test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Release notes 4/19/2018

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,092 Cryptic Developer
Misc
  • Corrected a color map issue with the Buccaneer Shoulders.
  • Changed the quality of the Swashbuckler costume item from purple to gold.
​​

Comments

• Options
    jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,431 Arc User
    Oooh, there must be something big coming soon. Haven't had a real content update i ages.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • Options
    lezard21lezard21 Posts: 1,510 Arc User
    BUT

...the Buccaneer boot scaling...

No?

• Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    OOPS, it's nothing​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    lezard21 said:

BUT

...the Buccaneer boot scaling...

No?

:+1:

And the gloves, and the sword.

zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • Options
    reeper18reeper18 Posts: 7 Arc User
    For the love of all that is holy please let us use a shrinker and a super mag at the same time again ;-;
  • Options
    ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    Good luck with that.
  • Options
    chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    reeper18 said:

For the love of all that is holy please let us use a shrinker and a super mag at the same time again ;-;

Let it go. Devs will never let something so exploitable exist. That's why they "fixed" it. Their word is law. *shrug*
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • Options
    sekhmet46sekhmet46 Posts: 175 Arc User
    > @jaazaniah1 said:
    > Oooh, there must be something big coming soon. Haven't had a real content update i ages.

We just got a new lockbox last week...
  • Options
    wrathsoul1wrathsoul1 Posts: 679 Arc User
    sekhmet46 said:

> @jaazaniah1 said:

> Oooh, there must be something big coming soon. Haven't had a real content update i ages.

Since when lockboxes are considered real content?
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    sekhmet46 said:

he means big content update, like a big new fight or a new zone or something like that
  • Options
    criswolf09criswolf09 Posts: 748 Arc User
    Well. the next big thing is Single Blade getting a review as kaiserin previously said.
    Useful Guides about Archetypes and General Gameplay of the Game Click Here
  • Options
    jeeb51jeeb51 Posts: 78 Arc User
    reeper18 said:

WHY??... wouldn't that make you normal sized ??... basically canceling each other out... either or, back to the AH waiting for the costume pieces to slowly go down to "normal" pricing... 8D
  • Options
    Not really a big thing. That's just more of the same. It's nice to have tweaked power sets, better to have thoughtfully implemented new content!

Well. the next big thing is Single Blade getting a review as kaiserin previously said.

JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
  • Options
    reeper18reeper18 Posts: 7 Arc User
    jeeb51 said:

reeper18 said:

WHY??... wouldn't that make you normal sized ??... basically canceling each other out... either or, back to the AH waiting for the costume pieces to slowly go down to "normal" pricing... 8D
    No no no, you see when you used the shrinker and the super mag together it was like having a few stacks of enrage growth so you were not a giant but bigger then normal and it was really useful for making toons without enrage a bit bigger.

Ok i have a better pitch if you guys dont want to bring the shrink mag combo back at least make another one in the Z-store that makes you slightly bigger but not gigantic.
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    Or maybe put few more feets in the Character Creator's height slider....
    :#
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    reeper18 said:

Ok i have a better pitch if you guys dont want to bring the shrink mag combo back at least make another one in the Z-store that makes you slightly bigger but not gigantic.

Already suggested shortly after the devices were fixed. I think the devs said they would look into it?
  • Options
    ayala725ayala725 Posts: 18 Arc User
    I just wanna be able to scale the torso length like in STO. But i know thats asking cubes to fit through sphere holes.

As Youthful As Life Allows.

• Options
    ayala725 said:

I just wanna be able to scale the torso length like in STO. But i know thats asking cubes to fit through sphere holes.

Depends how big the hole is ;)

zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • Options
    chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    It will fit in. If you force it enough.
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User

Or maybe put few more feets in the Character Creator's height slider....
    :#

That won't do.

If the slider is changed, a large amount of folks will immediately make their toons taller. The folks who want to have a toon taller than most others won't stand out.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    Those were the shortest 5 Minutes I have ever seen​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    crowcaine#6416 crowcaine Posts: 21 Arc User
    WHO BROKE THE SERVER! lol no seriously can we get some Dev action on what's going on? We don't like being left in the dark.....it's just so.....dark.
  • Options
    mikearclightmikearclight Posts: 1 Arc User
    Launcher says:
    "We will be performing emergency shard maintenance on April 20 from 11:45 AM - 1:45 PM Pacific. Please check the forums."
    Well, I'm here; where's my update?
  • Options
    It’s still isn’t 1:45 pst.
  • Options
    garyg07garyg07 Posts: 19 Arc User
    Wooooo! Everybody do the Server Crash Dance!! <[*<] <[*^] ^[*]^ [^*]> [>*]>
  • Options
    venemesisvenemesis Posts: 16 Arc User
    Perhaps it is something big concerning the announcement that CO is now the longest running super hero MMO in history.

:o
    "Enlightenment is knowing how much you don't know"
  • Options
    ls975ls975 Posts: 50 Arc User
    garyg07 said:

Are you trying to do the fusion dance? Don't you need two people for that?
  • Options
    revanantmoriturirevanantmorituri Posts: 391 Arc User
    ls975 said:

garyg07 said:

Are you trying to do the fusion dance? Don't you need two people for that?
    It's more related to the Safety Dance. but you can dance if you want to.
    -
    Formerly @Seschat pre PWEmerger. @Seschat on the Titan boards.

Supporter of the Titan Project.
  • Options
    guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,392 Arc User
    kaizerin said:

Misc

Changed the quality of the Swashbuckler costume item from purple to gold.

​​
    Does this increase the rarity or reduce it?
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    guyhumual wrote: »
    Does this increase the rarity or reduce it?
    It's a Z-store item​​
  • Options
    Neither..... you get it automatically when you buy the latest Swashbuckler key pack
    zrdRBy8.png
  • Options
    guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,392 Arc User
    So this is the sword that comes with the 20 key pack? I thought it was the costume box you get from the lockbox.
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    guyhumual said:

So this is the sword that comes with the 20 key pack? I thought it was the costume box you get from the lockbox.

Put it this way....... the sword comes as an added extra when you buy the new key pack. It's not really a drop but more a free gift type of deal. You don't have to use any of the cosmic keys to get it, it comes with the pack.
    zrdRBy8.png
  • Options
    draogndraogn Posts: 1,269 Arc User

guyhumual said:

Put it this way....... the sword comes as an added extra when you buy the new key pack. It's not really a drop but more a free gift type of deal. You don't have to use any of the cosmic keys to get it, it comes with the pack.

You mean it's the only reason to buy that new pack.
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    No. It’s one of a bunch of reason to buy it. You also get mods and oh yeah...keys.

Just an extra couple of reasons to buy it.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    yeah those bundles are cheaper than buying keys normally.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    draogn said:

You mean it's the only reason to buy that new pack.

Um, no. What I mean is what I posted. Any misinterpretation is entirely your own

zrdRBy8.png
  • Options

No it's not, it's the same cost. A pack of 10 keys costs 900z in CO. The only difference is the bundle has extra stuff, in this case aside from the costume piece it's filled with a bunch of clutter.
  • Options
    But if you buy keys, they are a much better deal.
  • Options
    draogn said:

No it's not, it's the same cost. A pack of 10 keys costs 900z in CO. The only difference is the bundle has extra stuff, in this case aside from the costume piece it's filled with a bunch of clutter.

You can sell the extra items and make some Gs, or use/unlock them if they are something you actually wanted (thereby saving yourself some Gs from buying them from others)..... thus making the pack cheaper in the long run than the 10 packs.

zrdRBy8.png
  • Options
    nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    spinnytop said:

sekhmet46 said:

he means big content update, like a big new fight or a new zone or something like that
    Or just a big continent sized lockbox.
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • Options
    Maybe because they had 2 packs relatively close together?

Wouldn't it be cool if the new space/Nemesis content could only be unlocked for each customer by buying a key pack! ;)

draogn said:

and i have seen that each time the stuff has gotten less useful and more just filler, i mean they did put a side kick in one a few times but now its not the case. with this last one they did not even put on in at all. But then again they did put out two for the fire revamp so maybe this next one will be back to the usual. Seeing as it is single blade maybe a rabbit Samurai or something kind of different like a stave fighter or a reformed Cult of The Red Banner who throws spears or something.
    JwLmWoa.png
  • Options
    nepht said:

Or just a big continent sized lockbox.

I'd put a key in it
  • Options

Maybe because they had 2 packs relatively close together?

Wouldn't it be cool if the new space/Nemesis content could only be unlocked for each customer by buying a key pack! ;)

draogn said:

and i have seen that each time the stuff has gotten less useful and more just filler, i mean they did put a side kick in one a few times but now its not the case. with this last one they did not even put on in at all. But then again they did put out two for the fire revamp so maybe this next one will be back to the usual. Seeing as it is single blade maybe a rabbit Samurai or something kind of different like a stave fighter or a reformed Cult of The Red Banner who throws spears or something.
    No, that wouldn't be cool. They don't need more advice on how to make the game even more about wallet warriors and gambling.
  • Options
    whatever keeps the game going