test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Over a week & no nemesis clue?

I don't get it. I have been hunting in those dense areas, with destructible items. I received one on a toon a week ago, never got another one on any character since. I want to kill him off and create a new one since we cannot rename them.

Comments

• Options
    layenelayene Posts: 63 Arc User
    Have you done any Nemesis Alerts? I've heard it's possible for another player to pick up your Nemesis Clue in the alerts. They can't use it but until they delete the item you will not get any new Clues.
  • Options
    screwthisprocessscrewthisprocess Posts: 186 Arc User
    Hmm, I have not done any Nemesis alerts, or any Nemesis related missions on this character other than "Crime Computa"
  • Options
    jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,435 Arc User
    Go to the outside area behind the Until building where Harmon gives his talk. Destroy chairs until a boost appears. Getting the boost will spawn Nemesis minions. Those will always drop a clue unless something is glitched with your character.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • Options

Go to the outside area behind the Until building where Harmon gives his talk. Destroy chairs until a boost appears. Getting the boost will spawn Nemesis minions. Those will always drop a clue unless something is glitched with your character.

That did it, thanks you two.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    you can also go around Ren Cen smashing patio chairs.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    But then all the lazy heroes in MC have no where to sit ;). The reason why Harmon is nice is that there are a bunch of chairs packed all together. So convenient.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
  • Options

you can also go around Ren Cen smashing patio chairs.

I thought defeating mobs spawned the henchman, not objects. I was only beating mobs. No wonder.
  • Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    Well, beating mobs can spawn the henchmen too, but it takes more work to blow up hundreds of mobs than it takes to blow up hundreds of chairs.
  • Options
    biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    It's not actually defeating the mobs, but rather picking up the red, yellow, or blue orbs they sometimes drop. The chairs drop the orbs too, so that's what gets them to pop.
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    rajakajirajakaji Posts: 69 Arc User
    I usually don't start getting Nemesis clues until I do Lemurian Antiquities.
  • Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    Orbs dropped from objects always spawn Nemesis minions.

Orbs dropped from mobs only spawn minions about 10% of the time.

You can also spawn minions, and your Nemesis too, by repeatedly entering and leaving the Lava Temple until they show up. Happens something like 20% of the time.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    combatclown81combatclown81 Posts: 86 Arc User
    I recently started trying to get a 5k kill perk. Killed a couple hundred Trey Kings and have had nemesis minions spawn three times.
  • Options
    I heard you can kill them off and create another nemesis, but the old threads do not really go into detail. Other than it is a lvl 40 thing. Not getting any clues for two days. No new messages from Defender, no nothing.
  • Options
    nbkxsnbkxs Posts: 768 Arc User
    Yeah, all of my chars are bugged with the nonsense that someone picked up my clues in nem alerts. So I can't actually do this sort of stuff anymore. And I don't think they have a way to fix it.
    [NbK]XStorm
  • Options
    layenelayene Posts: 63 Arc User

I heard you can kill them off and create another nemesis, but the old threads do not really go into detail. Other than it is a lvl 40 thing. Not getting any clues for two days. No new messages from Defender, no nothing.

Basically, to get a new Nemesis you'll need to keep completing your Nemesis missions until your Nemesis goes to jail, breaks out, and goes to jail again. I believe the second time they go to jail you'll get a slightly different cutscene and then you are able to talk to defender about creating a new Nemesis.

If you aren't getting clues just keep trying. Sometimes it takes a while to get the minions to spawn and even then they don't always drop a clue.
  • Options
    nbkxs wrote: »
    Yeah, all of my chars are bugged with the nonsense that someone picked up my clues in nem alerts. So I can't actually do this sort of stuff anymore. And I don't think they have a way to fix it.

of course they have a way to fix it...just add a timer to all clues that removes it from a player's inventory when it hits 0 - since you can't use a clue that isn't yours, having it expire after a point is unavoidable, so the trolls deliberately holding onto other player's clues won't be able to stop it​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
  • Options
    nbkxs said:

It may have never been a priority to fix. I get the feeling the nemesis code is not well loved.
  • Options

nbkxs said:

of course they have a way to fix it...just add a timer to all clues that removes it from a player's inventory when it hits 0 - since you can't use a clue that isn't yours, having it expire after a point is unavoidable, so the trolls deliberately holding onto other player's clues won't be able to stop it​​
    Doesn't work if banked. The timer hits zero but the item still exists until moved to inventory.

Maybe a better way to do it would be for it to self-destruct on pickup if picked up by the wrong player?
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    then just don't allow nemesis clues to be banked​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
  • Options

then just don't allow nemesis clues to be banked​​

Won't help with existing clues, or with people who simply haven't logged on since they picked up a clue.
  • Options
    Is it possible for the devs to wipe all clues that are sitting in all Inventories and Banks? Maybe that should be done and a timer put on futures clues when they are picked up. I know this wouldn't bother me.
    JwLmWoa.png
  • Options
    really the solution is to fix clue pickups.

also maybe erase all nemesis clues from the game every server reset?
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Posts: 521 Arc User
    nbkxs said:

This is why I make sure that clue drops are off the table before I do things with other people.

I either crush chairs to get the clue and hold it, or run the mission and know that it will be a few hours until I can get another clue depending upon the situation.

I realize that they have abandoned the nemesis system, which I think is a bad idea in itself, but to allow other players to pick up and hold a clue indefinitely, preventing another player from ever receiving another nemesis mission for the life of that character, is just bad design.

They should, at minimum, attach a timer to the clue (an hour or so) and if not acted upon within that time then the clue expires and disappears.
    Better still would be to make the clues dropped by someone's nemesis minions personal loot for that player that no one else could pick up.
  • Options
    Good idea
  • Options
    Now my minions appear, and quickly despawn before I can engage them, hmm..
  • Options
    I think that in some locations an open mission event script gets in the way of them fighting you.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters