test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

FC.31.20180427.4 - Nemesis Alert Fixes

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,089 Cryptic Developer
Nemesis Alert
  • During the 'break down the force field phase' players are now immune to any Nemesis repel effects. Previously players were only immune to knock effects. Only the Repulsion Field should be able to knock/repel you during this phase.
  • Corrected the health on the force fields as they were much higher than intended.
  • Fixed a bug where the Laser Core was calculating its damage incorrectly.
  • Fixed a bug where the alert was kicking players.
  • Fixed a bug where one of the teleporters could get locked out.
  • Added background music to the alert.

Some other notes:
  • While we may look into adding new generic Nemesis in the future, none will be added this patch cycle.
  • In addition, we do not have a good way for the alert to pick a player who has a Nemesis over one who does not.
  • The Space Rock exists as a time killer when you're waiting for the alert to start. It also has perks!
  • No conversion will be done for Nemesis tokens whatsoever. These tokens have been in game since launch with no realistic cap and we don't want players flooding other currency with a conversion. The old store will be kept around to use any existing ones, but going forward all new items placed in the store will use the new currency.
  • Also moving forward we will be focusing on adding new items to all of the Recognition stores as they haven't been getting as much attention as they probably should.
​​

Comments

• aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    The team leader nemesis will always get picked. That also happens in older nemesis alerts.
  • theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    Request:

In light of the clear notice that there will be NO Nemesis Token conversion, can we at least have some way of getting rid of them? Sometimes there are odd numbers of recog (in general).

If this recog type is being phased out, it would be nice to be able to get rid of it completely and not have it clog up our resources tab.
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,429 Arc User
    Huh, didn't realize it worked that way. Just make it so that players who do not have a Nemesis can't queue for the alert. That would solve the problem. It doesn't have to take long to create a Nemesis. You can even use the same Nemesis for all your heroes if you are too lazy to make more than one (costume that is).
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • atlassarnosianatlassarnosian Posts: 169 Arc User
    Glad to hear the Rec stores are going to get more love (still worry about the prices)
    And has the new Nemesis token still not been available for the Debugger yet?
    @atlassarnosian
    Banner.png
    Playing CO since August 25, 2012
    Lifetime sub since July 6, 2017

YouTube|Steam|DeviantArt|FurAffinity
    "Don't call me lizard!"
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User

Huh, didn't realize it worked that way. Just make it so that players who do not have a Nemesis can't queue for the alert.

That would break some things, but it's reasonable to require a nemesis for the daily mission.
  • yeah - specifically, it would break the ability for people to collect 30K refined Q every seven (now eight - thanks a lot for that) weeks if they have absolutely no interest in touching the nemesis system​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
  • zamuelpwezamuelpwe Posts: 668 Arc User
    Bug
    UNTIL Space Station
    The new Alert coordinator in the UNTIL space station doesn't have an Info tab about himself like the Lt. Patil does. Admittedly minor but still something missing when compared to other contacts throughout the game.

Suggestion
    The SCR/GCR vendor and the Nemesis vendor within the space station could stand to have some sort of visual cue that they are such instead of just background NPCs. Even if it's just color palette adjustments.
    "Interesting builds are born from limitations not by letting players put everything into one build."

-Sterga
  • soulforgersoulforger Posts: 1,649 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    "In addition, we do not have a good way for the alert to pick a player who has a Nemesis over one who does not."

I had a feeling that would be the case. So, then, as suggested, just make it so that a person NEEDS a nemesis in order to queue for this alert. And as pointed out, this would get people to actually CREATE a nemesis. In fact, in might be a good idea to actually somehow force people to get the mission to create one. Last I checked, only way to begin the thing, was to check your character's mail...and if players are not paying attention to their mail...they won't care. So, maybe instead of that, they are given a "high priority" mission that forcefully gives the player the mission to create a nemesis? But, that would more or less require a update on the nemesis system's start...and...we...the players...would want more than just that. Though, personally, I'm fine with baby steps in updating the system. I think it is the only system in the game that hasn't really been touched really, most other systems in the game have had tweaks or even overhauls.
  • warcanchwarcanch Posts: 1,076 Arc User
    The reason any of my characters DON'T have a Nemesis is that it's long not been worth saddling them with one. Long ago purchased all things usable from the vendor. If there had been some consumable to spend it on, that would have been nice. No matter what, though, ((thundering Dev voice)) NO CONVERSION. *sigh*

How about, in going forward, you add various consumables to all of the vendors (including the old Nem token vendor?). Many players have maxed out on GCR with nothing to spend it down, except to die and rez yourself with the Phoenix Tear.​​

-=-=-=-=-=-(CO in-game handle: @WarCan )-=-=-=-=-=-
    "Okay, you're DEAD, what do you do NEXT?"
    edited May 2018
    Basic thoughts on the New Alert:

- I actually like it. Once the kinks are sorted out, I think it'll be a fair amount of fun.
    - The Repelling Field needs to have its VFX looked at, it seems to not always play the repel VFX when repelling or not play the VFX repel at all (as far as I could tell) if you are blocking and the only one up there. Also there seems to be some discrepancy between it actually hitting and the animation. If that could be tightened up that'd be great.

I expect there to be some sort of warning like:

"WARNING: FORCE/GRAVITY FIELD HARMONICS IN FLUX. UNDERTAKE DEFENSIVE MEASURES." - to indicate it's going to fling you onto an electrified floor which deals un-dodgable damage.

The mobs were a bit much, but should be manageable with a full five man team. Although, it may be best to have them spawn a bit faster and be at a lower level...although I guess in the interests of keeping it accessible to all...scary tech is probably the best option. So it's probably fine with a five man,

Hero 1 - Fights Mobs
    Hero 2 - Fights Force Field Generator
    Hero 3 - Fights Force Field Generator
    Hero 4 - Fights Mobs
    Hero 5 - Looks after team hopefully

The Travel Power suppression is a bit annoying. That should probably leave instantly at the first phase. If the floor is electrified, that should be enough of a warning not to stand on it. It wasn't abundantly clear that we'd have to teleport up.

When the floor started flashing I started blocking and moving, thinking something horrible was imminent, didn't realize I had time.

Would also be nice to have some information about lingering radiation, it seemed a bit weird.

I know rewards aren't finalized yet but...all that for a space taco?! :lol:

Post edited by theravenforce on
  • sekhmet46sekhmet46 Posts: 175 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    I'm guessing this alert isn't getting added tomorrow, given the still rough state of it and no mention of any unique rewards having been made yet, so I wonder what will...

Also, requiring players to have a nemesis to join the alert would result in a lot of randomized costume nemeses with even more random names, and I'd take a default nemesis over that any day.
  • baelogventurebaelogventure Posts: 520 Arc User

Huh, didn't realize it worked that way. Just make it so that players who do not have a Nemesis can't queue for the alert. That would solve the problem. It doesn't have to take long to create a Nemesis. You can even use the same Nemesis for all your heroes if you are too lazy to make more than one (costume that is).

That would break some things, but it's reasonable to require a nemesis for the daily mission.

"In addition, we do not have a good way for the alert to pick a player who has a Nemesis over one who does not."

I had a feeling that would be the case. So, then, as suggested, just make it so that a person NEEDS a nemesis in order to queue for this alert. And as pointed out, this would get people to actually CREATE a nemesis. In fact, in might be a good idea to actually somehow force people to get the mission to create one. Last I checked, only way to begin the thing, was to check your character's mail...and if players are not paying attention to their mail...they won't care. So, maybe instead of that, they are given a "high priority" mission that forcefully gives the player the mission to create a nemesis? But, that would more or less require a update on the nemesis system's start...and...we...the players...would want more than just that. Though, personally, I'm fine with baby steps in updating the system. I think it is the only system in the game that hasn't really been touched really, most other systems in the game have had tweaks or even overhauls.

Or, you know, you could just use the Nemcon system for assigning a Nemesis to people that doesn't specifically have one created. It works perfectly fine.
    edited May 2018
    Query: Corrosive Energy Debuff which apparently negates shielding effects...does this also impact Personal Force Field?
    Post edited by theravenforce on
  • magpieuk2014magpieuk2014 Posts: 1,268 Arc User
    No conversion will be done for Nemesis tokens whatsoever. These tokens have been in game since launch with no realistic cap and we don't want players flooding other currency with a conversion. The old store will be kept around to use any existing ones, but going forward all new items placed in the store will use the new currency

Fair dos. Could you make it so that we can collate our Nem tokens, though? At the moment they are discrete to each toon and this will probably leave people with a whole pile of tokens which aren't enough to spend meaningfully. If you could collate them that would probably encourage people to spend what they've got in the store and move on gracefully to the new system.
  • atlassarnosianatlassarnosian Posts: 169 Arc User
    Ok, so we went to destroy the core this time and succeeded. Only problem is the radiation damage still lingers even after you won
    If there's 2 things I hate about that gravity knockback thing:
    1. it has a slight delay reaction to when it actually explodes, longer than the bubble is even activated, sometimes it will actually knock toward you to it first and then back
    2. more often than not, the attack doesn't even happen at all, so it makes you block for all that time for nothing

and we've tried to swap different lead roles for our Team to see if we can get a different nemesis, but it just turns out it keeps thinking the one who originally crafted the team is still lead
    @atlassarnosian
    Banner.png
    Playing CO since August 25, 2012
    Lifetime sub since July 6, 2017

YouTube|Steam|DeviantArt|FurAffinity
    "Don't call me lizard!"
    Managed to get on some successful runs with a few people (atlassarnosian, ravenforce, and a few others) and I have thoughts and found a bug.
    I do like the overall setup but the difficulty is scaled a little high due to the high respawn speed.
    The reward circle is directly on top of one of the teleporters so it isn't obvious at a distance. And I'd assume that the scoring will be negated on Live instead of being tracked like the current Test build.

Suggestion
    Move the reward circle forward to the ground level instead of on the ramp directly on top of the teleporter.

Suggestion
    Slow down the speed of the enemy spawns. May not need much to get it manageable but it's overwhelming at the moment.

And the big one:

Bug
    Thugs nemesis minions
    There is a longstanding bug where this nemesis minion type is lacking its three bar enemies ("Enforcers" & "Master Villains" I believe). On Live, this breaks the bank robbery Grab since these enemies don't spawn and thus you can't defeat enough to go inside. For this Alert, the non-spawning means that 2/6 of the intended enemies don't spawn, making things easier than whatever the final intended difficulty is. Some don't even properly aggro due to smaller spawn sizes. Furthermore, the fewer enemies almost causes the same problem on Live since you just barely manage to get the 25 required enemies to open the door to the reactor core. This nemesis minion faction needs to be completed to fix this problem.

Suggestion
    Considering the above bug, I'd suggest simply pulling recolored versions of the 3 bar enemies from the henchmen used by Deadman Walkin (and 'Nighthawk?') with the appropriate palette recolors. They already fit the theme of 'Thugs' and would save time from having to create them from scratch. The ranged one lacks attacks but that's a separate problem that I don't think would happen if you're just pulling the look.
    "Interesting builds are born from limitations not by letting players put everything into one build."

-Sterga
  • grievehartgrievehart Posts: 192 Arc User

Just make it so that players who do not have a Nemesis can't queue for the alert. That would solve the problem. It doesn't have to take long to create a Nemesis. You can even use the same Nemesis for all your heroes if you are too lazy to make more than one (costume that is).

So, then, as suggested, just make it so that a person NEEDS a nemesis in order to queue for this alert. And as pointed out, this would get people to actually CREATE a nemesis. In fact, in might be a good idea to actually somehow force people to get the mission to create one.

^ Not a good solution.

Why ?
    Because if some people are "too lazy" to create a nemesis, and you force them to create one to play the content , they could end up using the default skin (you know, that tasteless guy or girl in blue and yellow pajamas) or worse, just hit the randomize button.
    And this would be, in my opinion, WORSE than having generic one created by devs (even if nearly all these sucks seriously too for now...)

Kaiserin said new generic nems will be added in the future, let's give a chance to these new nems.

baelogventure solution could also be a good alternative, Nemcons nemesis do the work.

• chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    Seeing the Hyperdimensional Shifthopper Pads on the Nem Store made my day. The other Nemcon costume pieces are there too! Now i don't mind farming for 2000 Nem Recog for the Pads and Belt.

Regarding the alert, I assume the "How to" guide is gonna be that console next to the Narcola Vending machine. The dmg of the elec floor needs to be toned down a little. I'm worried that squishies will die frequently before getting to the other side. And we know that healers a scarce, especially in PUGs.
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter

The dmg of the elec floor needs to be toned down a little. I'm worried that squishies will die frequently before getting to the other side.

All things considered, I'd argue that it and the core radiation should be percentage of health. I'm pretty sure it's explicitly meant to kill people on ground level outside of the two teleporter safe spots.

-Sterga
  • kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,089 Cryptic Developer
    Nemcon is set up very, very differently in terms of picking out Nemesis and generic ones. It's also the main cause behind it's queue issues (and why we had to make the alert force a premade team of 5 to queue), so we won't be going down that route.

The floor traps are not meant to be something you walk over and survive.​​
  • aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    kaizerin wrote: »
    Nemesis Alert
    • In addition, we do not have a good way for the alert to pick a player who has a Nemesis over one who does not.
    Damn, just posted about that in the other thread, too. At the very least, would it be possible to require players to create a nemesis before queuing for this? :D​​
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
  • sekhmet46sekhmet46 Posts: 175 Arc User
    Ran through that first nemesis mission to see if I could earn enough tokens to get a weapon skin and...
    Bug: Completing "Lemurian Antiquities" currently grants nothing on PTS. Please ensure the new nemesis tokens are added as rewards here.

Emote tab in Nemesis store has a blank page with vendor's picture in background.

I'm SOOOOOOOOOOOO happy that the nemesis gladiator costumes are store rewards here, and 1000 doesn't seem like too bad of a farm, considering their rarity up until now. I'll probably eat those words later though.

Also very happy to see legacy weapon skins, though I wish there were more, especially the Jackhammer blaster. Also, preview images are missing but I hope "Fantasy Sword" is Style 2 (http://www.jackalgallery.com/co_images/weapon_blade_fantasy2.jpg) and not either of the two other styles.

Kaiserin's costume image forum thread doesn't have pictures for most of the guns in the Nemesis store as far as I can tell, if anyone knows what they look like let me know :)
  • soulforgersoulforger Posts: 1,649 Arc User

Just make it so that players who do not have a Nemesis can't queue for the alert. That would solve the problem. It doesn't have to take long to create a Nemesis. You can even use the same Nemesis for all your heroes if you are too lazy to make more than one (costume that is).

So, then, as suggested, just make it so that a person NEEDS a nemesis in order to queue for this alert. And as pointed out, this would get people to actually CREATE a nemesis. In fact, in might be a good idea to actually somehow force people to get the mission to create one.

^ Not a good solution.

Why ?
    Because if some people are "too lazy" to create a nemesis, and you force them to create one to play the content , they could end up using the default skin (you know, that tasteless guy or girl in blue and yellow pajamas) or worse, just hit the randomize button.
    And this would be, in my opinion, WORSE than having generic one created by devs (even if nearly all these sucks seriously too for now...)

Kaiserin said new generic nems will be added in the future, let's give a chance to these new nems.

baelogventure solution could also be a good alternative, Nemcons nemesis do the work.

For some reason...I think I'd at least get a kick out of a random costumed nemesis, even hideious, over the generics. And, these new ones, they will need to be GOOD. And I mean GOOD. Another thing they will need to do is to give the generics random power set picking...and not always infernal.
    Bug: some old costume unlocks seem to have reset.
    So, I was looking through my bank tab of power replacers, and I notice a bunch of them have costume unlock icons indicating that they aren't unlocked, and when I check the tailor they are, in fact, not unlocked. I've had all of those costume parts unlocked since 2010. It's not a hardship for me since I can just re-equip the items, but someone who disposed of the PR after unlocking it would be affected.
    Costumes I see with this:
    • Qularr Assault Rifle (Alien Organic Rifle 2)
    • Security Assault Rifle (Anime Style Rifle 3)
    • VRD-A4 'Frost' Ice Rifle (A4 Frosty Ice Rifle)
    • VB-A4 'Jackhammer' Blaster (A4 Jackhammer Blaster Rifle)
    • Blunderbuss (Blunderbuss)
    • Pulson Shotgun (Pulson Carbine)
    • Security Shotgun (Anime Style Rifle 1)
    These aren't the same ones that got added to nemesis store, so seems weird (pulson pistol did get added but remains unlocked, brainscrambler never had an unlock, the other two do not correspond to any power replacers I know of).

I'm pondering something. Unlike Bank Robbery or Dockside Dustup, Save the Earth is indoors and when people load into the alert, the first enemies spawn in instead of already being there standing around. Is it possible to not do the Nemesis selection until after the Alert starts?

Separately, would it be feasible to lower the initial starting level for Crime Computa and Lemurian Antiquities from level 25 to level 20? There are people who like the Nemesis system that would have a few levels between this alert being available and being able to make a Nemesis. In an 'and/or' to that and to some of the concerns of some newer players not even knowing about the Nemesis system:

Suggestion
    Similar to the autogranted mission given that points players to Onslaught, why not instead have one that points to MCPD Captain Martin once they're within the Nemesis level range.

And something that seems like a corresponding QoL to this release but not directly a part of it:

Suggestion
    The patch that releases this Alert should delete/reset every Nemesis clue on Live. Due to the outstanding bug that allows other players to pick up other people's Nemesis clues, some players have been barred from advancing through the Nemesis system. This is a concern if a new currency is being implemented since it means they can't run the regular nemesis missions.

-Sterga
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    zamuelpwe said:

Managed to get on some successful runs with a few people (atlassarnosian, ravenforce, and a few others) and I have thoughts and found a bug.
    I do like the overall setup but the difficulty is scaled a little high due to the high respawn speed.
    The reward circle is directly on top of one of the teleporters so it isn't obvious at a distance. And I'd assume that the scoring will be negated on Live instead of being tracked like the current Test build.

Does the scoreboard matter aside from bragging rights? Sure, seeing someone like Spinnytop get 6x your score is annoying, but. enh. I can live with it.
    zamuelpwe said:

Suggestion
    Move the reward circle forward to the ground level instead of on the ramp directly on top of the teleporter.

Or maybe just increase the time limit? Most people would have issues finding it once, and only once.
    zamuelpwe said:

Suggestion
    Slow down the speed of the enemy spawns. May not need much to get it manageable but it's overwhelming at the moment.

Yeah I think they were literally respawning immediately when the last member of each group was killed. I was tanking adds in the boss stage and it was like clock work.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    kaizerin said:

The floor traps are not meant to be something you walk over and survive.​​

Sorry, forgot to mention that it still hits hard even when hopping like a bunny. I assume there's an interval before taking dmg, but newbies probably won't realize this.
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter

Does the scoreboard matter aside from bragging rights? Sure, seeing someone like Spinnytop get 6x your score is annoying, but. enh. I can live with it.

I don't know. If it doesn't matter, I'm fine with it. If it does matter, then it could be a problem.

Or maybe just increase the time limit? Most people would have issues finding it once, and only once.

I'm wondering if they can. That end of Alert timer feels kinda standardized. However, another option that might be good would be to simply teleport players to the circle like some missions do.

-Sterga
  • shadowolf505shadowolf505 Posts: 697 Arc User
    Think of the scoreboard as the same one from Red Winter or Cybermind, it doesn't matter.​​
    || Main Tank || DPSer || Healer || CCer || Altoholic || @shadowolf505 in game ||
  • So there isn't any increase to the amount of Questionite we're rewarded for completing Vigilance? 30K for 8 alerts seems kinda low considering you get 5K and some gold recog to complete a Cosmic.
    So there isn't any increase to the amount of Questionite we're rewarded for completing Vigilance? 30K for 8 alerts seems kinda low considering you get 5K and some gold recog to complete a Cosmic.

If you compare "Alerts: Vigilance" to a Cosmic Battle (Eidolon of Destruction, Kigatillik, Qwyjibo or Teleiosaurus) and the rewards you get from both, you *MUST* want more Questionite from the mission rather than the Cosmic. Keep in mind that this Questionite from Vigilance is *REFINED* and not Questionite Ore like a Cosmic. Cosmics are the Endgame (How the Gold Champions Recognition comes around) for Champions Online, whereas the Custom Alerts can just be ran by anyone who wants to run it. Not all of the community does Endgame and that's fine. But this a nemesis alert, not Endgame. You should be happy with getting the nemesis tokens and the rewards from completing the alert at least.

TL; DR: I know what you mean when you want more Questionite but that might just be a fixed amount and the alert won't add anything that already exists in Endgame from what I've seen.​​
    || Main Tank || DPSer || Healer || CCer || Altoholic || @shadowolf505 in game ||
    So there isn't any increase to the amount of Questionite we're rewarded for completing Vigilance? 30K for 8 alerts seems kinda low considering you get 5K and some gold recog to complete a Cosmic.

I assume that the Questionite is a fixed amount.​​
    Also worth remembering that it's already refined so it supplements any other questionite gains. Ore has daily refining limits.

-Sterga
    Yup yup.
    zamuelpwe said:

Also worth remembering that it's already refined so it supplements any other questionite gains. Ore has daily refining limits.

• stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User
    "No conversion will be done for Nemesis tokens whatsoever."

No one was under the illusion that you were going to change your minds. It still sucks and your excuse was refuted before you made it.

I'm not sure giving more Q for the Vigilance would matter. The only thing people seem to do with their Q is exchange it for Zen anymore. Seems like no one really wants it considering value is always over 470 q/zen now. I'd rather the devs add some of the other currencies to Vigilance and/or update the requirements for completing it as I suggested before.​​
    YouTube - Steam - Twitter
    [at]riviania Member since Aug 2009
  • nbkxsnbkxs Posts: 768 Arc User
    Q is still very valuable for many things(NPG, unslotting mods(costs 25kish/r9 mod from decent gear). I stopped doing vigilance a long time ago, though, forum cutscenum is too unbearable to bother.
    [NbK]XStorm
  • sterga said:

No one was under the illusion that you were going to change your minds. It still sucks and your excuse was refuted before you made it.

I'm not sure giving more Q for the Vigilance would matter. The only thing people seem to do with their Q is exchange it for Zen anymore. Seems like no one really wants it considering value is always over 470 q/zen now. I'd rather the devs add some of the other currencies to Vigilance and/or update the requirements for completing it as I suggested before.​​

Uh, yes it DOES matter because some of us are poor destitute silver accounts and are still grinding for Q to convert to Zen to get Z-store items.
    sterga said:

No one was under the illusion that you were going to change your minds. It still sucks and your excuse was refuted before you made it.​​

Given that the old Nemesis store is still there, old Nemesis tokens are just as useful(/useless) as they were before.
    zamuelpwe said:

I don't know. If it doesn't matter, I'm fine with it. If it does matter, then it could be a problem.

Think of the scoreboard as the same one from Red Winter or Cybermind, it doesn't matter.​​

Some alerts have a completion credit mechanic. If you don't score enough points you don't get a reward. Not sure if this one does or not. If it does then the scoreboard is useful.
    zamuelpwe said:

I'm wondering if they can. That end of Alert timer feels kinda standardized. However, another option that might be good would be to simply teleport players to the circle like some missions do.
    that would be great! My first time I genuinely had to look for it.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
    nbkxs said:

Q is still very valuable for many things(NPG, unslotting mods(costs 25kish/r9 mod from decent gear). I stopped doing vigilance a long time ago, though, forum cutscenum is too unbearable to bother.

But the cutscenes are FUN! Especially the cutsecene you get when you beat the smugness out of Firewing. :D
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • kamokamikamokami Posts: 1,633 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    sterga said:

It doesn't suck and it doesn't matter.
  • zemmaxzemmax Posts: 295 Arc User
    sigh
    kaizerin said:

No conversion will be done for Nemesis tokens whatsoever. These tokens have been in game since launch with no realistic cap and we don't want players flooding other currency with a conversion. The old store will be kept around to use any existing ones, but going forward all new items placed in the store will use the new currency.

​​

hopes... deleted.

• aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    sterga wrote: »
    The only thing people seem to do with their Q is exchange it for Zen anymore. Seems like no one really wants it considering value is always over 470 q/zen now.
    That's simply not true. If no one really wanted questionite, the whole zen/q exchange would collapse because there wouldn't be any zen up for trade.​​
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
  • stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User
    No, people don't want Q, they want the Zen Q can buy. I.E. things for sale that cost questionite are not anywhere near as desirable as things you can buy with Zen.​​
    YouTube - Steam - Twitter
    [at]riviania Member since Aug 2009
  • mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Posts: 521 Arc User
    sterga said:

No, people don't want Q, they want the Zen Q can buy. I.E. things for sale that cost questionite are not anywhere near as desirable as things you can buy with Zen.​​

But you are buying the Zen from people willing to accept the Q in exchange.

Forget the rate. The fact is that there are some people that want Q enough to sell Zen to get it.

Maybe they could do more to make Q more desirable and that would affect the exchange price, but at least some people are out there that want Q more than Zen right now.
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    I exchanged Zen for Questionite 2 days ago to buy a vehicle weapon. If they raise the questionite reward on anything I'm happy cause I use that stuff up by the boatload.
  • riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    aesica said:

sterga wrote: »

The only thing people seem to do with their Q is exchange it for Zen anymore. Seems like no one really wants it considering value is always over 470 q/zen now.

That's simply not true. If no one really wanted questionite, the whole zen/q exchange would collapse because there wouldn't be any zen up for trade.​​
    Especially with recent updates to the in-game stores. There's tons of stuff that can only be bought with Q, including devices, costumes bits, vehicle weapons, etc..

Also, there was a previous suggestion to lower the level to access "Lemurian Antiquities" from 25 to 20. Which would open up the Nemesis system a little earlier for players. I think that's an awesome idea and I hope it's one the devs consider.
    Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!
    sterga said:

No, people don't want Q, they want the Zen Q can buy.​​

This is obviously untrue, since there the Q store is dependent on having buyers as well as sellers. Now, the exchange rate could be different, which would be accomplished by either adjusting how you can earn Q or what you can spend it on, but if people truly didn't want Q the Q exchange would die.
  • xparibaxxparibax Posts: 149 Arc User
    Perhaps this has been mentioned but the ancient nemesis-creation bug where a saved costume with any unlock, C-store or otherwise on it, results in the default nem in the maker no mater how many times you load the save... could be fixed might give people more incentive to make a nem?
    Just a thought. :)

• violetnychusvioletnychus Posts: 136 Arc User
    zamuelpwe said:

I'm pondering something. Unlike Bank Robbery or Dockside Dustup, Save the Earth is indoors and when people load into the alert, the first enemies spawn in instead of already being there standing around. Is it possible to not do the Nemesis selection until after the Alert starts?

This seems a good thing to ask.
    So, thoughts having finally done it:
    • Definitely needs cut scenes/VO/text that explains what's going on.
    • It's highly dependent on interacts that are broken by damage. Those are IME almost universally unpopular (I can't keep going because someone keeps giving me paper cuts) and will make minion types that apply DoTs disproportionately hard. Consider increasing the time required for an interact but making it non-interruptible.
    • Force field scaling is, as usual, glitchy, making bosses with force fields unduly difficult.
    • The actual boss fight portion is rather uninteresting. A lot of that is because nemesis mechanics are actually fairly bland, but something should be possible.
This discussion has been closed.