths though. Marvel will probably do a universal reset to bring them back.
    mfZ37eB.png
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • Options
    spordeliaspordelia Posts: 460 Arc User
    *SPOILER WARNING*
    Captain America is hot.
  • Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    We've already seen what the time stone can do, and Doctor Strange suggested that everything's okay.

I'd guess, especially given how things shook out in the comics, that once someone else gets the gauntlet, things will be rewound to just before the finger snap. That means some of the deaths would be permanent, but everyone else comes back.

I didn't get emotional at the "finger snap deaths", since I knew they were coming back because of future movies, etc. Spider-Man, Black Panther, the Guardians, etc., are all coming back, so their deaths were just shrugs for me. I'll also guess that Gamora will come back, because she is seemingly inside the Soul Stone as her childhood self or something.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    Eh, these are comic books. No one ever need die permanently. I'm more curious if the two Avengers left out will return in the next installment? We already know there will be one new character.
    JwLmWoa.png
  • Options
    theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    spordelia said:

*SPOILER WARNING*

Captain America is hot.
    This is a well known fact and not a spoiler. I'm not too sure about his beard in this movie but...urgh... :heart:
  • Options

spordelia said:

*SPOILER WARNING*

Captain America is hot.
    This is a well known fact and not a spoiler. I'm not too sure about his beard in this movie but...urgh... :heart:
    Don't diss the beard! Cap worked hard on it to impress Thor.
    mfZ37eB.png
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • Options
    lezard21lezard21 Posts: 1,510 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    I think spoiler tags are pointless in a topic titled "AVENGERS THE INFINITY WAR". Like what do you expect the topic to talk about? DC? You should enter at your own risk :P

Anywho, just watched it last night. The part I most enjoyed is the same as with the first Avenger movie and Civil Wars, that is, characters who have not met before interacting with each other, specially how they paired up Thor with Rocket and Groot, a very odd pairing that yet was very entertaining. I audibly groaned in the theater when Peter Dinklage showed up. Yes he is a good actor but he is not the best actor ever (and in fact kind of a one note one IMO) so he doesn't need to be in every blockbuster movie since Game of Thrones. Where it not for the fact that we already know Jennifer Hale Brie Larson is playing Captain Marvel I would totally go into the next movie expecting Jennifer Lawrence. MAKE.IT.STOP.

The weakest part in the movie (which doesn't mean it was bad, it was still pretty good) was everything going on in Earth cause every character there already knew each other so nothing much interesting came out of that. Fortunately the directors apparently realised this and never lingered in Earth all that much and switched back to Thor & Co. and Ironman-Dr.Strange-Guardians...

With the latter being the best part of the movie imo. The fight between IronMan/Dr.Strange/Starlord and Co. vs Thanos is the best fight the MCU has given us yet. And I am grateful that the trailers didn't spoil it at all and centered more around the Wakanda fight which by this point is a staple in every Good vs Bad blockbuster movie to have both armies dramatically charge against each other in an open field (some putting less effort than others). But the fight against Thanos in Titan was top notch and really showed Dr.Strange's full potential which it's introductory movie kinda failed to do.

And speaking of Thanos I was really worried he might end being Generic Big Bad like Apocalypse because Heroes are Good and Villains are Bad, but they actually managed to give him some depth and nuance to his actions that made him one of the more interesting villains from the MCU.

And yeah, the movie wasn't very subtle with the whole "everyone will revive next movie" thing cause Dr. Strange basically spelled it out twice and the audience will have a year to ponder and rewatch the movie so that even the slowest watcher might catch the drift. Personally I would have ended the movie with Thanos tearing the Mind Gem out of Vision's head and everyone getting ready to try a last stand against him knowing they are pretty much fucked, and have Thanos leveling the universe be act 1 of the next movie so that the scaling action wouldn't leave you much time to process things. There are 2 deaths in particular that I will feel kinda cheated out if they revert them though, but guess we'll have to wait.

Also, a very small part of me still had hope that 20th Century Fox had grown a brain and sorted things out, and at the end when the camera zoomed in on Fury's message it would show the X-Men logo, but oh well, still hyped about Captain Marvel \o/

Overall 10/10 movie and I'm probably gonna go watch it again.
    Post edited by lezard21 on
  • Options
    beezeezebeezeeze Posts: 927 Arc User
    lezard21 said:

I think spoiler tags are pointless in a topic titled "AVENGERS THE INFINITY WAR". Like what do you expect the topic to talk about? DC? You should enter at your own risk :P

Anywho, just watched it last night. The part I most enjoyed is the same as with the first Avenger movie and Civil Wars, that is, characters who have not met before interacting with each other, specially how they paired up Thor with Rocket and Groot, a very odd pairing that yet was very entertaining. I audibly groaned in the theater when Peter Dinklage showed up. Yes he is a good actor but he is not the best actor ever (and in fact kind of a one note one IMO) so he doesn't need to be in every blockbuster movie since Game of Thrones. Where it not for the fact that we already know Jennifer Hale is playing Captain Marvel I would totally go into the next movie expecting Jennifer Lawrence. MAKE.IT.STOP.

The weakest part in the movie (which doesn't mean it was bad, it was still pretty good) was everything going on in Earth cause every character there already knew each other so nothing much interesting came out of that. Fortunately the directors apparently realised this and never lingered in Earth all that much and switched back to Thor & Co. and Ironman-Dr.Strange-Guardians...

With the latter being the best part of the movie imo. The fight between IronMan/Dr.Strange/Starlord and Co. vs Thanos is the best fight the MCU has given us yet. And I am grateful that the trailers didn't spoil it at all and centered more around the Wakanda fight which by this point is a staple in every Good vs Bad blockbuster movie to have both armies dramatically charge against each other in an open field (some putting less effort than others). But the fight against Thanos in Titan was top notch and really showed Dr.Strange's full potential which it's introductory movie kinda failed to do.

And speaking of Thanos I was really worried he might end being Generic Big Bad like Apocalypse because Heroes are Good and Villains are Bad, but they actually managed to give him some depth and nuance to his actions that made him one of the more interesting villains from the MCU.

And yeah, the movie wasn't very subtle with the whole "everyone will revive next movie" thing cause Dr. Strange basically spelled it out twice and the audience will have a year to ponder and rewatch the movie so that even the slowest watcher might catch the drift. Personally I would have ended the movie with Thanos tearing the Mind Gem out of Vision's head and everyone getting ready to try a last stand against him knowing they are pretty much fucked, and have Thanos leveling the universe be act 1 of the next movie so that the scaling action wouldn't leave you much time to process things. There are 2 deaths in particular that I will feel kinda cheated out if they revert them though, but guess we'll have to wait.

Also, a very small part of me still had hope that 20th Century Fox had grown a brain and sorted things out, and at the end when the camera zoomed in on Fury's message it would show the X-Men logo, but oh well, still hyped about Captain Marvel \o/

Overall 10/10 movie and I'm probably gonna go watch it again.

Please don't spoil it! that said I only like read the first 3 sentences from any of yers reply... ima see it this coming weekend. I came here to judge the positive yays vs negative nays. dis info tells me I should see the movie for myself :o

• Options
    Jennifer Hale is playing Captain Marvel? I thought it was Brie Larson.
    mfZ37eB.png
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • Options
    edited May 2018

**** google lied to me wtf Damn you spanish Google

• Options
    lezard21 said:

Likely everyone killed by the Infinity Gauntlet will be brought back, with the other deaths being permanent. That's basically how it went in the comics (when Nebula gets the gauntlet).

That being said, they could rebuild the Vision without the Mind Stone, Gamorra could return from the Soul Stone. That leaves the others perma-dead.

One can hope.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    spordeliaspordelia Posts: 460 Arc User
    edited May 2018

Don't diss the beard! Cap worked hard on it to impress Thor.

Beard Cap = Best Cap! :love:

Thor who?
  • Options
    lezard21 said:

**** google lied to me wtf Damn you spanish Google

I think Google meant that Captain Marvel in the animated series was voiced by Jennifer Hale.

Brie Larson will be portraying her in the Captain Marvel movie and Infinty War II.
    mfZ37eB.png
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • Options
    xrazamaxxrazamax Posts: 979 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    I've seen people say,
    "Oh but I don't really care about X dying because you know they aren't really dead because Spider-man has future movies so obviously they will be back." But I think that misses the point. If I was a 9 year old kid and I just watched spider-man get turned to ash, I would probably be traumatized. The deaths were just so somber and you had a feeling of helplessness that the heroes did. I think that was the best thing they did in the movie. In most movies the audience kinda gets a hint of "Where do you go from here? What is the next step?" They get the idea and know it will be okay "in the end".

They didn't do that in this movie. They didn't make Avengers IW part 1. They made Thanos the Movie. It had a beginning, middle, and end. Thanos wins, the end. There will be a sequel sure, but this story stands on its own and it wrapped up within its own movie. We end with the heroes accepting that they lost and don't know what to do, and Thanos relaxing on a planet while watching the sunset, just like he wanted.

I think that is why they aren't calling the next movie Infinity Wars Part 2 anymore. They were like, "here is a movie where Thanos wins. The End. Doesn't that suck?" and now the next movie will have its stakes raised because of it, not just be the other half of a large single movie.
  • Options
    kamokamikamokami Posts: 1,633 Arc User
    Did anybody catch how the gauntlet and the stones looked after the finger snap but right before he teleported? They both seemed destroyed....but I can't find anything online regarding this.
  • Options
    blueionstormzblueionstormz Posts: 289 Arc User
    kamokami said:

Did anybody catch how the gauntlet and the stones looked after the finger snap but right before he teleported? They both seemed destroyed....but I can't find anything online regarding this.

Yes, I caught that. The gauntlet looks charred and damaged, if not destroyed. The stones looked fine to me though. The previous movies have established that the stones could not be held onto physically for long, even Ronan has to attach it to his Hammer. All the stones were housed in a vessel such as the Tesserac, the Aether or the movie "Eye of Agamotto" amulet. So if the gauntlet was destroyed, it would mean that Thanos could no longer use the power of all the stones together in Avengers 4.

Here are a couple of articles that talked about it: Express and IGN.

We also saw on the Dwarves' forge that the mold for the gauntlet was still intact. What that means is anybody's guess. Will the heroes forge their own gauntlet and assemble the stones for themselves?

"Reason can get you to probability, but only commitment can get you to certainty." - Timothy Keller
    Archived CO Wiki site
  • Options
    My only fear with Thanos having his glove charred and the personality change they gave him in the movie in contrast with the comics is a surprise villain appearing as the true Man Behind the Man Behind the Man in Avengers 4.
  • Options
    kamokamikamokami Posts: 1,633 Arc User

So if the gauntlet was destroyed, it would mean that Thanos could no longer use the power of all the stones together in Avengers 4.

I did read those articles, but the thing that bothers me is that the gauntlet looks destroyed after The Snap but before he teleports away to safety. So he was still able to use them...
  • Options
    kamokami said:

So if the gauntlet was destroyed, it would mean that Thanos could no longer use the power of all the stones together in Avengers 4.

I did read those articles, but the thing that bothers me is that the gauntlet looks destroyed after The Snap but before he teleports away to safety. So he was still able to use them...
    Good point, I see what you mean. It looks like he used the space gem to teleport out. It is using just one gem though. My guess is the gems could still be used individually, but to use them collectively at the same time as he did so in eliminating half the population, he would need a whole glove. Conversely, to restore everything back to status quo would also need a whole gauntlet. Of course, this is all conjecture, we will have to wait for the next movie to find out.
    "Reason can get you to probability, but only commitment can get you to certainty." - Timothy Keller
    Archived CO Wiki site
  • Options
    Isn't there another gauntlet? Odin had one, right? And then Thanos had a second one made before killing most of the dwarves.

• Options

Isn't there another gauntlet? Odin had one, right? And then Thanos had a second one made before killing most of the dwarves.

If I remember correctly, back in Ragnarok, Hela called the gauntlet in Odin's trophy room a fake before toppling it over.
    Archived CO Wiki site
  • Options
    Ah, right--they sort of "retconned" a plot hole to remove it.
    Fair enough.

• Options
    For the next installment I hope they bring back Cap's shield, Hawkeye (an original avenger in MCU!) and Antman. They are going to need all hands on board, family house arrest or not.
    JwLmWoa.png
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    Thanos is actually just a big prune being controlled by Man-Thing.
  • Options
    themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    spinnytop said:

Thanos is actually just a big prune being controlled by Man-Thing.

I have a Giant sized Man thing

It looks like this......
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    This is how i feel now, when playing with Heavy Weapons charater.

CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    Except HW doesn't have any innate synergy with Electricity :(
    JwLmWoa.png
  • Options
    ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    Saw it today....how I went a week with no spoilers, I am amazed.

But Wow....did I have to pee! Like I had to pee so bad at the end I couldn’t even pee. I was that guy who was peeing and like 4 groups came into restroom and I’m still peeing.

I feel so much better now.
  • Options
    nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User

Saw it today....how I went a week with no spoilers, I am amazed.

But Wow....did I have to pee! Like I had to pee so bad at the end I couldn’t even pee. I was that guy who was peeing and like 4 groups came into restroom and I’m still peeing.

I feel so much better now.

Thats the problem with Super Hero movies these days. Too bloody long :/

nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • Options
    I saw it yesterday and am also pretty impressed I lasted a whole week without seeing any spoilers!

I loved the movie and only have one minor grip that seems to have not been addressed here.
    So Pete's plan was to suck the badguy out into outerspace? That seems a bit dark for a guy like Spider-Man.

• Options
    beezeeze said:

I saw it yesterday and am also pretty impressed I lasted a whole week without seeing any spoilers!

I loved the movie and only have one minor grip that seems to have not been addressed here.

So Pete's plan was to suck the badguy out into outerspace? That seems a bit dark for a guy like Spider-Man.

Blame the Aliens movie. There was one scene there where the *SPOILER*
    alien got suck into outspace. But not like the way Ebon Maw was sucked out. It was a small hole and the alien was sucked/crushed by the vacuum of space from the chest. It was gruesome.
    mfZ37eB.png
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • Options

beezeeze said:

Blame the Aliens movie. There was one scene there where the *SPOILER*
    alien got suck into outspace. But not like the way Ebon Maw was sucked out. It was a small hole and the alien was sucked/crushed by the vacuum of space from the chest. It was gruesome.
    I know how aliens plays out and it was actually iron man who did the deed... but it was spideys idea to kill that dude x.x

• Options
    I don’t think death is what he had in mind..

It was more..”you are on a space ship...how would you stop this guy? 1-2-3GO!”
  • Options

I don’t think death is what he had in mind..

It was more..”you are on a space ship...how would you stop this guy? 1-2-3GO!”

maybe... we was on the ropes and
    put on the spot after all.

• Options
    edited May 2018
    Disregard this post dumb forum kept something I wrote a week ago and never posted.
    Post edited by beezeeze on

• Options
    edited May 2018
    same here
    Post edited by beezeeze on

• Options
    edited May 2018
    The Aliens reference was more likely to do with the actual Aliens (2nd) movie where the Alien queen gets sucked into space through the ship's hangar door, the same way Maw was sucked out.

Resurrection was the one with the gruesome "crushed through a tiny hole" scene and I doubt Pete was actually referring to that movie.

• Options
    jennymachx wrote: »
    The Aliens reference was more likely to do with the actual Aliens (2nd) movie where the Alien queen gets sucked into space through the ship's hangar door, the same way Maw was sucked out.

Resurrection was the one with the gruesome "crushed through a tiny hole" scene and I doubt Pete was actually referring to that movie.
    It was for sure "Aliens" he was talking about so less gruesome yes but sucking someone out into space = killing them...and that is not something spidey is usually ok with be they evil torturous space aliens or not.

• Options
    edited May 2018
    I don't think Spidey had any real choice in the matter.

Tony and him simply aren't on the same level as Ebon Maw when it comes to sheer power levels. Maw could have easily thrown them out of space instead with a mere flick of his wrist. There was simply no way to subdue him otherwise. Strange was the only person on board who could, but he was immobilized.

The options they had were to either let Maw torture Strange and kill him while getting the Time stone, or eliminate him before he could do so.
  • Options
    jennymachx wrote: »
    I don't think Spidey had any real choice in the matter.
    Ultimately I think you are right it was only a minor grip on my part and looking back I am not sure how they could have done it any other way.

• Options
    My issue was how Star Lord was made into a douche.

Like he was just a joke the entire time
  • Options
    diggotdiggot Posts: 309 Arc User
    I liked the movie.. mostly.

What really pissed me of what that Scarlet and Vision got spanked by Corvus and Proxima,
    but for some idiotic reason, Widow could hold her own against Proxima... which is utter BS.

Widow is nothing but an ordinary woman trained in spytactics, martial arts and weapons..
    Proxima has superstrength, master tactician and an expert in combat.

So when Widow holds her own against an enemy that is BY FAR stronger in everyway.. i call BS.

Also... having Proxima dying like she did.. what a FKing waste of a good character !.
  • Options
    Eh, that was just Black Widow activating her MD active defense and then her R3 Intensity active offense. It all makes perfect sense ;). It was a short fight, after all.
    JwLmWoa.png