test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

"Midway Magnifier" Concept

ph0toncann0nph0toncann0n Posts: 113 Community Moderator
edited April 2018 in Suggestions Box
Many players were upset about the removal of the synergy of Super Mags and Mini Mags. However, it was addressed and explained by Kaiserin multiple times, and has been beaten like a dead horse, so we're far past it. What's done is done and it's for the overall benefit of CO, and I thank the Devs for continuing to work out bugs from the system. The synergy removal is not exactly what this post is about.

My suggestion is that we come up with some sort of magnifier that worked similarly to double mags (Mini and Super), however the effect is put into one device. It would place your character at the same height they would have been with both mags toggled. You would be at a size somewhere between Mini and Super, but larger than the max height and leg length sliders.

This idea was suggested in some patch notes by a few people, and I thought myself that it was a wonderful idea. I wanted to make a forum post about it to bring attention to the idea.

EDIT: Before someone says "Just use the Enrage buff," I'd like to point out that some minmax builds for endgame content don't have the room in their builds for another form just to get a theme-y size buff. A Device would be the way to go and could be awesome for the Z-Store.
|| Champion since Sept. of 2012 ||
uD82dqy.png
Endgame PvE - DPS Addict - Mature Roleplayer - Spectre - Storywriter - Perk Hunter - Altoholic - D.I.S.C.O.R.D.
Engel auf der Hölle | Death Excell | Ebon Carcass | Orb Weaver Von Deo | Peridot

Comments

• sergeantmahoff1sergeantmahoff1 Posts: 138 Arc User
    Seconded. It also helps to point out that not all of us want to have to rely on putting adv points into enrage just to get an effect like that, theme or not.
  • ultrarankgruntultrarankgrunt Posts: 14 Arc User
    please dear god yes
  • mutantmaidsmutantmaids Posts: 118 Arc User
    Yeah, this would be fantastic. I hope this idea is seen! Or better yet, responded to!
  • Seconded. It also helps to point out that not all of us want to have to rely on putting adv points into enrage just to get an effect like that, theme or not.

good thing you don't have to do that, then, since giant growth is a 0-point advantage​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
  • gentlegiantvexxgentlegiantvexx Posts: 321 Community Moderator
    Can totally side with this.

Or if it makes it easier sometime, perhaps add a "Giant Growth" advantage to Concentration form. Making it easier for generalised ranged builds! (And open possibilies for semi black talon sized Mechs!)

Miss being able to welcome and wow new players with double stackin' mags though, it was an awesome way to express to players that you can do/play your way.

Just call it "Hero Magnifier"? Because it ain't super large, plus we've "Super magnifier" and "Super shrinker" ?
  • shadowolf505shadowolf505 Posts: 697 Arc User
    "Size Adder" :) Actually, this is a great idea and you could utilize it with the Enrage buff as well to give the appearance of the old combo as well.
    Can totally side with this. Or if it makes it easier sometime, perhaps add a "Giant Growth" advantage to Concentration form. Making it easier for generalised ranged builds! (And open possibilies for semi black talon sized Mechs!)

It would be generalized to all forms, rather than just Concentration, if it were to happen when you look at this. Great ideas all around on this forum. :D​​
    || Main Tank || DPSer || Healer || CCer || Altoholic || @shadowolf505 in game ||
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    i don't see why they'd need to make a new device just for a small size increase, though...just increase the limit on the height slider in the tailor from 7 feet to say...10-12 feet

and while they're at it...add a length slider for the chest and upper torso​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
  • ph0toncann0nph0toncann0n Posts: 113 Community Moderator
    edited April 2018

i don't see why they'd need to make a new device just for a small size increase, though...just increase the limit on the height slider in the tailor from 7 feet to say...10-12 feet

and while they're at it...add a length slider for the chest and upper torso​​

Tailor edits are waaaaaay more in-depth than the creation of a Device. It would be easier and cleaner for Devs to go the Device route. Same idea rather than adding a "magnifier" adv to all forms.

The idea of chest and torso sliders is nice, but obviously that's not the point of this forum post. You should totes make your own suggestion thread for that portion...I'm down for more tailor sliders \o/
    || Champion since Sept. of 2012 ||
    uD82dqy.png
    Endgame PvE - DPS Addict - Mature Roleplayer - Spectre - Storywriter - Perk Hunter - Altoholic - D.I.S.C.O.R.D.
    Engel auf der Hölle | Death Excell | Ebon Carcass | Orb Weaver Von Deo | Peridot
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User

Tailor edits couldn't be turned off in combat and would stack with a magnifier.
  • voodookatvoodookat Posts: 15 Arc User
    Yup. Good plan.... and of course a dedicated device would carry with it use restrictions necessary to make it a smooth, non problematic addition to the game, unlike the use of the "exploit" that granted this effect previously. Sounds like a win-win to me.
  • omnilord#8416 omnilord Posts: 348 Arc User
    I would still buy a device to be able to use this combination effect. if it's possible maybe even an option that would add in 8 stacks of enrage giant growth. that way there can be a little more variety in taller heights.
  • nacito#6758 nacito Posts: 974 Arc User
    I support this​​
    Just another reptile lover, known in game as @nacito
    4hszgc1knoyo.png

This is a big journey, so far if you're reading this, wish you a good day
  • dialamxdialamx Posts: 931 Arc User

good thing you don't have to do that, then, since giant growth is a 0-point advantage​​

True, but to get the height using both SS & SM gave, you'd need to spend advantage points to get Enrage to Rank 2, so you always have that height.
  • lezard21lezard21 Posts: 1,510 Arc User
    I suggest removing height altogether. Let us enjoy the wonders of 2 dimensional CO. That's the intended way of fun having.
  • if i wanted to see 2D characters, i'd go to hollywood and ogle the actresses​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
  • chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    I support this. But doubt the devs will care about the growth-theme.
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • sergeantmahoff1sergeantmahoff1 Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited April 2018

That's a 0 point adv. Getting 4 enrage stacks by default however takes 4.
  • nacito#6758 nacito Posts: 974 Arc User

That's a 0 point adv. Getting 4 enrage stacks by default however takes 4.

3 enrage stacks for 4 points*​​
    Just another reptile lover, known in game as @nacito
    4hszgc1knoyo.png

This is a big journey, so far if you're reading this, wish you a good day