test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Champions Online is Now the Longest Running Superhero MMO!

Champions Online is now officially the longest running superhero MMO in history! We'll have more information in the coming days about how we're going to celebrate - but for now, we want to hear from you! Post in this thread your favorite Champions memories!

Comments

• ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    My favorite Champion moment....

Having hands!

Actually it’s the tailor and the massive creative possibility. I have played Champions Online more than any game in my life.
  • beezeezebeezeeze Posts: 927 Arc User

I have played Champions Online more than any game in my life.

Same.

• jonesing4jonesing4 Posts: 800 Arc User
    Yeah, it’s hard to beat the first time I fired it up and tried to make my first costume. So many options, so much customization... has only improved since then, of course. Hitting 40 on my first character was also cool, but I’m numb to that by now.

This is a pretty cool achievement, congrats and thanks to all who’ve had a hand in keeping my favorite game up and running for so long!
  • darqaura2darqaura2 Posts: 932 Arc User
    Favorite moment: The day the Alpha launched. :)
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    Long live CO!

And also a big hand to all the players that have stuck with this game through thick and thin :+1:

.... this is just a tiny portion of 'em.
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    Woo! Go Champs! Can't wait to see what you guys have in store for us to celebrate this awesomeness!

Edit: I love the design on this. I wish our in-game UI looked like this!
    biffsig.jpg
  • gentlegiantvexxgentlegiantvexx Posts: 321 Community Moderator
    And many more years to come~! <3
  • chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    I can't believe you guys actually recorded all that.

CO is the only game I always comeback to. Shame Marvel/DC could never catch my attention like CO has.

Long Live CO!
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • atlassarnosianatlassarnosian Posts: 169 Arc User

And many more years to come~! <3</p>

We can only hope there's many more years to come of CO. Now with some real competition underway unsure, we can move things along!
    @atlassarnosian
    Banner.png
    Playing CO since August 25, 2012
    Lifetime sub since July 6, 2017

YouTube|Steam|DeviantArt|FurAffinity
    "Don't call me lizard!"
  • deadman20deadman20 Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    It's been a pleasure playing, and I'll continue to enjoy CO for as long as it stands! Here's to several more years of non-stop hero action!​​
    Steam Guide to Modifications and Equipment (Champions Online) - DZPlayer's Builds (Last updated: 3/26/2018)
    And I will always be @DZPlayer122.

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,022 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    There is NO other MMORPG with such amazing character costumization like CO normal-1.gif

Has it been recorded how many Hours players have spent in Tailor?​​
    Post edited by avianos on
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,424 Arc User
    Well, this is the only MMO I have played, but I have been a fan of superheroes for 50+ years and played the original PNP when it first came out (ran a long running campaign and many events at cons myself). Even played at some cons with the original developers. For me the biggest thrill was just finding this game. Since I have never played any other MMO I assumed for many years that the CO costume creator was the norm. I remember leveling my main (that avatar guy) and reading comments about Lemuria, MI and VB and wondering if that poor Blade AT could handle it :) I still remember how much I enjoyed the VBA the first time I ran it. That was a very nice piece of work. Other good moment was going LTS (on sale) best $200 in entertainment ever spent.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    Oh my goodness! Awesome!!! Long Live Champions Online!

CO was my second MMO after a little stint in CoX...it captured my attention and although it has fluctuated over time, it's always found a way to get me as interested in it as I was when I first discovered it.

I attribute that to the community which was quite rich and flush with amazing players and thankfully still is today.

My favorite moment is always perfecting a look and then finding small or big ways to make it even better!
  • ghost#7389 ghost Posts: 29 Arc User
    yes..best character customization options eeeever...love the game and the community, especially the people in my SG - Paragon Dawn, and my favorite moment - becoming Level 40 with my first character =)
    Characters: Cybrax - DJ of SinAmatic Entertainment Radio - http://my.powerstream.live:8800/
  • warcanchwarcanch Posts: 1,069 Arc User
    My friend and I played many themed pairs but would usually start another because a new concept pair idea would pop up. However, our paired aliens, Gray and Grey, with character map speech and emotes, were run almost non-stop up to 40. We had a blast with them, with the power choices really falling into place and other players getting a kick out of our alien speech.

-=-=-=-=-=-(CO in-game handle: @WarCan )-=-=-=-=-=-
    "Okay, you're DEAD, what do you do NEXT?"
  • venemesisvenemesis Posts: 16 Arc User
    My favorite moment, aside from playing for the first time, was being able to create a character whose concept I had in mind for years (both costume and look of powers)!

That eventually led me to bringing out all of my old drawings and seeing how close I could come to creating all me preconceived characters.

The level of customization will never be matched. Thank you CO and company for keeping us fans elated for so many years!
    "Enlightenment is knowing how much you don't know"
  • alt0angel0skalt0angel0sk Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    8 years of CO for me

<3 Champions Online <3

Love the tailoring in this game,lost count on how many times i been in the tailor =)
  • kamokamikamokami Posts: 1,633 Arc User
    Favorite moment was the launch of Vibora Bay. Hooray CO!
  • lezard21lezard21 Posts: 1,510 Arc User
    My favorite moment was the launch of QWZ cause all the bosses had new mechanics that we had to adjust to and find and alter the strategies we used
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    If only all those people who predicted the game would die each year were here to see this, but sadly they all died o3o irony.
  • garyg07garyg07 Posts: 19 Arc User
    Highlights over the years: Mind Blowing Creation System when I logged in for the 1st time. Realizing 2 character slots and 2 costume slots just wasn't going to cut it. My first Costume Contest win. 1st level 40 char, the hard way, no alerts no power leveling =P, followed by immediately hosting my 1st Costume Contest in celebration. I've had to walk away from this game a few times over the years for one reason or another but something about it always draws me back and I'm always pleasantly surprised to see some familiar faces when I come back. Here's to many more years to come guys and gals!
  • theglasskittentheglasskitten Posts: 175 Arc User
    This is awesome news! Congrats Champions!

One of my favorite moments was the very first time I made it to Ren Cen seeing all of the creative and unique characters people had created.
    ╔══╗
    ╚╗╔╝
    ╔╝(¯v´¯)
    ╚══.¸Menagerie
  • mawaynemawayne Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    Woohoo! Congrats CO! I started playing in the Beta and I'm still loving the game! Can't wait to see what you have planned... :)

Favorite moment was the appearance of "The Old Man" in Resistance.

My favorite memory is being able to create and bring to life characters I’ve grown to love, with so many customization options; it’s what I enjoy most about the game and a gift that keeps on giving.
    Long live CO!!!
  • voodookatvoodookat Posts: 15 Arc User
    Woot! Congrats Champions! I am hard pressed to recall a favorite memory... there have been many good times over the years... But recently, I have to say, the search for Wibbles was a source of much smiles.
  • solhusetsolhuset Posts: 40 Arc User
    I'd say my favorite moment(s) is simply chillin' with my SG homies, sappy as it may sound.
    Ah, and duoing elite serpent lantern in the low 20's long before knowing how to build.
  • flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,740 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    thanks for the shoutout below, Ealford. I appreciate it.

And I def appreciate the devs and players for helping to keep this game going- through thick and thin. Even after playing other MMOs and titles, few can stand up to CO's sense of customization and hero possibilities. Here's to many more years of it, yea?

*cheers*

(Also, infographics are neat :X )
    Post edited by flowcyto on
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
    Stupid forum.
    > @ealford1985 said:
    > Stupid forum.

This seems likes a good a thread as any to call out some people who I believe have been crucial part of the community. These forums and in game players have gone above and beyond in helping players and improving the state of the game.

@forutnefire known as Flare in game has been a big part of the Costume Contest community in recent years. Many people (who I couldn’t even begin to name) have been crucial in helping him keep the channel and events running.

@flowcyto not enough can be said about Flow who never fails to give helpful build advice. He is the master of the build sub forum. And has made the game enjoyable for many by taking time out of his day to help you fight as the hero that you want to be.

@jasinblaze has been around these neck of the woods for some time, his alt count proves it. He has taken it upon himself to build a wiki for CO after the last one kicked the bucket. Jasin and the wiki teams efforts show the love and dedication that players have for this, not just for themselves but for the community. Please support these guys.

@bulgarex is Mr. Lore. If you had a question regarding the Hero Games or any type of facts about the pen and paper game, he is your man. Multiple times I have found a thread regarding characters in CO and I just wait to see what bulgarex has to say because I know it will be detailed and very informative. It’s players like this that add more depth to the game and show that Champions still has more story to tell.

@eiledon in and out of game has always been helpful to players regarding concepts or general tutorial help. He designed (along with @necratech009) one of the, if not the most influential and most used costume set in the game, the holoforce and psi dragon set. Even his primus page shows his love for the game and being a heavy altaholic. As I did not have the pleasure of knowing the late @angelofcain, @eiledon and now @chaelk continue to to honor him by keeping record of all the alts.

@kaizerin before she was your one stop dev shop, she was (and still is) a passionate player. Taking it upon herself to categlog a vast amount of the costumes and those related to content in game. She unfortunately now has a game to develop and was unable to continue, but her time as just a little old player shows that this game needs people like her, willing to improve the quality and experience.

@bluhman who hasn’t seen one of Bluh’s creation? Not only is he a remarkable tailor but one of his steam walkthrough regarding specs and powers was the best I had seen. Helped me out a lot wondering what power I should use. Bluh is one of many players that not only encourages to create but shows player there is no limit to what you can make. Some in game player that I would like to recognize are also @downside, @slapperfish, @themightyzenith, @ethargy, These players are so amazing at design they make you demand perfection from yourself.

@kamokami Another example of a player who wants the game and the community to succeed. Builds...walkthrough...guides...crushing Destroyer. @kamokami has what you need. She has many threads end game builds and what you need to optimize your potential builds. For someone like me...I wouldn’t have a single clue where to begin on being a healer, but don’t worry! We got a thread for that.

@biffsmackwell well...they can’t all be winners.
    ——————————————

There are so many players including the great team of guys at primusdatabase that a simple paragraph wouldn’t do them justice. If anything it proves this game isn’t just built on the backs of a few players, but many working together. Doing their parts. Learning. Building. Creating a home for a close and disfuntional band of heroes. I have always been proud of being apart of this game, even times I wish it was better I still hold onto faith that as long as we have heroes, this game will thrive.

Thank you Champions.
  • riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    With all the money I've spent on CO over the years - I'd have been better off buying a lifetime membership!!!!

With that said.. can someone stand on a PWI executive's desk and wave that Nemesis data in front of their face? This game has two amazing/unique things going for it. The incredible versatile costume creator and the Nemesis system. Give us more opportunities to see our Nemi's in game and maybe upgrade the system a little!

This game is amazing and I sometimes wish the folks at PWI would see it and throw some love our way.
    Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!
  • blockwaveblockwave Posts: 329 Arc User
    My favorite moment was my first Eido run, or my first TA run, when I saw new mechanics that you need to learn, that this game end-game was a thing.

• spordeliaspordelia Posts: 460 Arc User
    spordelia said:

blah blah blah

Also: 'Leave Current Map'. #NeverForget
  • This seems likes a good a thread as any to call out some people who I believe have been crucial part of the community. These forums and in game players have gone above and beyond in helping players and improving the state of the game.

*snipped for space and sanity*

you forgot a name in that list...if there's any one player who personifies 'above and beyond in helping players and improving the state of the game', it's @gentlegiantvexx, who not only spends most of his time ingame delivering build advice, helping players new and old with troubling missions either directly or just offering tips to get past the tricky parts, he also runs one of the friendliest channels in the game for much more of that same build advice, mission help and even cosmic, TA and rampage run organizations

this pup is a true pillar of the community and an inspiration to all CO players​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
    I like the fact that it is totally "not" thundrax right up there in the first infographic.(it is not him because no maple leaf see?)Also fighting a mega destroid on the great wall of china. dig it.

• alt0angel0skalt0angel0sk Posts: 137 Arc User
    big thanks to @gentlegiantvexx for being such helpfull and awsome person :)
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User

big thanks to @gentlegiantvexx for being such helpfull and awsome person :)

ANd also for being big and furry and letting everyone crawl into his fur.
    yeah Vexx is pretty great... shout out to other players who are also pretty great!(yall probably know who I mean x.x )

• itsbrou#5396 itsbrou Posts: 1,777 Arc User
    *toots party horn and spins noisemaker*
    Brou in Cryptic games.
  • gentlegiantvexxgentlegiantvexx Posts: 321 Community Moderator
    D'aww shucks, thanks y'all. Anything to keep this game thriving and in top spirits!
    There's a lot more to arrive, and not just from the CO Devs~! ;)<3
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,424 Arc User
    Well, I could use a DUC if you want to keep my spirits thriving ;)
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User

Congarats, Champions Online!
    52 years in pug years!
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • nbkxsnbkxs Posts: 766 Arc User
    My favorite moment has to be when we were in a TA, and the main tank rode the gold-bubble-road, then I knew, at that very moment that my threat wasn't on the level of the kamokamis, and it was like time stood still in those milliseconds of anticipation to what was coming next. I waited for it, staring across the room right at my ill-fated collegue, who was them promptly launched into oblivion. Complete with a jfc over voice-comms to go with it.
    [NbK]XStorm
  • kamokamikamokami Posts: 1,633 Arc User

There are so many players including the great team of guys at primusdatabase that a simple paragraph wouldn’t do them justice. If anything it proves this game isn’t just built on the backs of a few players, but many working together. Doing their parts. Learning. Building. Creating a home for a close and disfuntional band of heroes. I have always been proud of being apart of this game, even times I wish it was better I still hold onto faith that as long as we have heroes, this game will thrive.

Thank you Champions.

Thanks for the shouts!
    nbkxs said:

My favorite moment has to be when we were in a TA, and the main tank rode the gold-bubble-road, then I knew, at that very moment that my threat wasn't on the level of the kamokamis, and it was like time stood still in those milliseconds of anticipation to what was coming next. I waited for it, staring across the room right at my ill-fated collegue, who was them promptly launched into oblivion. Complete with a jfc over voice-comms to go with it.

Glad I could be part of your favorite moment storm :p
  • xrazamaxxrazamax Posts: 979 Arc User
    My favorite memory is probably the first time I ever tried to form a team. I found this random stranger sitting in front of the power house named Caliga, and then some random people from who all groaned when they joined team up and saw Caliga was in my team already.

Then finally getting the rare Therakiel Blade drop after running it with my SG for a whole summer. That was pretty sweet.

Also the first time I won a Costume Contest. I was like:

• lior1342lior1342 Posts: 3 Arc User
    as a Veteran player, since 2009-2010.

The good times I had , it was Bloodmoons events of 2011-2012!

The Second one(its even better then the first one) memory,to having fun in one of the hero games ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE SURVIVAL !!! ,!! (BTW its not only me, I've heard it from many veteran players) the new players they do not even know what it's all about, cuz they never had the chance to play at those hero games.
    If I can give an idea, change the hero games reward, exchange it from acclaim to recognition, and you'll see more people playing it.
    Or , just change the npc reward , to be more attreactive to play it once again!

• theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    In addition to what I've already said, I think one of my favorite moments in CO was planning and running my Cosmic Key Event for the community, I was blown away by the support from those who helped out! Managed to run it for three years (annually)...and hopefully I can bring it back one day (working on it).
  • grondgrindergrondgrinder Posts: 19 Arc User
    Big love to all you players, all champions and all our devs. <3<3<3

Starting back at 2011 as silver it was a rush just to make the first toon and exploring. When FF was made available to the wider public it just gave me more incentive to keep on going. My golden moment must be when I turned lifetime, as it opened up whole new avenues. I will hang on til the end. ;)

If it is anything CO has given me it is an incredible chance to design and conceptualize characters, which I love. A real outlet to be creative, fantastic or just outright crazy.

Keep on being awesome, creative and ever so loveable, champs! =)
    "Thumbs up for the triumph of the human spirit, or thumbs down to summon a day of holocaust that will never end?" - Glorious Godfrey
  • Favorite moment? Getting an email from a friend that they had removed travel cancels from every mob after swearing the game off due to them.

Least favorite moment? Grinding for Travel devices. To rank 3. Three times. Yeah.
    ADD Altaholic known as @Rejolt in game. I'm a dork, but hopefully a harmless one.