test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Release Notes 4/12/2018

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,089 Cryptic Developer
edited April 2018 in Release Notes
Lockbox
  • The Buccaneer Box is out this week! Yep, out of the blue pirate stuff.
  • Due to a lot of super neat things we're working on in the background we weren't able to have this box on PTS for the usual round of testing time! We apologize!
  • You can speak with Crowley in the usual spot to see what's inside, he also brought along a coconut tree.

You can get the following items from this lockbox:

Surf Slide travel power + one of three surfboard skins for the travel power.
Introducing Surf Slide travel power! This travel power lets you catch some waves on a board!
Currently the only boards available for this travel power are Basic, Shark, Spiral (lockbox), Stars (lockbox) and Flames (lockbox). But stay tuned! Many of the existing Hoverboard unlocks will be able to be used with this travel power in the future (and vice versa!).

Dip Emote
Comes in classic and extravagant versions.

Joyful Dance Emote
If you still need to be a little silly after Foxbatcon. Comes in one off and looping versions.

Whirling Dragon Blade ultimate power
This Dual Blades ultimate lunges to your target and deals damage in a area effect, it also knocks down targets and applies the Overpower debuff!

Buccaneer Costume Box which can contain one of the following costume:
  • Buccaneer Hat
  • Buccaneer Accessories
  • Buccaneer Short Hair
  • Buccaneer Long Hair
  • Buccaneer Vest
  • Buccaneer Pauldrons
  • Buccaneer Sleeves
  • Buccaneer Gloves
  • Buccaneer Short Gloves
  • Buccaneer Pistol
  • Buccaneer Pants
  • Buccaneer Pouch
  • Buccaneer Boots
  • Buccaneer Strapped Boots
  • Buccaneer Steam Boots

Where's the sidekick?! We decided to not have one in the box this time around. They may return another time, or return in other locations!

ZEN Store
  • The Shaolin Key Pack has been retired.
  • Added Pirate Key Pack, this pack contains 20 Cosmic Keys, 25 rank 5 Jack Fool mods to boost SIngle Blade abilities, a nifty sword weapon skin and a bunch of consumable goodies to help you in battle.

Giant Monster Week is on!
  • Foxbatcon is over, but the vendors will stick around a week if you missed out on buying swag.
  • We've lowered the zone caps on Canada and Monster Island to 35 to address various combat issues that have been escalating over the past few months. This isn't the solution we want to settle on, but should address many of the issue players have been facing for now. If we feel the lower cap is causing more issues than addressing, we'll consider raising it back up.

Powers
  • Fixed a bug where Depleted Uranium Core was taking up more combat resources than intended.

Misc
  • Added Laser Swords and Unarmed Martial Arts mods to GCR store.
  • Fixed a bug where a couple heirloom items were not leveling up, but instead acting as if you were level 40.
  • Fixed a bug where Kiga's hounds were despawning much sooner than intended after being defeated.
  • Adjusted the participation threshhold on the Shadowfall open mission.
  • Fixed an issue where lockbox items were displaying an unusual tooltip under its image.
​​

Comments

• spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    THERE'S THE DIP EMOTE.

...wait wtf does that have to do with pirates? Well either way looks like I'll be eating ramen again this month! \o/
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    HELL YEAH Dual Blade ultimate

Big fan of the Pirate costume set too :smile:​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • ayala725ayala725 Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    kaizerin said:

• Added Laser Swords and Unarmed Martial Arts mods to GCR store.
    • Fixed a bug where Kiga's hounds were despawning much sooner than intended after being defeated.
    ​​
    Ah so the Dog fade was unintended.

Thanks for the mods!

Could we look into Paranormal mods to the GCR as well?

As Youthful As Life Allows.

• shadowolf505shadowolf505 Posts: 697 Arc User
    Errrrr, the ultimate is for Dual Blades but Single Blade is being looked at? Hmmm, okay. I'm glad for the zone cap decrease though, makes it a little easier for us Endgamers.​​
    || Main Tank || DPSer || Healer || CCer || Altoholic || @shadowolf505 in game ||

[...]Hmmm, okay. I'm glad for the zone cap decrease though, makes it a little easier for us Endgamers.​​

It's nice because now, though the challenge will increase, there will be more drop chances, Cosmic confrontations, and more chances for more alts to get GCR!

It's a fair trade, imho.

Point there but that means that the Main Tank, Crowd Control and Healers have to be in zone before the DPS or at least get a spot before it's full. :( Will be difficult since we have like a billion DPS at Cosmics now, lol.​​
    || Main Tank || DPSer || Healer || CCer || Altoholic || @shadowolf505 in game ||
    I thought Dual Blades were next, anyway both single and dual fit the pirate theme
    We've lowered the zone caps on Canada and Monster Island to 35 to address various combat issues that have been escalating over the past few months. This isn't the solution we want to settle on, but should address many of the issue players have been facing for now. If we feel the lower cap is causing more issues than addressing, we'll consider raising it back up.
    Oh I didn't notice that
    I feel indifferent
    Errrrr, the ultimate is for Dual Blades but Single Blade is being looked at? Hmmm, okay. I'm glad for the zone cap decrease though, makes it a little easier for us Endgamers.

Well Single Blade already got Vorpal Blade when the BLEED related powerframes got a little revisit and they made The Penitent AT, they gotta fill the holes for the powerframe Ultimates :sweat_smile:

Which makes me wonder WHICH Lockbox will get the Bestial Ultimate and what they are going to add when Force gets revamped :smirk:​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
    edited April 2018

Point there but that means that the Main Tank, Crowd Control and Healers have to be in zone before the DPS or at least get a spot before it's full. :( Will be difficult since we have like a billion DPS at Cosmics now, lol.​​

Well, this will motivate some of those people to roll up tanks and healers to get the party started :)

Or it won't and everyone will just stand around looking at each other with their fingers in their noses vaguely implying that the waiting is everyone else's fault or that the game is bad
    edited April 2018

Good point. If we can look at a close example of what we might expect, I remember during the Mechanon High Noon Event, Zone switching was a common reset META due to the way the OM settles upon a defeat scenario.

It will take some adjusting for now, and a bit of time and dedication. Hopefully we will make due until a more efficient fix is developed.

Good point.
    spinnytop wrote: »
    Point there but that means that the Main Tank, Crowd Control and Healers have to be in zone before the DPS or at least get a spot before it's full. :( Will be difficult since we have like a billion DPS at Cosmics now, lol.

Well, this will motivate some of those people to roll up tanks and healers to get the party started in zone 2 :)

Or it won't and everyone will just stand around looking at each other with their fingers in their noses vaguely implying that the waiting is everyone else's fault or that the game is bad
    avianos wrote: »
    I thought Dual Blades were next, anyway both single and dual fit the pirate theme
    We've lowered the zone caps on Canada and Monster Island to 35 to address various combat issues that have been escalating over the past few months. This isn't the solution we want to settle on, but should address many of the issue players have been facing for now. If we feel the lower cap is causing more issues than addressing, we'll consider raising it back up.
    Oh I didn't notice that
    I feel indifferent
    Errrrr, the ultimate is for Dual Blades but Single Blade is being looked at? Hmmm, okay. I'm glad for the zone cap decrease though, makes it a little easier for us Endgamers.

Well Single Blade already got Vorpal Blade when the BLEED related powerframes got a little revisit and they made The Penitent AT, they gotta fill the holes for the powerframe Ultimates :sweat_smile:

Which makes me wonder WHICH Lockbox will get the Bestial Ultimate and what they are going to add when Force gets revamped :smirk:

Yeah, I only remembered the Vorpal Blade after I typed that. lol. :sweat_smile:​​
    ayala725 wrote: »
    Point there but that means that the Main Tank, Crowd Control and Healers have to be in zone before the DPS or at least get a spot before it's full. :( Will be difficult since we have like a billion DPS at Cosmics now, lol.

Good point. If we can look at a close example of what we might expect, I remember during the Mechanon High Noon Event, Zone switching was a common reset META due to the way the OM upon a defeat scenario.

It will take some adjusting for now, and a bit of time and dedication. Hopefully we will make due until a more efficient fix is developed.

It'll be a challenge but we can do it. I TRUST the community. \o/​​
  • duke3eyeduke3eye Posts: 22 Arc User
    Any chance of kicking the server hamster? It's not running.
  • roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    ayala725 said:

Which ones are in the store now? Darkness and sorcery only?

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    duke3eye said:

Any chance of kicking the server hamster? It's not running.

CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • warcanchwarcanch Posts: 1,076 Arc User
    We often have an incomplete cast at Kiga in "this" zone while the "other" zone is filling. And the "other" zone is where the/a CC is. However, I'm thinking we'll be seeing more of both zones just getting done relatively together and then the hordes moving on to Ape 1 and 2. Rinse, repeat.

I say this because I know I don't care to stand around waiting for the "other" zone to get completed when "this" zone could get going or complete one, as well. Same for we've just finished "this" zone, I've got to hurry and grab my reward and transition to the "other" zone before getting locked out. That is good only for the people right there, grabbing and transitioning faster than others.

Maybe, just maybe, we'll see zones 3 and 4 happen, too. So all's good.​​

-=-=-=-=-=-(CO in-game handle: @WarCan )-=-=-=-=-=-
    "Okay, you're DEAD, what do you do NEXT?"
  • lezard21lezard21 Posts: 1,510 Arc User
    ayala725 said:

Thanks for the mods!

And munitions. Why is Munitions still not in the store?

• ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    Because it’s an event mod?
  • garyg07garyg07 Posts: 19 Arc User
    YAY!!! 2 blade ult, 3 days after I bought the single blade off AH. all things considered though I'm not too peeved about it lol single blade really fits the char I got it for. I'm just glad Foxbatcon is over, hopefully I can stop spending G's on fun nullifiers for my toons soon >XD. I don't know enough about cosmics to really care about then limit change, but it seems like the opposite direction. It's already hard enough to get into the cosmic fights without showing up 10 min early and standing around for 20 minutes while the team sorts itself out and then crash from a memory leak when the 1st AoE pops. (Doesn't always happen but drives me crazy when it does). In the end, I'm just glad you guys are putting in work one way or another. Thanks for all you do Devs!
  • wrathsoul1wrathsoul1 Posts: 679 Arc User
    Is the Buccaneer pistol a weapon costume unlock?
  • kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,089 Cryptic Developer
    Weapon and regular costume.​​
    Surf Slide travel power + one of three surfboard skins for the travel power.
    Introducing Surf Slide travel power! This travel power lets you catch some waves on a board!
    Currently the only boards available for this travel power are Basic, Shark, Spiral (lockbox), Stars (lockbox) and Flames (lockbox). But stay tuned! Many of the existing Hoverboard unlocks will be able to be used with this travel power in the future (and vice versa!).
    This is the most RADICAL thing CO have added in a while, I'm 100% using it on a 90's RAD character project
    :+1::+1::+1::+1:

WATER FRAMEWORK WHEN?​​
    edited April 2018

ayala725 said:

Which ones are in the store now? Darkness and sorcery only?
    Maniacle Laughter

It's so rare, they get bought up too quickly to actively browse for while at the same time having a seemingly low drop rate.

• draogndraogn Posts: 1,269 Arc User

ayala725 wrote: »

Good point. If we can look at a close example of what we might expect, I remember during the Mechanon High Noon Event, Zone switching was a common reset META due to the way the OM upon a defeat scenario.

It'll be a challenge but we can do it. I TRUST the community. \o/​​

Making something more tedious doesn't make it more challenging.

So are Takofanes and Clarence mod, and you can get it from GCR store and heck even the Cosmic daily. Power Framework mods shouldn't be locked behind events
    Munitions is from the Ascii OM atm.​​
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,429 Arc User
    I guess K likes cowboy robots and wants us to run that OM until our ears bleed?
    lezard21 said:

So are Takofanes and Clarence mod, and you can get it from GCR store and heck even the Cosmic daily. Power Framework mods shouldn't be locked behind events
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
    Then I dunno.

I wouldn’t have put any event mods in there. Raise the farming and the value of mods.

I mean auras get worse treatment...why not mods?
    Because powerframe mods are essential for endgame​​
    No they aren’t
  • kjodellkjodell Posts: 83 Arc User
    where's the shoulder parrot? Pirates but no parrots?
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User

You mean the one you get from going to the Desert and shooting ASCII Oakley in the face every day of the week?
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters

You mean the one you get from going to the Desert and shooting ASCII Oakley in the face every day of the week?
    Dunno. I assumed that one, I thought it was only event.

Either way I'm sure there are plans to add if they do add event ones too.
    edited April 2018
    Ok Full Offence, WHY Exactly does the Buccaneer set has 3 Boots? They all use the same model and are basically the same with minor belt features
    EDITS: It's actually 3 of them? even worse, why couldn't it be 1 PIECE with 3 unlockable variations? Thats a huge waste of possible drops

None of them unlock any foot accesory neither for everyone who doesn't use regular human feet
    Joyful Dance Emote
    If you still need to be a little silly after Foxbatcon. Comes in one off and looping versions.
    This is Delightful emote :+1:
    Give my compliments to the Animator
    Dip Emote
    Comes in classic and extravagant versions.
    RUIN HAS COME TO OUR FAMILY​​
    Post edited by avianos on
  • kamokamikamokami Posts: 1,633 Arc User
    kaizerin said:

• We've lowered the zone caps on Canada and Monster Island to 35 to address various combat issues that have been escalating over the past few months. This isn't the solution we want to settle on, but should address many of the issue players have been facing for now. If we feel the lower cap is causing more issues than addressing, we'll consider raising it back up.
    • Fixed a bug where Depleted Uranium Core was taking up more combat resources than intended.
    • Adjusted the participation threshold on the Shadowfall open mission.
    ​​
    Glad all this is being addressed
  • chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    The lockbox is here already? My, that was quick. Didn't even have enough time to consider the feedback in PTS. Oh well...

At least we'll have 2 zones most of the time now. Perfect since it's Cosmic Week.
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • sekhmet46sekhmet46 Posts: 175 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    > @psychicslug said:
    > maybe a pirate zone or island with them or pirates and dinosaurs on monster island revamp?

There are ghost pirates in Lemuria O.o

Anyway, the most basic of the three Pirate Boots are suspiciously close to the Oni Slayer boots... Almost as if they just edited them a bit and branded them as a new costume :P

The set has some nice bits, I like the shoulders, sleeves, hairs, and steam boots. But I really really wish we'd gotten a coat like the rocker or scoundrel set. Also can't imagine why devs can't see hip swords are better suited for Belt accessories category and not Leg accessories. This lockbox feels pretty rushed, like the Blazing box.
    sekhmet46 wrote: »
    Anyway, the most basic of the three Pirate Boots are suspiciously close to the Oni Slayer boots... Almost as if they just edited them a bit and branded them as a new costume :pensive:
    The shorts are suspiciously close to oni slayer shorts too... HMMMM'S'T​​
    PWI needs money k?

Dunno. I assumed that one, I thought it was only event.

Either way I'm sure there are plans to add if they do add event ones too.
    did they add the ones you get for massacring Destroids or Gadroon ? :p
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
    lezard21 said:

PWI needs money k?

Well they got some from me, and I got everything in their silly box o3o *dabs*
  • screwthisprocessscrewthisprocess Posts: 186 Arc User
    kaizerin said:

Due to a lot of super neat things we're working on in the background we weren't able to have this box on PTS for the usual round of testing time! We apologize!
    ​​
    I have not seen anyone guess what this could be. Maybe because you are setting yourselves up for disappointment?

Customization sidekicks? Brand new powers like elemental melee or shield n Staff? New area?
    I'm hoping new area, or..... maybe unleashing the terror of Megalodon into the briny deeps!
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • we got surfboards...it's fairly obvious it's going to be negalodon​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
  • ph0toncann0nph0toncann0n Posts: 113 Community Moderator
    I've just sat around watching SG mates kill each other with the new Dual Blades Ult, thank you for this blessing.
    || Champion since Sept. of 2012 ||
    uD82dqy.png
    Endgame PvE - DPS Addict - Mature Roleplayer - Spectre - Storywriter - Perk Hunter - Altoholic - D.I.S.C.O.R.D.
    Engel auf der Hölle | Death Excell | Ebon Carcass | Orb Weaver Von Deo | Peridot
    edited April 2018
    The Ultimate is incredible Sexy, I got 15K Critical while testing it with a lvl 40 character in full Aurum Heirloom set
    IT'S JUST LIKE MY JAPANESE RPGS :+1::+1::+1::+1:
    Really impressed by it

The costume set feels really rushed, the pants are a reskin of Oni Slayer and the 3 boots are basically the same model
    As much as I love costumes, don't feel the need to be hasty and unlock the whole set right now

I like the Short Hairstyle because I need the braids for a character, but the darn thing is so darn rare right now :|​​
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    Some of the pieces are also overly bulky (Buccaneer Long Gloves, Buccaneer Boots, Buccaneer Strapped Boots, but strangely not the Steam Boots) as if the scale hasn't been fixed right.

Suggestion: Buccaneer Boots and Buccaneer Strapped Boots seem overly bulky, please scale them down a tad to be more in line with the scale of Buccaneer Steam Boots. Buccaneer Long Gloves also suffer from this problem

The pointy toes on the boots don't work well with the theme either.
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
    but we all know, once live.....