test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Please revive the old dungeons.

diggotdiggot Posts: 309 Arc User

Give the final boss a 100% droprate on Nemesis or Merc items of random slot.

As far as i can tell, no one runs the Necrull dungeon anymore, or the Destroyer, or Telios
in Canada.. because all the loot were removed. You literally have 4 dungeons that requires
a group of 5 players, and anyone who choses to spend their time doing these, aren't rewarded
with anything except 5 currency and on occasion some mods and green items.

What would be so bad with the game's economy if we actually gave player an insentive in
doing the content ?. I haven't ran Necrull in years, and i wouldn't be
surprised if there's a ton of players who doens't even know about the dungeon.

Last time i ran TT was probably in 2012. Currently i am farming Nemcon 2-4 times per day
and sofar i've found 2 Nemesis armors, out of probably 90+ runs... that's unacceptable.

Just last week i was introduced to TA for the first time, a flawless run with a guide,
and i ended up getting absolutely ZERO .. for an Endgame Dungeon..i got potions as reward.

The last bosses in all dungeons needs to drop ITEMS.

Comments

• Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    Well those first dungeons you mentioned are level up content and the reason people don't run them anymore is because trying to find a group for them takes longer than it would to just level past them.

Adding rewards might solve the problem, but I doubt you'd get groups for them even then because like I said "takes longer to find a group than to just level past". Gear would basically fail because of that, and if the rewards were costume pieces then you would be more likely to see people just hit max level and then come back and solo these lairs ( which I wouldn't hate tbh ).

Also, there is no way you got absolutely ZERO running TA, since you get tokens which you can use to buy endgame gear. Also those healing potions are really good, if you don't want them then mail them to me. TA already has great rewards. The reason people don't run it more is because of Cosmics and the little space they leave between Cosmic rotations to actually do a TA, especially if it's a training run that might take a while due to wipes.

Personally I think leveling Lairs should be converted to solo content, and that end-game lairs should be 3 man at most. That would mitigate the issues involved.
  • Options
    chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    Probably have an event where Lairs have +10% increase chance of dropping costume unlocks.
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • Options

Probably have an event where Lairs have +10% increase chance of dropping costume unlocks.

That would certainly get a bunch of people to do them for one event. And then we would have all of them o3o
  • Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    diggot said:

Just last week i was introduced to TA for the first time, a flawless run with a guide,
    and i ended up getting absolutely ZERO.

Urr... other than 7 GCR and 12 SCR, plus another 5 GCR for the mission?

In any case, making the lairs more appealing would require updates to them, and apparently the way the older dungeons is coded is a nightmare that the devs are reluctant to touch.
  • Options
    beezeezebeezeeze Posts: 927 Arc User
    Increased XP and resources for old lairs would be nice, maybe even put an XP boost in there what stacks with Grab alerts. More costume unlocks would also help getting people to go, also adding a feature that allows for random grouping.

• Options

Urr... other than 7 GCR and 12 SCR, plus another 5 GCR for the mission?

Getting CURRENCY in a dungeon should not be the reward. Bosses DROPPING ACTUAL ITEMS
    should be the reward for killing the bosses.. completing the dungeon as a quest should give the currency.

At the very least, the Endgame dungeons should drop Merc or Heroic pieces on the bosses.

There is enough items in this game that requires Currency to be attained.
  • Options
    blockwaveblockwave Posts: 329 Arc User
    Hmm, so you can drop some gear in TA, secondaries determination gear, the drop rate is about 5%

• Options
    blockwave said:

Hmm, so you can drop some gear in TA, secondaries determination gear, the drop rate is about 5%

That gives any player a 95% probabiliy of walking away emptyhanded, aside from some potions.
    You think WoW would've lasted long if players were rewarded potions instead of loot in their dungeons?.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    WoW gives people random junk most of the time....
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    blockwaveblockwave Posts: 329 Arc User
    5% on 5 boxes,

• Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    diggot said:

That gives any player a 95% probabiliy of walking away emptyhanded, aside from some potions.
    You think WoW would've lasted long if players were rewarded potions instead of loot in their dungeons?.

Yes. Any dungeon meant to be rerunnable will have a loot table consisting of a few rares and a bunch of filler items. TA loot boxes have potions, mods, action figures, onslaught tokens, costume unlocks, and gear. The first four are mostly filler though not useless.
  • Options
    When I played WoW I remember leaving dungeons empty handed all the time, often after several hours. Why would that be anyone's go-to on this? Hell one of the best things they ever did while I played was make dungeons start dropping tokens each time so you weren't risking running the place for nothing.

You never leave TA empty-handed... well, unless you just didn't bother to interact with the reward circle after each boss.