test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Ways to maximize dodge chance?

brfabeirasbrfabeiras Posts: 182 Arc User
What's the optimal path to increase % dodge chance? I mean without stacking stats from powers, like Floating Lotus Blossom, just passive + gear + spec trees + specializations.

So far I've come up with:

Passive: Lightning Strikes (R3);
Gear: Breastplate of Elusiveness with Gambler's Lucky Gem mod;
Spec Tree: Con + Dex, with Deflection spec (3/3);

So far, with Mercenary Gear + Rank 5 Lucky Gem + 470 DEX, I've got 68.6% dodge chance, and 79.3% avoidance.

I know better gear/mods can improve it even more, but I feel like I'm missing something, or there's a better combination to choose from... any suggestions? :)

PS: I know stacking defense is better for tank/survivability, I just picked dodge for thematic purposes.

Comments

• blockwaveblockwave Posts: 329 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    There is a spec on sentry spec that gives a dodge buff when you use your energy builder, a secondary cosmic fang of defense with a dodge core r5, but if you are for tanking cosmics, you won’t be able to do it in mercs, you will need justice + legion elusiveness, and max dex possible.
    PS: Thundering Kick r3 gives you 18% dodge, elusive monk adv on parry block enhancer will give you dodge as well.

• brfabeirasbrfabeiras Posts: 182 Arc User
    Thanks for the info, I'll farm for this cosmic fang :D
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    Note that 100% dodge is only required if a boss's damage is high enough to one-shot you on a failed dodge. This applies to solo tanking any of the main cosmics, but most other fights in the game do not require 100% dodge, including side and baby tanking.
  • Amazing Grace for gaps in Masterful Dodge being up (gives a flat 20 percent on top of your dodge chance for at least 10 seconds, but has a super long cooldown to be part of rotation - 2 minutes or more even on high AoAC/AoPM raids).

Feline Metabolic Serum is 3.3 dodge percent I believe.

I am I missing any other devices that give dodge?
    ADD Altaholic known as @Rejolt in game. I'm a dork, but hopefully a harmless one.
    The problem with both amazing grace and feline metabolic serum is that they count as travel powers and are thus disabled at most cosmics.
    Thanks for the extra info guys, where can I get those 2 devices?

Thanks for the extra info guys, where can I get those 2 devices?

Amazing grace drops during Blood Moon (from the hero of the same name), though you might be able to find one on trade or the auction house. Feline metabolic serum requires doing a small chain of missions in Canada, at which point it can be bought from the Champions Recognition vendor for 350 SCR.
    Cool, I just need to do the missions then. This cat serum also fits my character :D
  • vonqballvonqball Posts: 923 Arc User
    If you're going with the EB dodge spec (from sentry), do you also grab the drunken master advantage on righteous fists? Or, is it better to just rank 3 any old EB?
  • flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,740 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    You can get that adv, though it is somewhat chance-based (relying on crits w/ the end builder. but w/ a 12 sec duration).
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
    vonqball said:

If you're going with the EB dodge spec (from sentry), do you also grab the drunken master advantage on righteous fists? Or, is it better to just rank 3 any old EB?

I don't, because its internal cd makes it not particularly useful. I use vicious strikes because its slightly faster than righteous fists.