test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Release Notes 4/26/2018

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,078 Cryptic Developer
Still Standing!
  • We're celebrating! This week enjoy double XP and no tailor fees! All foes in game are also dropping goodie bags with fun devices and titles in them!
  • Logging in will grant you the Still Standing title on your character and the following emotes on your account: Air Guitar, Dance DJ Spin, Cheer Dance, Robot Dance, Shake Hips Dance and Talk Proud.
  • You can also claim the Cosmic Cape costume from the ZEN store for free this week!

May Sub Reward
  • Large Sneakers will be the reward this month.

Misc
  • Added transparency to the Buccaneer feathers. You may have to reapply the costume for this effect to take place.
  • The Dance Emote pack has been removed from the ZEN store.
​​

Comments

• shadowolf505shadowolf505 Posts: 697 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    OMG OMG OMG
    I LOVE THIS PATCH
    :D
    But what devices though...? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)​​
    || Main Tank || DPSer || Healer || CCer || Altoholic || @shadowolf505 in game ||
  • gentlegiantvexxgentlegiantvexx Posts: 321 Community Moderator
    edited April 2018
    Wait, so the dance emote pack is free for good?! Huzzah!!
    Happy days for CO!
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,022 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    kaizerin wrote: »
    The Dance Emote pack has been removed from the ZEN store.
    What a waste of Zen :|​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
    Poor Avianos :c​​
    || Main Tank || DPSer || Healer || CCer || Altoholic || @shadowolf505 in game ||
  • somebobsomebob Posts: 980 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    avianos said:

kaizerin wrote: »

The Dance Emote pack has been removed from the ZEN store.

What a waste of Zen :|​​
    I am MORE than happy to have paid to have 'early access' to the above emotes for...how long now? Multiple years?

I see it as doing my part in giving thanks to those who worked on them to begin with.

Post edited by somebob on
    Owner and Lead Moderator for the Primus Database. Post your Hero today!
    Razira's Primus Database Page
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • garyg07garyg07 Posts: 19 Arc User
    Duh-Duh-Double XP!!! WOOOHOOO!!! I might finally get a couple of my 40 someodd alt's leveled XD. Plus Free Stuff, who doesn't love free stuff! Thanks Guys!!
    garyg07 wrote: »
    Duh-Duh-Double XP!!! WOOOHOOO!!! I might finally get a couple of my 40 someodd alt's leveled XD. Plus Free Stuff, who doesn't love free stuff! Thanks Guys!!

We should grind together to 40 :D I got 3 toons that need leveling right now :>​​
    edited April 2018

We should grind together to 40 :D I got 3 toons that need leveling right now :>​​
    I'm game, debating if I even want to bother with the fresh cosmics after reset or just start xp grind. Also a pretty good time to pop a couple of the xp buffs I have stored away perhaps, I normally wait till i'm in the high 30's to use them, but most of the time I forget I have them lol
    garyg07 wrote: »

We should grind together to 40 :D I got 3 toons that need leveling right now :>

I'm game, debating if I even want to bother with the fresh cosmics after reset or just start xp grind. Also a pretty good time to pop a couple of the xp buffs I have stored away perhaps, I normally wait till i'm in the high 30's to use them, but most of the time I forget I have them lol

Lmao, I might do the fresh cosmics too but after grab the toons for their double xp boost then grind and grind til 40 :3​​
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    kaizerin said:

Added transparency to the Buccaneer feathers. You may have to reapply the costume for this effect to take place.​​

What do you mean by "reapply"? Do you mean get the item again, i.e. opening more lockboxes to get it or buying it from AH/trading for it?
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
    Added transparency to the Buccaneer feathers. You may have to reapply the costume for this effect to take place.

What do you mean by "reapply"? Do you mean get the item again, i.e. opening more lockboxes to get it or buying it from AH/trading for it?

Taking it off and putting it back on.​​
    I'd imagine just going into tailor, and taking it off then putting it back on Zenith

Taking it off and putting it back on.​​

Cool, thanks for that :)

zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
    Taking it off and putting it back on.

Cool, thanks for that :)

No problem, I've seen this sort of thing happen on PTS before so when I saw "re-apply" I knew what to do. :D​​
  • zamuelpwezamuelpwe Posts: 668 Arc User
    Also, speech bubbles in cutscenes are back.
    "Interesting builds are born from limitations not by letting players put everything into one build."

-Sterga
    edited April 2018
    Thanks for fixing those feathers, btw @kaizerin

garyg07 said:

I'd imagine just going into tailor, and taking it off then putting it back on Zenith

TY mate
    zrdRBy8.png
  • sekhmet46sekhmet46 Posts: 175 Arc User
    Double XP, no tailor fee, free emotes, free sky cape, vague goodie bags...

What's not to love? :D
  • redcastle56redcastle56 Posts: 133 Arc User
    zamuelpwe said:

Maybe you should have led with that.
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    zamuelpwe said:

Yay, we can now read the lame dialog again!
  • chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    Still no Mini Cape Torn...
    I'm so TORN about this! such a simple suggestion fallen on deaf ears.

Anyway, can anyone in the dev team tell what the possible contents of those goodie bags? A little info won't hurt.

EDIT:
    This music seemed appropriate
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-dEOCXn_Cyw
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    You don’t get what you want when you ask for it randomly...just like everyone else.

You added it as a suggestion, so drop it.
  • dialamxdialamx Posts: 931 Arc User
    Any info on the Space Nemesis mission that was advertised? I see it's not in the notes.
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,315 Arc User
    edited April 2018

OMG OMG OMG

I LOVE THIS PATCH

:D

But what devices though...? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)​​

So far I've been getting Family-Size Water Balloons, Tacos, and a couple of Titles - had "Sir", now I've added "Impervious" to Oread. The goodie bags drop pretty liberally, too.

Oh, BTW, Kai - any chance whatsoever that the pattern for the Sky Cape could one day be applied to a bodysuit? That would be ideal for Starfall, and quite suitable for a few other concepts I have in mind.
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Damn liberallies!
  • so, i've heard ingame that therakiel's sword is a rare potential drop from the bags

@kaizerin can you confirm if it is or not?​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    zamuelpwe said:

Prob the most important part of the update! :D
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,387 Arc User
    So has anyone seen this cosmic cape yet? I'm not sure what it is or if I already have it unlocked.
  • it's in the zen store under the New tab​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User

so, i've heard ingame that therakiel's sword is a rare potential drop from the bags

You should bear in mind the person who started that rumor...
  • that's why i'm asking a dev directly - that's the only word i'll trust​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
  • stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User
    "You can also claim the Cosmic Cape costume from the ZEN store for free this week!"

You know you have to put in a whole bunch of Cosmic stuff in the game now, right? Tights. Hair. Auras. Travel Powers. Vehicles. Weapon Skins. And more cape patterns that can use the Cosmic look.​​
    YouTube - Steam - Twitter
    [at]riviania Member since Aug 2009
  • kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,078 Cryptic Developer
    Temp event devices and titles drop from the still standing bag, nothing else.​​
  • wingedkagoutiwingedkagouti Posts: 565 Arc User
    sterga said:

"You can also claim the Cosmic Cape costume from the ZEN store for free this week!"

You know you have to put in a whole bunch of Cosmic stuff in the game now, right? Tights. Hair. Auras. Travel Powers. Vehicles. Weapon Skins. And more cape patterns that can use the Cosmic look.​​

You mean like the Cosmic Knight Costume Set?
    edited April 2018

You mean like the Cosmic Knight Costume Set?

No, more like using the new cosmic materials (as on the cosmic cape that was released on live, yesterday) on more stuff.

zrdRBy8.png
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,022 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    I have to say, the Cosmic Cape's material is amazing :+1:
    Shame it's only available for the back, I wish it was available as a neck cape (Aka Archer's cape) so i can use it with Wings​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
    edited April 2018
    A skin or tight option would be awesome.

Having that material for the Destroyer cape would be fun too
  • gentlegiantvexxgentlegiantvexx Posts: 321 Community Moderator
    And Speech bubbles are back!!
  • waybig#9760 waybig Posts: 76 Arc User
    well that sounds nice!
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,315 Arc User
    Okay, Kais, you can let the bean-counters know that a Cosmic materials set would sell in the store. :smile:
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • psychicslugpsychicslug Posts: 722 Arc User
    I predict the new Cosmic lock box with star surf board travel power and cosmic knight costume sets
  • talaparitalapari Posts: 14 Arc User
    The Cosmic Cape looks fantastic, but can't apply it. "The Change made the costume invalid"
    uc?id=1hYNDw2qpS_hNp9F__9OJHsJoL5wtuDdm
  • jasinblazejasinblaze Posts: 1,360 Arc User
    melphyx2 said:

Stuff that i paid real life money, now devs are giving away to non-gold accounts.
    If devs continue giving away gold-account-stuff why they still selling suscription?

it's not a big deal, adventure packs used to cost zen
  • qawsadaqawsada Posts: 736 Arc User
    It encourage players to stay in the game and hope it would cause them to buy their stuff. I would say it did work when they had that free FF slot event. I stay in the game, enjoy the game immensely, and bought their LTS many months after that free FF slot event.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User

melphyx2 said:

Stuff that i paid real life money, now devs are giving away to non-gold accounts.
    If devs continue giving away gold-account-stuff why they still selling suscription?

it's not a big deal, adventure packs used to cost zen
    Ralistically, that sort of thinking would mean never giving away or having sales on ANYTHING sold in the zen store, at all ever.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • pwestolemynamepwestolemyname Posts: 978 Arc User
    The moral of the story is, more cosmic material costumes = printing money.
    - - - - -
    SIGNATURE:
    Used to be coach on the forums. Still @coach in game.
  • beezeezebeezeeze Posts: 927 Arc User
    melphyx2 said:

Those things you bought have likely been around for years and will only be available free for a limited time I believe...
    now if you bought that dance pack a couple weeks ago I can understand feeling burned. Also for all of us who have paid for and owned those emotes for a long time, they even tossed in one extra that was previously unavailable.