test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

FC.31.20180320.1 - Item Tooltip Changes/Lots of Odds and Ends

13»

Comments

• > @lezard21 said:
    > Still no word on how Magnifier stacking impacts the game? Is it really that bad?
    >
    > Maybe we should default everyone's character into a gray blob. That way game performance would increase even more

Oh, it definitely impacts the game so badly! So much so that this particular trivial, longstanding bug, something that people find fun, captured the devs' interest and attention over those silly game crashing, game breaking, or ridiculous bugs that people have constantly been complaining about.

You know, the things that actually cause the game to crash to desktop? For example, using a vehicle device or pressing 'h' to get to the help and support menu.

Or the recent disappearance of NPC chat bubbles? Actually, I can't really say that is too recent anymore.

Or the ridiculous broken movement AIs of the ranged villain adds in TA, Grond Clone, and the new experimental shitshow causing AI of Kigatilik's hounds?

Or the threat system going nuts at Kigatilik with the hounds or how killing a frozen tomb can get you instant boss aggro?

Or the flying lore, the mobs in walls, the soul cages that are nearly impossible to interact with, and the annoying Multifarian Reinforcement mission not sharing team credit when so many of the other missions do in Qliphotic Warzone?

Or how a walking Baby Teleiosaurus causes Teleiosaurus damage to spike up to one-shot-on-block levels?

Or the unnecessary generic exhaustion debuff that you get after crashing which prevents you from using OV for an hour?

Or the infinite loading screen that you get when you attempt to switch zones while you are in a team?

Or the so called "Interrupt Resistance" buff that does absolutely nothing against interrupts?

Or that Power Armor toggles can still be used alongside other non-PA maintains?

Oh yes, I have to say that I am so thrilled that the devs thought the magnifier bug deserved their attention over these bugs! I am also so astonished at their genius solution of just making it not possible instead of making it not as game performance impacting or making it stackable to a more reasonable level when they see that people don't want the change!

+1 for the gray blob character idea!
  • chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    Anything we find "fun" in-game will be made less fun by the devs. Even though the "fun things" are exploitable content that shouldn't be happening(based on the devs). Bet the Magnifiers/Shrinkers were taking more resources than it should. Probably straining the server?

That said, just say goodbye to growth/shrinker-theme. Pretty sure Giant Growth 0pt adv in Enrage will be removed sooner or later too.
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,078 Cryptic Developer
    Closing this thread.

As an aside, some bugs are quick and easy to address, others are not. The size changing devices were behind quite a few exploits, and it was a simple and very quick fix. So it was addressed. These items have stated for quite some time that they cannot be stacked.

Stuff like chat bubbles we have investigated and aren't sure what the cause is, so it needs more time to look into, the same is said for many other bugs.​​
This discussion has been closed.