test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Release Notes 4/12/2018

2»

Comments

• markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User

but we all know, once live.....

any changes get tossed into the "we'll get around to it" bin.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,428 Arc User
    See my comment on: https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/championsonline/#/discussion/comment/12802818

kaizerin said:

Due to a lot of super neat things we're working on in the background we weren't able to have this box on PTS for the usual round of testing time! We apologize!
    ​​
    I have not seen anyone guess what this could be. Maybe because you are setting yourselves up for disappointment?

Customization sidekicks? Brand new powers like elemental melee or shield n Staff? New area?
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • ls975ls975 Posts: 50 Arc User

kaizerin said:

Due to a lot of super neat things we're working on in the background we weren't able to have this box on PTS for the usual round of testing time! We apologize!
    ​​
    I have not seen anyone guess what this could be. Maybe because you are setting yourselves up for disappointment?

Customization sidekicks? Brand new powers like elemental melee or shield n Staff? New area?
    Is it a buttock slider? I hope it's a buttock slider!
  • stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User
    The pirate clothes mostly look like they could pass for 17th century men's fashion, which would be during the golden age of piracy. Even the sword works. No where near flamboyant enough though. Colors on the preview and the model are all wrong.

Even though it looks kinda like the Oni 2.0 box, it's not hilariously inaccurate. (Well, the shoulders... are they supposed to be shells?) Wouldn't have minded more fancy jewelry, feathers, and sashes though. Buy hey, new belt accessory. Yay.​​
    YouTube - Steam - Twitter
    [at]riviania Member since Aug 2009
  • darqaura2darqaura2 Posts: 932 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    avianos said:

The Ultimate is incredible Sexy, I got 15K Critical while testing it with a lvl 40 character in full Aurum Heirloom set

IT'S JUST LIKE MY JAPANESE RPGS :+1::+1::+1::+1:

Really impressed by it

The costume set feels really rushed, the pants are a reskin of Oni Slayer and the 3 boots are basically the same model

As much as I love costumes, don't feel the need to be hasty and unlock the whole set right now

I like the Short Hairstyle because I need the braids for a character, but the darn thing is so darn rare right now :|​​

That Ultimate sounds like it would be useful at Dino, during the dps check.
  • lezard21lezard21 Posts: 1,510 Arc User

Suggestion: Buccaneer Boots and Buccaneer Strapped Boots seem overly bulky, please scale them down a tad to be more in line with the scale of Buccaneer Steam Boots. Buccaneer Long Gloves also suffer from this problem

+1 this. If it's a pirate themed costume, you are probably gonna use a peg leg...which extremely clashes with the oversized boots. Hope this gets adressed

• guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,391 Arc User
    So the emotes, which only unlock per character, are rare. Why? Shouldn't that be a common or uncommon? Or else unlock for every character on the account?
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    darqaura2 wrote: »
    That Ultimate sounds like it would be useful at Dino, during the dps check.
    Definitely, it's the first Melee Ultimate that was given the Overpowered Debuff so im very happy about that
    And it doesn't seem to scale with only Focus like Fury of the Dragon & Vorpal Blade, so like Devasting Strike anyone with any form can use it

Overpowered Debuff by default, Agro ADV, Knock Down
    This ultimate has a lot of potential for various builds (too bad i can't say the same for the underwelming Fire Ultimate we got...)​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • combatclown81combatclown81 Posts: 86 Arc User
    Can we get a surf option without the board so it looks like the character is surfing on the water itself?
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User

but we all know, once live.....

any changes get tossed into the "we'll get around to it" bin.
    Well perhaps, seeing as the devs have already admitted that this set wasn't on PTS for long enough, they could "get around to it" while the set is still fresh out.

zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • lezard21lezard21 Posts: 1,510 Arc User
    BUG
    Thrash is still accounting for only 1 stack of Bleed for it's healing portion, instead of 5 or whatever amounts of Bleed you apply to target
  • screwthisprocessscrewthisprocess Posts: 186 Arc User
    if it is something to do with lemuria, maybe there will be water powers. Yep I am dreaming.
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    guyhumual said:

So the emotes, which only unlock per character, are rare. Why? Shouldn't that be a common or uncommon? Or else unlock for every character on the account?

It's so Avianos wouldn't completely lose his mind from seeing everyone dipping.
    spinnytop wrote: »
    e7d.jpg

You got your tasteless MAYMAY ingame, now pay the price with it being rare​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
    avianos said:

You got your tasteless MAYMAY ingame, now pay the price with it being rare​​

Dabbin' on that price!
    edited April 2018
    spinnytop wrote: »
    Dabbin' on that price!
    tumblr_p6sv2zREuo1tgaf8lo5_500.png
    But not really, don't take this serious
    DAMN YOU, you exploited the forums to make me look​​
    Well, I lolled, so this has done something right :)
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,391 Arc User
    spinnytop said:

guyhumual said:

Dabbing is a 2015 thing, I'm not interested unless the price drops below 25G and even then I'd have to check if there was anything more worthwhile on sale, I'm more interested in the dance.
  • xparibaxxparibax Posts: 149 Arc User
    BUG!
    The pirate hat feathers have feather-strand texture, but the outline of the "feathers" is still there, so they haven't been 'cut out' so to speak like the feathers on "pirate hat:feather" have been. The texture is lovely, but they look like painted on cardboard instead of real plumes. This would look fabulous fixed! :)

edited April 2018
    Yeah, it was a pretty rushed costume set. This means that not only are there numerous unfixed issues with it, but also.... now that it's live..... we have no way of knowing if/when these issues will be addressed.

Good catch on those feathers btw, Pariba. I knew there was something wrong with them, but I couldn't put my finger on it.
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    <font color=red> Bug: Colors bleed on the shoulders (all squares).
    ((Formatting isn’t working))
    I mean....is this worth mentioning?
  • kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,088 Cryptic Developer
    edited April 2018
    Comments like this:
    I mean....is this worth mentioning?

Make me raise an eyebrow as new costume pieces introduced have a pretty good track record of having any reported bugs addressed. I can only think of a few that have lingering issues (or where it's working as intended). Key word is of course reported bugs, we can't look into them if the bugs aren't reported.

Please report bugs with the set to the costume bug thread: https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/championsonline#/discussion/1203590/costume-bug-list/p5

Reporting bugs in other outlets, be in other chat channels, discord, etc is not the best way to report them as they are easily lost to the void.

Outside of the feather costume posted here (which is working as intended, but adding alpha channels to the texture can be looked into), and the color bleed on the shoulders, I have not received any other bug reports for the set.​​
  • ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    Oh there are plenty of eye raises around here lately.
  • jebidiahbeetus#4643 jebidiahbeetus Posts: 550 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    I've posted about a costume combo bug what appeared after last year's anniversary event on my toon but it's never been addressed. I have proof it was fine before the event because I happened to get a picture of my hero for reference purposes. :/
    edited April 2018
    kaizerin said:

Outside of the feather costume posted here (which is working as intended, but adding alpha channels to the texture can be looked into)

It's clearly visible that the feathers on this costume haven't been finished properly. You can see on the edges that the feathers details haven't been properly cut out. But yeah, I'll put this bug and the others that I already reported for this set in this thread on the costume bug list thread.
    Post edited by themightyzenith on
    zrdRBy8.png
  • xparibaxxparibax Posts: 149 Arc User
    Thanks MG! My picture-hosting site craped out XD But yes: cardboard-edged feathers. they look great except for that wierd edge-thing. :)

• grievehartgrievehart Posts: 192 Arc User
    Is it a trick of my memory or the metallic door at 7144; -27; -2785 in MC wasn't there few weeks ago ?
    I think it's supposed to be the door leading to UNTIL's submarines hangar room.
    This + the buccaneer lockbox rush... Could some naval content or event be close to be released ?

Purely anecdotic, but even if the door is well situated (just behind UNTIL building), there is something wrong.
    According to the design of until submarine hangar room, and the two visual landmarks that should be visible from outside ( the hangar metallic door, and the opening in ground for UNTIL's flying vehicle ), it seems incoherent.
    Note it's not a reproach, we can live with that. I just mention it for the anecdot.

Is it a trick of my memory or the metallic door at 7144; -27; -2785 in MC wasn't there few weeks ago ?
    I think it's supposed to be the door leading to UNTIL's submarines hangar room.
    This + the buccaneer lockbox rush... Could some naval content or event be close to be released ?

Purely anecdotic, but even if the door is well situated (just behind UNTIL building), there is something wrong.
    According to the design of until submarine hangar room, and the two visual landmarks that should be visible from outside ( the hangar metallic door, and the opening in ground for UNTIL's flying vehicle ), it seems incoherent.
    Note it's not a reproach, we can live with that. I just mention it for the anecdot.

I'm pretty sure that door's ben there a while.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • jeeb51jeeb51 Posts: 78 Arc User
    is there ANY way we can get a RUBBER CHICKEN weapon unlocks??... maybe just SINGLE/DUAL BLADE... maybe later on HEAVY WEAPON??
  • kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,088 Cryptic Developer
    There will be no rubber chicken weapons as we are unable to make weapons jiggle like the shoulder/action figure does.​​
  • deadman20deadman20 Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    > @kaizerin said:
    > There will be no rubber chicken weapons as we are unable to make weapons jiggle like the shoulder/action figure does.​​

Darn. Honestly I wouldn't care if it wiggled or not. I just love the idea of watching someone slap a mook with a giant chicken.
    Steam Guide to Modifications and Equipment (Champions Online) - DZPlayer's Builds (Last updated: 3/26/2018)
    And I will always be @DZPlayer122.

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!

kaizerin said:

There will be no rubber chicken weapons as we are unable to make weapons jiggle like the shoulder/action figure does.​​

we have fish, so why not a rubber chicken
    The fish isn't floppy. The description says it's frozen or something.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User

we have fish, so why not a rubber chicken

We could have a chicken. Just not a rubber chicken.
  • mrfreakensteinmrfreakenstein Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    Not seeing the foxbatcon vendor, I thought we had one more day?

There he is, not sure what was up earlier. = ]
    Post edited by mrfreakenstein on
  • ayala725ayala725 Posts: 18 Arc User
    I'm not sure if this has been pointed out in the thread since I posted, but UNTIL Liason Irwin's Mission tracker tracks to his old location near defender.

As Youthful As Life Allows.

ayala725 said:

I'm not sure if this has been pointed out in the thread since I posted, but UNTIL Liason Irwin's Mission tracker tracks to his old location near defender.

yeah it does that every monster week u3u