What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Black Widow movie

jennymachxjennymachx Posts: 3,000 Arc User
edited January 2018 in Off Topic

Comments

• ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    Meh. Not interested.

She is a great supporting character but I don’t find her or Hawkeye interesting beyond support
  • nevyn34nevyn34 Posts: 104 Arc User
    Hasn't Scarlett Johannson made this movie like 5 times already?
    Current Roster:

Frostbiter (Freeform Ice DPS)
    Battle Hazard (Unleashed AT)
    Glacial Tyrant (Glacier AT)
    Silver Mantra ( Freeform Single Blade DPS)
    Magnetros (Freeform Heavy Weapons/Lightning Hybrid)
  • jennymachxjennymachx Posts: 3,000 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    nevyn34 said:

Hasn't Scarlett Johannson made this movie like 5 times already?

While in a lead role primarily focused on her character? No she hasn't.
  • beezeezebeezeeze Posts: 927 Arc User
    I'd love to see a movie focused on Black Widow with Hawkeye as a co-star. Wish they'd done it sooner because it seems a little late in the series at this point, but I would still watch it.

• nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    That would be great but I still wish she had her Russian accent intact in the MCU even more.
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    wasn't there already one? a female black ops doing infiltrations and such?

....oh wait, I'm thinking of Ghost in the Shell.
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
    edited February 2018
    > @chaosdrgnz43 said:
    > wasn't there already one? a female black ops doing infiltrations and such?
    >
    > ....oh wait, I'm thinking of Ghost in the Shell.

Character with similar traits sure, but vastly different sort of story and theme. GitS is set in a cyberpunk world with the theme of how technology affects one's humanity. A movie about Black Widow would have its theme geared towards a "world of superheroes" setting.
  • catstarstocatstarsto Posts: 1,129 Arc User
    beezeeze said:

I'd love to see a movie focused on Black Widow with Hawkeye as a co-star. Wish they'd done it sooner because it seems a little late in the series at this point, but I would still watch it.

....close enough

Courage is doing what is right even when it isn't popular or safe. Honor is retaining the dignity and virtue in one's self, so it can light the way for others in the darkest of times. Compassion is showing patience and mercy towards others, even when it isn't returned or deserved. A hero is defined by these 3 words, they set him apart from others as a beacon of hope and excellence.
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User

> @chaosdrgnz43 said:

> wasn't there already one? a female black ops doing infiltrations and such?

>

> ....oh wait, I'm thinking of Ghost in the Shell.

Character with similar traits sure, but vastly different sort of story and theme. GitS is set in a cyberpunk world with the theme of how technology affects one's humanity. A movie about Black Widow would have its theme geared towards a "world of superheroes" setting.

Also... Motoko Kusanagi has the physical strength to rip people's heads off....
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • bulgarexbulgarex Posts: 2,310 Arc User
    spinnytop said:

Black Widow was always a recycled character.

I'm not sure I follow. "Recycled" from what? She's one of Marvel Comics' longest-standing female characters: former antagonist to American heroes, frequent Avenger, past partner of Daredevil, even leader of the short-lived Champions superhero team.
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    bulgarex said:

spinnytop said:

Black Widow was always a recycled character.

I'm not sure I follow. "Recycled" from what? She's one of Marvel Comics' longest-standing female characters: former antagonist to American heroes, frequent Avenger, past partner of Daredevil, even leader of the short-lived Champions superhero team.
    I'm curious as well. Natasha "Black Widow" Romanova is only seven months younger than I am, having debuted in an Iron Man story in Tales of Suspense #52, released in April of 1964. Her origin was, of course, retconned multiple times, with the secrecy endemic to the Soviet Union providing a convenient excuse for all of them. We do know that at some point, before being designated as the superspy Black Widow, Natasha received biological and technological enhancements that explain why someone who was a child during WWII is still young and vital today.

I think it's possible that Spinny's assuming that other, similar characters that he heard of before encountering the Widow must have come first; however, it seems unlikely that they in fact did so.
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • beezeezebeezeeze Posts: 927 Arc User
    Well she did start out as a pretty standard enemy spy femme fatale which was already an established stock character type even when she was introduced. Later she became a bodysuit clad female superspy with hi-tech gadgets and given enhanced abilities which maybe made her stand out a little more at the time but nowadays even that has become cliché. Still cool though.

edited February 2018
    > @bulgarex said:
    > Black Widow was always a recycled character.
    >
    > I'm not sure I follow. "Recycled" from what? She's one of Marvel Comics' longest-standing female characters: former antagonist to American heroes, frequent Avenger, past partner of Daredevil, even leader of the short-lived Champions superhero team.

If we're talking about the character based off the comics, calling Widow a "recycled" character is just ludicrous.

When it comes to the MCU, I guess the whole kick-**** female spec-ops in tights archetype has already been done to death in so many other movies. However it doesn't mean something new and refreshing story-wise can't be made for the character.
    edited February 2018
    From her comics history, and just the hints in the Marvel movies and TV series of what's been taken from that history, Black Widow has a rich, distinctive, and dramatic backstory to translate to film.
    edited March 2018
    bulgarex said:

Look at the lady in black, very sexy, she climb the building now, thank you fushigi.
    Spinny, I keep seeing you use the word, "fushigi." Looking it up it has several possible meanings and contexts -- would you mind specifying what you mean by it?
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
    I'd never seen the word before here, but I did subsequently discover that's one of the things it refers to. It's just that none of its meanings leapt out at me as particularly relevant to our discussions. Hence my request for clarification of intent. :)
    It's a ball designed to appear interesting and cool but that's really just another ball and there's nothing interesting about it whatsoever.
    Thank you. Noted for future reference. :)