test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Game Client doesn't starts on Windows 10 1803

blazer2001blazer2001 Posts: 109 Arc User
Hi there!

After updating my OS to the Windows 10 "April's Update" (version 1803), the game client doesn't starts up anymore, when I open the launcher and hit the "PLAY" button, I can see it executes de Game Client as expected, but the game doesn't starts at all.

After running the client with the "-console" parameter in the launcher, I can see a small command prompt windows, that gives some information about what the client is doing, the client seems to get stuck on "Getting System specs....". It would seem as if it doesn't recognizes the Windows version at all, causing it to get stuck while starting the game.

You can see the following picture, of where the client gets stuck:
View post on imgur.com
I hope that this can get solved soon, thank you!
I'm the ruler of the fire power.

Comments

• blazer2001blazer2001 Posts: 109 Arc User
    More information can be found in the support ticket #180414-000298 if needed.
  • fisitronfisitron Posts: 8 Arc User
    I'm having the same problem and rolling back to the previous windows update did not fix the problem at all.
  • canadaciaocanadaciao Posts: 9 Arc User
    The same issue's afflicted one of my systems (my primary gaming desktop, unfortunately) since switching to the new build of 10 as well. Ryzen 1700, GTX 970. I'd be willing to provide more detailed specs, -console logs, or any other services that would be helpful in troubleshooting the snag.
  • blazer2001blazer2001 Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    I would recommend anyone who is having this issue, to also file a support ticket using the support page, that is a good way to show them that there is a problem with the client and the latest version of Windows 10.

Once you have your support ticket number, post it in this thread as well.
  • cramneajcramneaj Posts: 7 Arc User
    Same problem with me
    Ticket Reference # 180501-000463
  • fisitronfisitron Posts: 8 Arc User
    Support Ticket # 180501-000741
  • kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,078 Cryptic Developer
    Just to comment on this: It is being looked into, but I don't have any sort of ETA.​​
  • aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    I wouldn't recommend melphyx' fix, that will take quite long. A little under that is an option to go back to previous build.

Post edited by aiqa on
  • akarynnakarynn Posts: 1 Arc User
    I concur with aiqa.
    The recovery to a previous version worked for me.
    But disable automatic update first. ;)

And be patient with the process.
    Once you are back on your desktop, resident programs (antivirus, peripherals manager, etc.) and taskbar icons may take a minute or two to come back.
  • gtw891gtw891 Posts: 115 Arc User
    I finally got my launcher working again. But only after going back to a previous version (a 3 hour task). Looks like the newest version of 10 doesn't like champions.
    akarynn said:

But disable automatic update first. ;) >

How do I disable automatic update?

• aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    gtw891 said:

(a 3 hour task)

Which is why I posted the rollback thing, that takes only a few minutes. Also it could be difficult to install all the security updates without going to 1803 again. And it actually surprises me it doesn't go to 1803 during the reset, what build are you at now?
    gtw891 said:

How do I disable automatic update?

Go to windows update, click advanced options, enable pause updates.
    k thx :)
  • dpglerchdpglerch Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    Same issue, got to love windows updates... anyways by no means am I going to do a rollback over one game, just give them some time.
    Post edited by dpglerch on
This discussion has been closed.