test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

FC.31.20180427.3 - Nemesis Alert!

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,089 Cryptic Developer
Save the Earth!
  • A new alert has been added into the alert rotation, Save the Earth!
  • This alert pits you against your Nemesis, in spaaacceee!
  • This mission is accessed through the alert window, and a daily mission can be found for it on alert coordinator contacts.
  • This alert will run for 2 weeks then go into regular Alert rotation.
  • It is suggested you have a Nemesis! Although it will pick a default nemesis if the alert leader does not have one.

This alert has three different ways to complete it:
  • Defeating your Nemesis and acquiring the laser shutdown codes from them.
  • Overriding all of the terminals and shutting down the laser manually.
  • Destroying the laser's powersource.

These methods range in difficulty, and will grant rolls on different reward tables depending on which one you complete. You will not gain more currency or better rewards, but there will be different costumes, perks and other aesthetic options based on your choice.

Known issues:
  • Dialogue for Nemesis is not currently in and is using placeholder stuff.
  • Cutscenes are not in.
  • Some rewards are in, but the unique rewards based on path are not.
  • Most Perks are not displaying for alert completion.
  • The console at the start of the mission isn't very helpful.
  • We are still tweaking numbers/health on enemies.

Nemesis Store
  • Nemesis tokens have been retired. The old store will stick around, but the tokens will no longer drop in game. There will be no conversion.
  • Nemesis Recognition has been added in its place.
  • Updated the Nemesis store to have more store categories.

Know Issues: The emote store currently does not display anything.

Until Space Station
  • Added a alerts coordinator contact on the bridge.
  • Added Champion and Nemesis recognition stores.
  • Removed the Mechanon Coalition exchange store.
  • Moved the tailor into the lounge.

Misc
  • Added additional perks for defeating Shadow Destroyer in Nemesis Confrontation.
  • Vigilance now also requires completing the Save the Earth! mission.
​​

Comments

• shadowolf505shadowolf505 Posts: 697 Arc User
    Cool​​
    || Main Tank || DPSer || Healer || CCer || Altoholic || @shadowolf505 in game ||
    Is it going to have one nemesis per alert?​​
    || Main Tank || DPSer || Healer || CCer || Altoholic || @shadowolf505 in game ||
  • ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    Okay...let’s discuss this alert leader default nems..

Can we do something about this? Should it go to the next person with a nem? Nemesis alerts seem to always run the same...red demon thing for everyone.

Is there a way we can get new default nems? Or something?
  • zamuelpwezamuelpwe Posts: 668 Arc User

Would be the perfect time to initiate a forum contest for one of these. Haven't had a major community developed thing in a while.
    "Interesting builds are born from limitations not by letting players put everything into one build."

-Sterga
  • chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    No Conversion for existing Nem Tokens? Really want players to do this alert, huh.
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • nbkxsnbkxs Posts: 768 Arc User
    The alert is pretty tough, definitely doesn't mess around, and needs a really powerful team to finish.

Make sure you have the pick your zone option ticked, or you will be thrown out every time.
    [NbK]XStorm
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    nbkxs wrote: »
    The alert is pretty tough, definitely doesn't mess around, and needs a really powerful team to finish.

Make sure you have the pick your zone option ticked, or you will be thrown out every time.

Update on this: Kaiserin said that she'll look into this issue for us.​​
    Another update: Kaiserin said the queue should be fixed tomorrow morning.​​
  • soulforgersoulforger Posts: 1,649 Arc User
    edited May 2018

Can we do something about this? Should it go to the next person with a nem? Nemesis alerts seem to always run the same...red demon thing for everyone.

If anything, the only time defaults should be used is if NO ONE on the team has a nemesis made. If at least ONE person has a nemesis, than, that nemesis should be used. I do not know how hard or easy it would be to make that possible though. But, I am sick and tired of the same old default nemesises. I want to see unique nemesises. I want to see mine more often. I do not want to see "Generic Nemesis A". I want to see "Awesomesauce Heroslayer 10000"...and now I know what my next nemesis is going to have for a name...
  • carrionbaggagecarrionbaggage Posts: 721 Community Moderator
    edited May 2018
    Some observations/suggestions after running the alert a few times:

- 825,000 health on each of the 4 Force Fields seems excessive. That phase felt like a slog even with heavy-hitting DPS builds.
    - The forcefield's green wireframe repel hits fairly late, after the wireframe disappears. It doesn't seem very intuitive for someone who is unfamiliar with the timing.
    - The respawn time of the mobs seems pretty fast. I imagine pickup groups will have trouble, though the spawn frequency may be intentional.
    - If the nemesis spawns on the opposite side of the platform (from where the last Force Field was destroyed), the nemesis will not agro and the team can ignore it if they choose to destroy the laser core. Engaging the nemesis seems like it would be in the spirit of the alert.
    - On a run with robot minions, their Concussor Beams repelled us off the platform onto the electrified floor. Minion type has a large effect on the difficulty of that phase.
    - I don't know if this one is intentional, or if we just overlooked a mechanic. Entering the laser core in the final phase stacks a debuff that kills anyone within a few seconds. If players choose the destroy-the-core option, melee is mostly useless. Ranged can (usually) reach the core from a safe distance. We tried using the objects in the first room (Narcola and Stabilization Belt), but they did not prevent the damage.
    - We appreciate the Space Rock, and will not take it for granite.

And some bugs:

- Players are auto-kicked from the alert. I understand this bug is known and being addressed.
    - On multiple robot minion runs, in the opening hallway, one of the mandatory 25 kills spawned in the next room, behind the door. We could not progress until it clipped back into the hallway or was killed with PBAoEs.
    - Once a player activates one of the two teleporters in the final room, the other one becomes unavailable. This is a problem if players activate the teleporter on the far side. If a player is defeated and respawns, the only way to reach the far teleporter is to run across the electrified floor (which will kill most builds without heavy healing/health).
    Post edited by carrionbaggage on
  • riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    And... YES!!! I'm so stoked that I re-upped my sub again. Can't wait to test this.
    Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!
  • doctorevilfacedoctorevilface Posts: 91 Arc User
    What are the requirements for the new Nemcon Shadow Destroyer perks?
    Lemon-Scented Evil.
  • knightironstarknightironstar Posts: 38 Arc User
    Vigilance now also requires completing the Save the Earth! mission.

Does this really have to be a part of Vigilance?

At least add in a little more Questionite Ore to compensate for additional Alert.
  • draogndraogn Posts: 1,269 Arc User
    The game really didn't need another recog grind. Especially if you're not going to honor the tokens we've already taken the time to collect.
  • kamokamikamokami Posts: 1,633 Arc User
    draogn said:

The game really didn't need another recog grind.

The game needed more content. And that content thankfully has it's own rewards. Not sure what constitutes a "grind". Is that literally any content with rewards?
    draogn said:

Especially if you're not going to honor the tokens we've already taken the time to collect.

They're "honored" by the stuff that's already in the store.
  • soulforgersoulforger Posts: 1,649 Arc User
    draogn said:

The game really didn't need another recog grind. Especially if you're not going to honor the tokens we've already taken the time to collect.

I can see why they won't "honor" it. There are people that have so many tokens, that, they'd be able to buy everything on day one when this launches. Which would suck for those players.
  • violetnychusvioletnychus Posts: 136 Arc User
    Please:

1. If any member of the team has a nemesis, give it priority over defaults

2. Nemesis default contest sounds great
  • roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    If at all possible, could default nemesis have a random power set?

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • warcanchwarcanch Posts: 1,076 Arc User
    I'd appreciate it if the old Nemesis tokens could be converted to Until tokens at the vendor who converts old, out-dated tokens.

Of course, this is purely selfish as I have a few characters that are so far away from the Bronze Age perk that this would help them out immensely. (Need Bronze Age, Silver Age, and Gold Age to get Modern Age to purchase the Phoenix Tear self-resurrection device)​​

-=-=-=-=-=-(CO in-game handle: @WarCan )-=-=-=-=-=-
    "Okay, you're DEAD, what do you do NEXT?"
  • baelogventurebaelogventure Posts: 520 Arc User

Just use the Nemcon system for someone without a Nemesis.
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    Nemesis tokens have been retired. The old store will stick around, but the tokens will no longer drop in game. There will be no conversion.

Sonova :s:o:/:#.....

I will rent my awesomly evil nemeses to everyone who don't have one yet. Cos DefaultNemeses are much suxxor...
    And how is the nemesis determined? Who pops in 1st?....
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • rtmartma Posts: 1,198 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    Does this mean you'd update Nemesis/Minions themselves to have more recent power changes/sets(Earth/Wind/Heavy Weapons?), synergy (Offense/Defense types, example Might could use Unstoppable or Defiant Passive with relative roles) and adjustments?
    Want to get to know me a bit better, Click me and take a read of My Dragon Profile Page, it's a bit dated but still relevant.

I take this quote from a review that I agree with.

"customisation is so linear; everyone is after the optimal dps:survivability ratio with 0 reliance on other players = autonomous gameplay... Players don't need each other anymore... which in my opinion is a bad thing."
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    Nemesis tokens have been retired. The old store will stick around, but the tokens will no longer drop in game. There will be no conversion.
    Well can't say they were useful in the first place beyond buying the Nemesis Heirloom Gear for leveling, which is now outclassed by the Aurum Heirloom Gear :tongue:​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
    rtma said:

Does this mean you'd update Nemesis/Minions themselves to have more recent power changes/sets(Earth/Wind/Heavy Weapons?), synergy (Offense/Defense types, example Might could use Unstoppable or Defiant Passive with relative roles) and adjustments?

^This.

And enable Weaponskins for Nemeses.... :#
  • genericheronamegenericheroname Posts: 12 Arc User
    > @rtma said:
    > Does this mean you'd update Nemesis/Minions themselves to have more recent power changes/sets(Earth/Wind/Heavy Weapons?), synergy (Offense/Defense types, example Might could use Unstoppable or Defiant Passive with relative roles) and adjustments?

Yes to this, this would be a good opportunity to update the nemesis system. Also option to rename your nemesis would be more than welcome.
  • ordinaryplayer#2642 ordinaryplayer Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    For testing purposes: What's the minimum intended Level?

Gotta ask as: Vig is available at level 20, with save the earth option included. But save the earth only appearing as an option level 30 on PTS.
    kaizerin said:

This alert has three different ways to complete it:

Eagerly waiting to test what happens when the team tries to go 3 different ways!
  • revanantmoriturirevanantmorituri Posts: 391 Arc User
    edited May 2018

Some observations/suggestions after running the alert a few times:

- On a run with robot minions, their Concussor Beams repelled us off the platform onto the electrified floor. Minion type has a large effect on the difficulty of that phase.

So to prevent future lynchings, I should switch Lord Nemesis's robotic minions from Power Armor to something less prone to knocks/repels? Unfortunately, the next appropriate choice, Munitions, is also a bad choice due to shotguns.
    -
    Formerly @Seschat pre PWEmerger. @Seschat on the Titan boards.

Supporter of the Titan Project.
  • stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User
    In space? With the annoying space floaty effect?

Ew... Default Nems. Can we not have those unless no one on the team has a Nem? The best part of Nem alerts is actually seeing your Nemesis, not the terrible Gener-o-trons.

"Cutscenes are not in."

Great. Keep them out. I don't care how awesome you think they are or how much anyone on PTS gushes over them, complaints-a-plenty will be up by the end of the first run. Oh, and stop putting that giant wall of crap at the beginning of Alerts. No one cares. No one reads it. The chances of even having time to read it before the mission starts are probably low.

"We are still tweaking numbers/health on enemies."

Obligatory reminder that PTS testers are generally the game's expert players that will also essentially act as a pre-made group. Content you want to be PUGable without much fuss should not be balanced for them. Especially since this is part of Vigilance. If you want it to be "challenging" make it a new Rampage that can reward any of the tokens from the other four Rampages. That would be swell.

Also: Perhaps it's time to change Vigilance to reward Q based on simply doing X number of different custom Alerts? Maybe after every four unique alerts, you get 10K q? Or something else more expansion friendly?

"Nemesis tokens have been retired. The old store will stick around, but the tokens will no longer drop in game. There will be no conversion."

That sucks. Also kind of disappointing that people who love and put up with the gimpy, neglected Nemesis system are basically being punished for having spent so much time playing the game. Why no, I don't care about the possibility of getting all of the rewards as soon as the content launches. So what? The people who have enough tokens to buy everything on day one are still going to play the hell out of this new alert. Unless the new alert is f---ing awful and more buggy than the regular missions.​​
    YouTube - Steam - Twitter
    [at]riviania Member since Aug 2009
    edited May 2018

BUG: The repel explosion thing doesnt fire half the time. Bubble happens, nothing after ( tho oddly often a slight knock towards the core )

BUG: Console method for winning doesnt work. We had all 4 consoles disabled and nothing happened. Also they say "activate main consoles" but there were no other consoles that activated.
    Post edited by spinnytop on
  • aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    - The green wireframe knockback is timed weirdly
    - the consoles on the lower floor often don't disable turret shields
    - the alert doesn't finish when using the consoles on the top floor at exactly the same time
    - concussor beam still repels on the top floor
    - ball lightning can't apply ions on objects (of course not really a problem with this alert, but it's more important now)
    edited May 2018
    aiqa said:

- the consoles on the lower floor often don't disable turret shields

Note on this: It seemed to always be one person who could use the consoles, and it seemed to be the same person repeatedly. For everyone else in the party it wouldn't work. Also we were partied.
  • aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    sterga wrote: »
    "Cutscenes are not in."

Great. Keep them out. I don't care how awesome you think they are or how much anyone on PTS gushes over them, complaints-a-plenty will be up by the end of the first run. Oh, and stop putting that giant wall of crap at the beginning of Alerts. No one cares. No one reads it. The chances of even having time to read it before the mission starts are probably low.
    While I can't log in to test this stuff (stupid windows 10 update bug) this is the main thing I wanted to say. Cutscenes in alerts, or really any content players are expected to farm repeatedly, actually takes away from the experience because it interrupts gameplay.

So please, feel free to not add cutscenes and just have the guys pop some speech bubbles or some flyby text over the course of the encounter. Due to the nature of nemeses, I highly doubt there will be any voice acting, so all the cutscenes will have to offer is [random nemesis] pointing at you while bobbing his head up and down as a speech bubble pops up. No thanks to that.
    kaizerin wrote: »
    • It is suggested you have a Nemesis! Although it will pick a default nemesis if the alert leader does not have one.
    Would it be at all possible to loop through the players and pick the first one with a Nemesis instead of just referencing the group leader? That way, the default, we-just-hit-the-random-button-in-the-character-generator nemeses would only be used as a last resort.
    kaizerin wrote: »
    • We are still tweaking numbers/health on enemies.
    I hope you take into consideration that most players on the PTS are not only veterans as a few others have mentioned, but also, likely decked out in all the best stuff. In contrast, people from live may not even be level 40, much less wearing full gcr gear packed with all the best rank 9 mods.

Unless of course this is meant to be a 40-only alert, in which case a little extra challenge is fine. (But such an alert shouldn't be in rotation with the rest, but instead, separate somehow)​​
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
  • ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    Any chance the nems (since we are looking at them) and their sidekicks have all the AT unlocked?

Not sure if this is considered on topic. I just haven’t seen updates to nemesis stuff in some time.
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    Nems use powersets, not ATs. And old versions of powersets, to boot.
  • nbkxsnbkxs Posts: 768 Arc User
    I think that after the changes, that it's a bit too easy. The shadow form nem has insane regen though; that's going to take 4ish of the best of the best of the best DPS to overcome in the 5 minutes that you have, if you decide to choose that route.
    [NbK]XStorm
  • aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    nbkxs said:

I think that after the changes, that it's a bit too easy. The shadow form nem has insane regen though; that's going to take 4ish of the best of the best of the best DPS to overcome in the 5 minutes that you have, if you decide to choose that route.

Remember this is meant to be a normal custom alert, that has to be doable for pugs. We did this with an optimized team with endgame geared characters.
    I heard that Nemeses are getting their weaponskins back.
    Someday...maybe... :#
    nbkxs said:

I don't think Dark powerset nemesis directly have regen. Rather, it has heal on hit and I've seen some tanking characters just try to muscle through instead of blocking. That said, it sounds like that might be a situation where a team should pick the other mission complete options.
    "Interesting builds are born from limitations not by letting players put everything into one build."

-Sterga
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    aiqa said:

nbkxs said:

Remember this is meant to be a normal custom alert, that has to be doable for pugs. We did this with an optimized team with endgame geared characters.
    Yeah, given the caliber of character we were using for testing the mission SHOULD have been a cakewalk. When it goes live we won't even be guaranteed to have level 40 characters running it. IIRC lowest you can do custom alerts is 30? so.. yeah.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters

IIRC lowest you can do custom alerts is 30?

Level 20...five levels before you can activate your Nemesis. So while some scaling may come into play, many will be running in heirloom and mission reward gear.

-Sterga
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    zamuelpwe said:

I don't think Dark powerset nemesis directly have regen. Rather, it has heal on hit and I've seen some tanking characters just try to muscle through instead of blocking.

Blocking doesn't help. Shadow Form has a % heal on doing damage with a short internal cd (which cannot be blocked); this % scales with healing strength. This results in really silly amounts of healing when used by NPCs that often have enormous health.
  • magpieuk2014magpieuk2014 Posts: 1,268 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    They should probably level gate Custom Alerts to 25. Level 20s dont really have a place in this, or Forum Malvanum. That's not a bad thing, btw - it keeps up a feeling of development as you level, in a "I unlocked new stuff" sort of way.
    edited May 2018
    aesica said:

I hope you take into consideration that most players on the PTS...etc

It's been a few years now, people can stop saying this. Take the needle off the broken record, we've all heard this one before.

I ran the place with some randos and it went just fine. Doing the standard "beat the boss" is easily puggable. The other two will require some coordination.
This discussion has been closed.