test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Superhero Landing and Crossed Arms emote?

So I was watching the 2017 Halloween Costume Contest posted on the CO TV YouTube channel. Towards the end we see a Superman based hero do the "Superhero Landing" then stand up and cross his arms, his fingers tapping on his arm:

Video Link

Does anyone know where to get these? This is a player with the emote and ability, so they have to be available somewhere.

Comments

• themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    dialamx said:

So I was watching the 2017 Halloween Costume Contest posted on the CO TV YouTube channel. Towards the end we see a Superman based hero do the "Superhero Landing" then stand up and cross his arms, his fingers tapping on his arm:

Video Link

Does anyone know where to get these? This is a player with the emote and ability, so they have to be available somewhere.

That emote isn't available to us...at least not yet.

I suspect the landing thing is also just more demorecord trickery.

zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    Indeed, it's Mira doing her magic with the Demorecord's code
    The emote is not available for players for the time being, there are a lot of poses you can access in Demorecord which are NPC exlusive as well​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    You can sorta do the Superhero landing thing, but not as an emote.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
    edited March 2018

You can sorta do the Superhero landing thing, but not as an emote.

How would you do that?

zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    With the Rocket Jump travel power I assume
    The landing animation is identical but not the same (it has both hands on the back when land)

as for the animation used on the video, I remember seeing it in CO trailers used by Defender​​
    Post edited by avianos on
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
    I was actually thinking of the pose you do when landing which jumping forwards with acrobatics.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • xrazamaxxrazamax Posts: 979 Arc User
    Aw shucks guys :3

I did use the demorecorder tool to use that animation along with some trickery. That particular animation is actually quite odd as when it plays, your character is immediately thrown back 50ft and like 200ft in the air before they come hurling down towards where ever you were standing.

I would have said no way would that ever become an animation for players in game when I started out using demorecord, but in the last year I've seen so many animations used for new devices/powers that I thought would not or could not be implemented. So if the devs can figure out a use for it, we might see it in the future
    I made a video of the pose I was talking about
    https://youtu.be/lfsZlg6A4Ek
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
    edited March 2018
    xrazamax said:

Aw shucks guys :3

I did use the demorecorder tool to use that animation along with some trickery. That particular animation is actually quite odd as when it plays, your character is immediately thrown back 50ft and like 200ft in the air before they come hurling down towards where ever you were standing.

I would have said no way would that ever become an animation for players in game when I started out using demorecord, but in the last year I've seen so many animations used for new devices/powers that I thought would not or could not be implemented. So if the devs can figure out a use for it, we might see it in the future

I only know the basics of demorecord, how do you add another animation? Maybe you could give me a simple example?

Oh, and awesome work!

zrdRBy8.png
  • xrazamaxxrazamax Posts: 979 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    I'm going to do my best to avoid going TOO indepth here because I could make several long post about demorecord. However, there is a command console in demorecord when you press the tilde ~ key. The two basic commands you need to know are danimtogglebits and danimflashbits. The first will toggle on/off an animation you want to see, the second will run the animation once.

What you do is run the command, then you run the name of the animbits of the animation you want to do. For example, this animation of @aiqa flying in:

https://youtu.be/qiCqTSfGNjA?t=59s

That animation would be done by:
    • First doing a demorecord of her at that landing spot.
    • Opening the demorecord file in the laucher
    • Hitting ~ to open the command console
    • Typing danimflashbits emote dev enter with "emote" "dev" and "enter" being the name of the bitnames that run the animation.
    SO, how do you get the correct name for the bitnames of the animation thatyou want? You do a demorecord while the animation is going on.
    • Do a demorecord then run or be near the animation you want.
    • Then you literally open the demorecord file in notepad+ or something. I have my game installed via steam so I go to
      C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Champions Online\Champions Online\Live\demos
    • This part is the hard part. You need to find the entity in the file that is running your animation. If it is another player, ctrl+f their name. Their entity number should be near it under the data for costumes.
    • Then ctrl+f their EntityReference number. You'll find A LOT of references to this number, but look for one that falls under updates brackets.
    • THEN scroll up and make sure you are in the right timestamp. The timestamps show how far along into the demorecord file you are. For this reason, best to keep recordings short.
    • FINALLY, scroll down or use ctrl+f until you see animbits. It should look like:
      animBits { BitName emote } animBits { BitName dev } animBits { BitName enter }
    Those BitNames are what you use to run the animations. Once you know them, you can either type them into the console, OR if you want to do some crazy machinima stuff, copy and past them around the demorecord file under the timestamp areas and inside the entity's brackets when you want them to play! Also, obviously you want to make yourself a little database of these BitNames and what animations they run.

I'm not sure on the legalities of just throwing around the BitNames of all the animations so I won't publicly share what I've found. However, once you get used to doing this, it doesn't take long to find the animations you want in the files.
    Post edited by xrazamax on
    I really appreciate you taking the time to explain this, @xrazamax

Thank you very much.
    zrdRBy8.png