test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Question about the Champions Lore

Are there any notable female zombie, or female irradiate, villains within the lore of Champions?

Comments

• bulgarexbulgarex Posts: 2,310 Arc User
    Hmm... the closest to that that I'm aware of, are the three superheroes killed during the Battle of Detroit, and reanimated by Takofanes during the Blood Moon: Amazing Grace, Eclipse, and Nimbus. I believe it would be possible to rationalize one of them getting out of the Blood Moon loop, at least temporarily.

Otherwise I can't think of any named official supervillainesses who are zombies or irradiates. We do have vampire, ghost, golem, and demon examples, though.
  • dialamxdialamx Posts: 931 Arc User
    Thanks, was asking for a friend, who I believe want to write a song about a zombie villainess in Champions lore
    ... uh, okay. :/

In that case, perhaps you could hit up another member of our community, @bluegrassbeast, whose PC roster includes a female zombie antihero called "Coffin Baby." (I think she's BGB's avatar.) BGB might actually like a song to be written about her PC -- from what I know of CB's history, there's quite a bit to work with. B)
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    I think Necrull might have done something with the heroes killed off by Kigatilik as well, but again, nothing major.
    You like 'em gruesome, dontcha. ;)
    edited April 2018
    Deleted

Generally.I'm coming back into more active playtime with a character who is bound with a Roin'esh partially spliced into her DNA - Symbiote-style, essentially. Been fun so far (thoughI wish I knew Roin'esh naming conventions, if any).

The only named Roin'esh I can find is Kovarl (Champions Beyond pp. 74-75), the Master of Gladiators at the Forum Malvanum (although he disguises himself as a Malvan). CB p. 279 mentions that the Roin'esh home world is called Taroindar.

edited April 2018
    Superficially they sound similar to Malvan names. Note that no one is said to consider "Kovarl" to be an odd name for a Malvan, even though that's specified as his name before he adopted that guise. The Roin'esh have been Malvan slaves for a very long time; it would be reasonable to assume (for game purposes) that they adopted Malvan naming conventions, even their language, as Filipinos adopted Spanish names.

The Malvan language is described as sounding similar to Spanish or Portuguese, but with some elements like Japanese. Malvans typically have a given first name and a family second name. However, family ties aren't particularly strong (artificial wombs and nanny-bots will do that), so many Malvans rarely use their family names. Unfortunately Terala Shain is the only named Malvan I could find identified as female. Other names include:

Ariax Thone
    Storax Erg
    Qarnos Chaile
    Toronec Surl
    Telxaxares Qonor
    Brean Glimor
    Jethaka Tarel
    Kanrok
    Heddras
    Valzad
    Athulos
    Haran
    Meliaros
    Seltaru (family name)
    Attakon Marrath-ta-Javalka (a member of Malva's royal family)

Heddras is the only one of those not identified as male.
  • canadascottcanadascott Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    Yes, And Thone not Throne, Cryptic. :)
    /CanadaBanner4.jpg
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User

I think Necrull might have done something with the heroes killed off by Kigatilik as well, but again, nothing major.

I played the mission where you go to Canada and kick Necrull's butt today. There was no sign of any "super" zombies other than Necrull himself.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters

Yes, And Thone not Throne, Cryptic. :)

And this is the guy who named Firewing "Ariax Thone" for the PnP game in the first place, so he should know.

I played the mission where you go to Canada and kick Necrull's butt today. There was no sign of any "super" zombies other than Necrull himself.
    Zombies really aren't supposed to be Necrull's thing, anyway. He's not a necromancer, he's a scientist obsessed with finding a cure for death. But his science has gone down very strange, dark paths. Rather like crossing Victor Frankenstein with Josef Mengele, and throwing in a hefty dose of the Vidiians from Star Trek: Voyager.
    edited April 2018
    I went and re-looted his cave because there are skill nodes there I couldn't access the first time since they require tier 4 skill. While there I screenshotted all of Necrull's research notes.
    Summary: Necrull's experiments were working TOO well, but the power of that drove him mad, and may have taken over his mind. Why? that's the real question. Necrull himself speculated that there was an outside force affecting him and giving him more power.

Also... where does that portal go? I have no idea.... But closing it is one of the mission objectives inside the cave.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
    It sounds like there were seeds planted that the scaled-down Champions developer team hasn't been able to harvest yet. I wonder if they ever will. :(
    I think it's hinting that Necrull's experiments into what was essentially necromancy attracted the attention of the greatest necromancer that Champions earth has ever known.... Takofanes the undying. In part this is due to how similar in appearance Necrull has become to a Turakian Doomlord or Takofanes himself. but also Necrull once refers to himself as "undying".
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
    There is another possibility, especially if we're dealing with a portal to another dimension or plane. Necrull gained his grotesque powers of "necrullitic energy" from a bolt of lightning which somehow "energized" an ancient statue of the god Anubis. It may be that Anubis, or another Egyptian god, has finally taken an interest in him. (The evil god Set has been quite active on Earth in the modern era.)
    edited April 2018
    Ah, good point. A god of death like Anubis matches what Necrull does rather closely.

Also the portal is weird, because.... well you can't see it in this still shot, but there's those grey blocks floating around at random.... but it's otherwise a black void. I panned left and right to look around but there was nothing to see.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
    edited April 2018
    You know, the official Champions villain who goes by the name "Anubis" originally thought he was empowered by and served that god; but later, after he'd repeatedly demonstrated his loyalty and capacity for evil, it was revealed to him that it was actually Set who made him super. Anubis the supervillain is now Set's foremost servant on Earth (and written up in Champions Villains Vol. 3).

So there's a history of Set masquerading as his brother god Anubis; and Anubis is a protective psychopomp, whereas Necrull's malignant powers are more in line with the Lord of Falsehood and Injustice.
    Hmm. That makes sense actually. The portal feels more "dark nether realm" than "land of the dead".
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters

Generally.I'm coming back into more active playtime with a character who is bound with a Roin'esh partially spliced into her DNA - Symbiote-style, essentially. Been fun so far (thoughI wish I knew Roin'esh naming conventions, if any).

I have a symbiote style character. VIPER attempted to clone a dead Roin'esh, but created an unstable creature that couldn't hold a physical shape for very long, before melting back into goo. Using one of their dying soldiers as a test subject, they injected the oozing creature into him. His body completely decomposed, and reformed into a new, physical form that is now the vigilante named Sludge.
    edited May 2018
    Yeah, VIPER in general display few qualms in using agents mortally wounded, or just crippled, as fodder for experiments. The Dragon Branch supers Halfjack, Occulon, and Ripper were all created that way.

Just FYI, there was a minor Champions villain named Sludge who had a long "career" from 1970 until 1997. He was a big, physically powerful, roughly humanoid, gooey mass of toxic waste. Absolutely no reason not to use the name, but it could be fun for role-playing purposes if someone asks if your character is related to him, or maybe is him "reformed." OTOH if you don't want to deal with that, the villainous Sludge was never more than a thug, so could easily have been forgotten by most people by now.

Sludge gets written up in Digital Hero #11.
    bulgarex said:

Just FYI, there was a minor Champions villain named Sludge who had a long "career" from 1970 until 1997. He was a big, physically powerful, roughly humanoid, gooey mass of toxic waste. Absolutely no reason not to use the name, but it could be fun for role-playing purposes if someone asks if your character is related to him, or maybe is him "reformed." OTOH if you don't want to deal with that, the villainous Sludge was never more than a thug, so could easily have been forgotten by most people by now.

Sludge gets written up in Digital Hero #11.

Ahh, didn't know about that. Might be able to work that in for some humorous RP, should anyone mention him.