test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Counter Shading?

Does anyone know of a good set of tights or other costume parts for counter shading? Such as you would see on many animals. That is: That can make only the belly/chest and crotch area one color while the rest is another?

Comments

• Options
    dialamxdialamx Posts: 931 Arc User
    Only pieces I know of that do this are the Serpent Pattern in Tights and Skins, and the Armadillo Chest and Waist armors.
  • Options
    morigosamorigosa Posts: 710 Arc User
    The tiger and leopard patterns are good for this as well; if you're looking for a super-costume with this pattern (as opposed to full tights/legs), they do both work on the basic armor / basic subligar pieces. And you can color the stripes/spots the same as the base color if you're working on a character that shouldn't have those markings. I believe there are a couple of other tights patterns that are usable, but I don't remember the names offhand - would have to actually check through everything in the costume creator myself, and at that point I might as well just let you do the looking instead.

There are also various one-off armor pieces that could be used for this, such as the mechassassin pieces.
  • Options
    hasukurobihasukurobi Posts: 405 Arc User
    morigosa said:

The tiger and leopard patterns are good for this as well; if you're looking for a super-costume with this pattern (as opposed to full tights/legs), they do both work on the basic armor / basic subligar pieces. And you can color the stripes/spots the same as the base color if you're working on a character that shouldn't have those markings. I believe there are a couple of other tights patterns that are usable, but I don't remember the names offhand - would have to actually check through everything in the costume creator myself, and at that point I might as well just let you do the looking instead.

There are also various one-off armor pieces that could be used for this, such as the mechassassin pieces.

The Tiger and Leopard ones are good but even if you color the markings the same they bleed into one of the other colors. So you will see rosets either on the back or belly and or stripes unless everything is the same color which sort of defeats the purpose.