test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Way of the warrior build

I've tried various dps dodge builds and they have never worked out. So I'm coming here..whatbwoudl be a good layout for a melee , way donthe warrior dps build. Within unarmed and armed martial arts. The build would be for cosmics . Thx :)

Comments

• flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    Dodge isn't ideal for non-tanks (and arguably for tanks), since it means any large hits incoming will be subject to RNG mitigation. I suppose if you block well its fine either way, but its something to keep in mind.

When you mean 'dps dodge' build, I guess you can do that w/ just WotW and TKick's Lithe buff. How committed are you to dps vs. survival for it? Cause you can go pretty crazy into dodge, but its almost always going to cost dps in some way.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • Well what would be the build if I went all dodge for a tsnk then? The gear needed , and what would my overview stats requirements need to be? Isn't their a certain rotation of attacks required to maintain dodge effectiveness?
    edited March 2018
    Full dodge tanking isn't generally recommended for Cosmics, unless you are very geared and have good practice w/ buff upkeep and blocking.

You can tank Alert-level content with it w/o too much hassle, though, if that's all ur fine doing with it. Wouldn't expect great dps from it either way.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    There are basically two situations where dodge is a reasonable choice:
    1. You can maintain 100% dodge chance. This generally requires top-end gear and an extremely dedicated build.
    2. You're concerned about multiple small attacks rather than single big attacks, so the randomness doesn't matter. This doesn't really apply at cosmics.
  • Ty both
    (Shakes both hands of flowcyto and pantaguel01
    I can still give you a dodge-tank build more suited to casual content, if you'd like. I'd prob not stick in all the dodge/avoid-related things just so you have a bit more dps and an easier time w/ buff upkeep, though.
  • Sure. I would rather it be for a dps build then rather the tsnk version I was originally requesting. It I feel the power armor lazer cosmic killer build is probably more realistic for my needs and can be translated for both casual content and end game.
    edited March 2018
    Okay, well here's a dodge-based Unarmed dps that should be rather sturdy (for a dps). Dunno if its what you're looking for, but mine as well throw it out there:

(Unnamed Build) - Freeform
    v2.4.2-29

Super Stats
    Level 6: Strength (Primary)
    Level 10: Dexterity (Secondary)
    Level 15: Constitution (Secondary)

Talents
    Level 1: The Master (Str: 8, Dex: 10, Con: 10, Rec: 10)
    Level 6: Covert Ops Training (Str: 3, Dex: 3, Con: 3, Int: 3)
    Level 9: Acrobat (Dex: 5, Con: 5)
    Level 12: Physical Conditioning (Str: 5, Con: 5)
    Level 15: Martial Focus (Str: 5, Dex: 5)
    Level 18: Quick Recovery (Con: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 21: Impresario (Dex: 5, Rec: 5)

Powers
    Level 1: Righteous Fists (advantages)
    Level 1: Thundering Kicks (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 6: Way of the Warrior (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 8: Form of the Master (advantages)
    Level 11: Steadfast
    Level 14: Bountiful Chi Resurgence (Resurgent Reiki, Gifts of the Storm)
    Level 17: Dragon Kick (Rank 2, Dragon Rush)
    Level 20: Burning Chi Fist (Righteous Fury, Ghostly Strikes)
    Level 23: Resurgence (Rank 2)
    Level 26: Dragon Uppercut (Rank 2, Chi Flame, Ghostly Strikes)
    Level 29: Thunderbolt Lunge (advantages)
    Level 32: Masterful Dodge (advantages)
    Level 35: Parry (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 38: Lock N Load (Rank 2)
    Adv. Points: 34/36

Travel Powers
    Level 6:
    Level 35:

Specializations
    Strength: Swole (2/3)
    Strength: Physical Peak (3/3)
    Strength: Brutality (2/2)
    Strength: Juggernaut (2/3)
    Strength: Overpower (1/3)
    Warden: Fortified Gear (3/3)
    Warden: Ruthless (2/2)
    Warden: Elusive (2/2)
    Warden: The Best Defense (3/3)
    Vindicator: Aggressive Stance (2/2)
    Vindicator: Merciless (3/3)
    Vindicator: Focused Strikes (3/3)
    Vindicator: Mass Destruction (2/3)
    Mastery: Strength Mastery (1/1)

BCF can be charged to vacuum in nearby enemies so you can hit them all w/ charged Dragon Kicks (DK can also be charged at anytime to proc FotM). For single targets you can charge DK to get Rush's energy, then spam charged Dragon Uppercut before renewing Rush. Put up TKick's dodge buff if playing more defensively. Gears mostly for Dex and some Con.
  • Hey I like it :). But I like burning chi fist. Doesn't that do more damage than uppercut..as far as dpsing in cosmics
  • I'm sorry..i mean it's there and I have a build where it's the main attack but here uppercut is. So uppercut is a stronger power move?
  • What would the range of my super stats be. I view it as slotting gear for Dex mods?
    Yes, in this case BCF is used for clumping up mobs in AoE, and DU is the main single-target attack. You can make BCF the main ST attack instead (it and DU are the best contenders in Unarmed, afaik), but you have to re-tool it and use it differently than if you have the RF adv on it.

And yea, ur main focus is still Dex, even w/ STR PSS here. Can also get some Con if you want more health, and maybe some Rec if you want more starting energy.
  • I'm fine with this layout. I always thought bcf did more then uppercut for some reason
  • I was never a huge fan of 100 hands. So this build isn't so much as focused on the demolish route
    You could still fit in Demolish for more dmg, but you'd have to give up a power slot for it (or make TKicks apply Demolish, but then you lose its base dodge buff).