test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

TILINGKOOT VS FORCE KNIGHT

So, can someone share some info about this glorious epic?

did Tilingkoot win? He has Force Knight technology, so I guess! I beat him recently so I got it now. I hold the Force Knight technology.

Comments

• bulgarexbulgarex Posts: 2,310 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    Forceknight is one of the most respected names among Canadian superheroes. There have actually been five holders of the identity since 1964, the current one being the first woman. Forceknight wears high-tech powered armor; the latest model is among the most sophisticated and powerful in the world. The various Forceknights have had storied careers both as independent heroes and members of prominent super teams, battling virtually every major Canadian villain and quite a few American ones. The current Forceknight primarily works solo.

Tilingkoot, the "Demon of the Lost," has tormented the peoples of Canada since time immemorial. Centuries ago a Blackfoot hero trapped him, but Kigatilik freed him in modern times to be his ally. Over the succeeding decades Tilingkoot has launched numerous schemes to spread suffering and misery across the North, on his own or in partnership with Kigatilik.

There's no published reference to a specific battle between Tilingkoot and Forceknight; but given their histories, one or another of the Forceknights undoubtedly faced him at some point, and might have been defeated.

The latest history for Tilingkoot is given in Champions Villains Vol. 1: Master Villains, under the entry for Kigatilik. Tilingkoot was also written up in Champions Of The North, which has the full write-up for Forceknight.

• zemmaxzemmax Posts: 295 Arc User
    Thanks for the info, Champions role is interesting to read. :D but I gotta admit, I don't read the stuff in game much. I don't even know if they reference Force Knight in the game, other than in a piece of gear.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    I've seen a lot of oblique references in CO to the existence of a Canadian superteam, but we don't see the team.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
    edited May 2018
    Much of the early CO content had Easter eggs like that, which people familiar with the PnP game would get, but which didn't go any farther.
  • canadascottcanadascott Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    I can give you a lot of non-canon material about her; bear in mind this is unofficial, even if I did write the original damn book.

Non-canon, Alice moved on to become a different superheroine (the Knight Errant), and the current Forceknight (Forceknight VI) is Lyle Doerksen's son Sean, who along with Celestar's daughter Celesta, are teenage trainee members of Starforce. Starforce itself has changed little in the last ten years; Justiciar is still in charge and is effectively Canada' Captain America. Ravenspeaker and Thundrax are provisional (part time) members, and Argosy merged with a water elemental prince to become the Mariner, a somewhat more stable version of his previous self. Dust Devil, like Professor Xavier, is still a jerk.

At least, that's what I'm running with in my fiction. Cryptic can and probably should ignore all this. I tend to like fluidity in continuing world fiction.

Darren Watts revealed (in Golden Age of Champions) that Celestar reunited with the newly freed Mighty Canadians, Canada's 1960s supers team that was Kigatilik's archenemies.

Sean's a genius level engineer, but he cannot take Tilingkoot alone, not at his current level of experience. Alice might have; it would be an interesting tech vs. magic battle. Also today (with Sean as Force Knight), he'd have backup from Starforce, and that'd likely turn the tide.

/CanadaBanner4.jpg
    edited May 2018
    Well, as the creator of both of the silly things.

Canon-wise, I think it comes out to a draw. A classic magic vs. tech battle. Forceknight (one word, Cryptic) would have lost the tech in one of those battles.

Non-canon, things get more complicated.

In the Thundrax fiction I've been writing to advance the setting, Alice has moved on to become a different superheroine, Knight Errant. The new Forceknight is the third Forceknight's son Sean Doerksen, teenage genius, who along with Celestar's daughter Celesta, are trainee members of Starforce. (Thundrax and Ravenspeaker are part-time members, who come in when they need heavy-hitters.)

Dust Devil is, like Charles Xavier, still a jerk.

As yet Sean lacks the experience to take Tilingkoot on, one on one. But that's what teammates are for.
    Post edited by canadascott on
    /CanadaBanner4.jpg

I've seen a lot of oblique references in CO to the existence of a Canadian superteam, but we don't see the team.

If you've run into Justiciar or the Constable in-game, they're both members of the preeminent superhero team in Canada, StarForce. Justiciar is actually the leader.

Canon-wise, I think it comes out to a draw. A classic magic vs. tech battle.

In the Thundrax fiction I've been writing to advance the setting, Alice has moved on to become a different superheroine, Knight Errant. The new Forceknight is the third Forceknight's son Sean Doerksen, teenage genius, who along with Celestar's daughter Celesta, are trainee members of Starforce. (Thundrax and Ravenspeaker are part-time members, who come in when they need heavy-hitters.)

As yet Sean lacks the experience to take Tilingkoot on, one on one. But that's what teammates are for.

If Hero Games was still publishing Champions Universe supplements on a regular basis, the setting would probably have been advanced like that in a number of ways. It's been several years since we've gotten any substantial updates for the present-day CU, aside from what's appeared in CO.
    bulgarex said:

Canon-wise, I think it comes out to a draw. A classic magic vs. tech battle.

If Hero Games was still publishing Champions Universe supplements on a regular basis, the setting would probably have been advanced like that in a number of ways. It's been several years since we've gotten any substantial updates for the present-day CU, aside from what's appeared in CO.
    There's a bit of advancement in Golden Age of Champions (with the return of the Mighty Canadians, Aureole, and King Vultok from their silver and golden age prisons.)
    /CanadaBanner4.jpg
    Quite so. We also got notice in GAC that there's a new (fourth) holder of the identity and powers of Meteor Man. Guess it's just a matter of how we define "substantial." ;)
    bulgarex said:

If you've run into Justiciar or the Constable in-game, they're both members of the preeminent superhero team in Canada, StarForce. Justiciar is actually the leader.
    Yeah, he doesn't talk about his team though.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,315 Arc User
    zemmax said:

Thanks for the info, Champions role is interesting to read. :D but I gotta admit, I don't read the stuff in game much. I don't even know if they reference Force Knight in the game, other than in a piece of gear.

Talk to the guys at Force Station Steelhead. One of them, while giving you a mission, in fact references being tempted to come out of retirement and put on his old Forceknight gear again. (I think they spell it as one word in his dialog box - I'll check next time I'm in Canada. Wolfwere's still running around up there, I think.)
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    edited May 2018
    Right, that's supposed to be Wally Thompson, the original Forceknight and inventor of the armor, who also designed the Steelsman armor for the RCMP's Steelhead anti-supercrime division. I have to say, his CO illo looks remarkably youthful and fit for a man who must be nearly 80. ;)

BTW in the PnP sources "Forceknight" is all one word.
    Do you mean the agency, or Force Station Steelhead? Because the latter was created for CO, and what's in the MMO is just about all the data there is.
    AFAIK Force Station Steelhead is little more than the headquarters of Task Force Steelhead.... I want to say TFS is a branch of UNTIL, but I'm not sure.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
    edited May 2018
    Hey, we in Canada like the UN, but not that much. ;)

The Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) is Canada's federal police force, equivalent in some ways to America's FBI, although there are significant differences. In either 1986 or 1998 (published references are inconsistent on this point) the government created the Steelhead Division of the RCMP specifically to track and investigate supervillains and coordinate with local heroes. They also have agents stationed in recurring trouble spots. Early in this millennium the Canadian government instituted the Steelweb, a series of sensor installations designed to track superhuman movement and power sources operating in remote wilderness areas. (It wouldn't be unreasonable to assume Force Station Steelhead is part of the Steelweb.) There had been some official questioning of the value of Steelweb versus the expense; the Whiteout incident and other recent events in the North may have changed that.

As mentioned earlier on this thread, former Forceknight Wally Thompson designed the Steelsman light powered armor for the Steelheads' field agents. It's not in the league of most superheroes' or villains' equipment (powered armor is expensive, and government agencies have budgets), but helps the Steelheads get in the game. The leader of the Steelhead Division is Assistant Commissioner Mark Derringer, an American who's apparently immortal, and who has been a crime fighter since the 1930s. During the 1980s he served with the Canadian superhero team Sunder under the code name, "Avenger." Derringer is known as a hard-nosed taskmaster unwilling to play politics. The Steelheads have been accused of excessive force on a few occasions, which Derringer has ignored. Various parties frequently question his longevity in the job, but apparently the success of the Steelhead Division has kept them at bay so far.

FYI, a "steelhead" is an ocean-going variety of trout, native to the northern Pacific coast of North America. However, the Steelhead Division was named in honor of a legendary officer of the North-West Mounted Police (predecessor to the RCMP), Sam Steele. Yes, that's the real name of a real person.

You'll find all this info, plus, in Champions Of The North, the dedicated source book for Champions Canada. It's also summarized in Champions Universe.
    Post edited by bulgarex on