test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

"Sniper Rifle Build"

Hey fokes

So quick question, has anyone made a build that is solely useing the Sniper rifle only?, I've noticed that CO only has one power for such and needs 5 powers in order to do use (So you can't have the Sniper rifle as a primey weapon)

But has anyone build one around it?

I guess around pistols and sniper?
Psi.

Comments

• zwipezantherzwipezanther Posts: 109 Arc User
    I use Sniper Rifle every chance I get on my Gunslinger AT. Very fun move to use for sure.

The thing with Sniper Rifle is that you can’t use it if you are being attacked. You pretty much have to kill them in one shot, or else finish them off by other means while protecting yourself from the spike aggro you generated for yourself.

That being said, If I was going to build a Sniper FF, I would take DEX as primary, REC as one secondary, and either CON or EGO as the other secondary.

I would also take a power with the Wall of Bullets advantage to protect myself from aggro.
  • flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    Yea, SR's cast gets cancelled by taking any inc dmg, and its base sustained dps isn't very high (though ofc it can be a strong opening hit). Being too far out may also mean you could miss out on some Support auras (though that also depends on the fight and positioning of others). That said, it can still pull decent numbers from >100ft in ideal conditions where you don't take hits. For practical purposes, I'd def still include normal attacks in there in case you are taking dmg and still want to dps. Gatling and AR are decent enough for long-range AoE and single-target dps otherwise.

One way to make an SR build:

(Unnamed Build) - Freeform
    v2.4.2-29

Super Stats
    Level 6: Ego (Primary)
    Level 10: Recovery (Secondary)
    Level 15: Constitution (Secondary)

Talents
    Level 1: The Scourge (Con: 10, Ego: 10, Rec: 10, End: 8)
    Level 6: Ascetic (Con: 5, Ego: 5)
    Level 9: Quick Recovery (Con: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 12: Worldly (Ego: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 15: Boundless Reserves (Con: 5, End: 5)
    Level 18: Daredevil (Ego: 5, End: 5)
    Level 21: Amazing Stamina (Rec: 5, End: 5)

Powers
    Level 1: Gunslinger (advantages)
    Level 1: Concentration (advantages)
    Level 6: Killer Instinct
    Level 8: Targeting Computer (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 11: Gatling Gun (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 14: Conviction (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 17: Mini Mines (Stim Pack)
    Level 20: Assault Rifle (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 23: Sniper Rifle (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 26: Resurgence (Rank 2)
    Level 29: Energy Shield (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 32: Lock N Load (Rank 2)
    Level 35: Ice Sheath (Rank 2)
    Level 38: Thundering Return (advantages)
    Adv. Points: 32/36

Travel Powers
    Level 6:
    Level 35:

Specializations
    Ego: Force of Will (2/2)
    Ego: Insight (3/3)
    Ego: Follow Through (3/3)
    Ego: Sixth Sense (2/3)
    Guardian: Fortified Gear (3/3)
    Guardian: Ruthless (2/2)
    Guardian: Find the Mark (2/3)
    Guardian: The Best Defense (3/3)
    Vindicator: Aggressive Stance (2/2)
    Vindicator: Merciless (3/3)
    Vindicator: Focused Strikes (3/3)
    Vindicator: Offensive Expertise (2/2)
    Mastery: Ego Mastery (1/1)

If you want more sustained dmg from Sniper Rifle, you can first channel Gatling till you apply Armor Piercing on the target, then use SR after that (and tap Gatling to refresh AP from then on)- though Gatling requires you to be w/in 100ft. Otherwise, you can cycle both AOs to boost SR's dps a bit. Mini Mines can also be used at anytime to give you a bit more self-healing. Gears mostly for Ego here, w/ some Con and Rec. Can also take a more glass-cannon styled approach by replacing Con SS w/ Dex SS.

Also, if you value 'one-shotting' trash more, then you could take Avenger spec w/ Surprise Attack, though I'd still prob just opt for Guardicator (or Wardicator w/ Elusive instead of Find the Mark, to be a bit more defensive).
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • diggotdiggot Posts: 309 Arc User
    Sniper Rifle could be fixed by giving it an insane bonus to critical damage..
    to make up for its long cast and disrupt.
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    A noticeable addition

From the few Specialized Sniper DPS builds I have seen over the years, a lot of them always use a form of Personal Shield (that would be either Protection Field or Mindful Reinforcement or simply both)​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • polloadrazarpolloadrazar Posts: 19 Arc User
    The main advantage as far as I understand of the Sniper rifle is the RANGE.
    There are (as far as I know) just TWO 120 feet range attacks.
    So, if you fly high, you actually can shoot enemys without them beign able to hit you.
    And if you conbine that with a Shotgun (or Holdout Shot) with nailed to ground, you can drop flying enemys when they try to get in range.

At last that was a technique I used back in the day with my Soldier AT
  • scildtrumascildtruma Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    Got to reduce threat. I use it as an opening shot and then mow down the mob with AoE. If you have others on the team pulling aggro you can sit back and snipe.
    My lvl 40 champs in random order.

=Pieces of Stuff=Knock Dead=Cruel Yule=Cremator=Toys from the Attic=
    =Gnosis Arcanum=Twenty Seven=Kama D=Critic=Creep Freeze=
    =Mangled Man=G.I. John Doe=2D.=Lung the punch drunk monk=
    =By the sword=Scild Truma=Shadow Puppet=Lu-7=Erysichthon=
    =Nimravid=Buzzard Kill=Lorenzini=Schema=