test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Stoic Flight Question

Why do I need the Stoic Flight power to unlock Stoic Flight Device? Does it Re skin it like the hover-boards?

Comments

• themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User

Why do I need the Stoic Flight power to unlock Stoic Flight Device? Does it Re skin it like the hover-boards?

No, there is no reskin. It's something they've started to do since the Blazing Lockbox.

zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • andondarkmoreandondarkmore Posts: 671 Arc User
    Then Why have a character buy the device if he/she has the power?
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,022 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    Looks like DEVs want to reduce the luxury of having a rank 3 Travel Power and having free points for your powers

that and double dipping on the lockbox market so players are Forced to BUY the travel power if they want the Device (which already cost a lot of Drifter Salvage)

IT SUCKS​​
    Post edited by avianos on
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User

Then Why have a character buy the device if he/she has the power?

The power unlock is account wide. Once unlocked it opens the option to have the device on any character, not just the one you were on when you originally unlocked it.
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    As if it was hard enough to get either one. I think developers are forgetting this is a game and meant to be fun.

Devices seemed to be a reasonable alternative to the travel. It was per character and still required effort to buy...
  • theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    I think they must have looked at how many people were buying devices for travel in addition to their already obtained two travel methods.

Perhaps this wasn't what they wanted everyone to do so easily...it wasn't too easy to begin with to be fair, but I guess it guarantees that more money (potentially) will be spent on the game for something that someone wants.

Ex: I wanted the Stoic Flight device on one character and the actual flight unlock for another...so I obtained them. Did it hurt my pocket? Yes. But I got what I wanted.

Note: I don't agree with the whole "requires X to be unlocked before you can use it" because I've seen players buy it only to rage when the read the finer print in red.
  • ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    Yeah I support having the device.

I don’t support pay wall restriction on something you essential have to pay to gamble to win....very rare gamble in fact.
  • andondarkmoreandondarkmore Posts: 671 Arc User

Does only the character that "equips" the power have it and for another character on the account to have Stoic Flight they need the Device?

Can I have Stoic flight on any of my account characters or only the one who 'equips' the power.
    IF any of my character's can have Stoic Flight why the Device? I am still confused?
  • omnilord#8416 omnilord Posts: 348 Arc User
    Basically either for extra advantage points for their build, or because of the luxury of having a third travel power. I.E. You could possibly take Athletics/Acrobatics, a Teleport power, and then have a flight power in the Stoic Flight Device.
  • theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User

Does only the character that "equips" the power have it and for another character on the account to have Stoic Flight they need the Device?

Can I have Stoic flight on any of my account characters or only the one who 'equips' the power.
    IF any of my character's can have Stoic Flight why the Device? I am still confused?

The Stoic Flight Travel Power UNLOCK is ACCOUNT WIDE.

This means that any character, current or future can purchase Stoic Flight as one of their travel powers.

It doesn't matter who you unlock Stoic Flight on.

The Stoic Flight Travel Power DEVICE - can only be used if you have unlocked the Travel Power. And can be placed on characters to have an additional travel power.
  • screwthisprocessscrewthisprocess Posts: 186 Arc User
    Speaking of this power

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/stoic

Slightly off topic but Huh? What does a philosophy has to do with a travel power?
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User

Speaking of this power

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/stoic

Slightly off topic but Huh? What does a philosophy has to do with a travel power?

It's from the second definition -- it's basically an emote indicating indifference.
  • screwthisprocessscrewthisprocess Posts: 186 Arc User
    Ok that makes sense.
  • vorshothvorshoth Posts: 596 Arc User
    Anyone got a picture of what stoic flght looks like? Interested.
    [SIGNATURE REDACTED]
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,022 Arc User
    vorshoth wrote: »
    Anyone got a picture of what stoic flght looks like? Interested.

Even better than a picture, a Video
    https://youtu.be/6SiogWMIHFE​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • harkinharkin Posts: 8 Arc User
    Just came back to the game after a few years of not playing, only to find this and arcane flight existing in the game, both would be perfect on my Sorcery character, but seems they are really hard to find (found one, and its several thousand globals), and GG getting one in the lockboxes.