test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Release Notes 3/8/2018

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,078 Cryptic Developer
edited March 2018 in Release Notes
For player's experiencing patching issues, please post here:
https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/championsonline/#/discussion/1210642/patching-issues-3-8-2018

ZEN Store
  • The Power Gem costume set has been added to the ZEN store.

Alert Bonus Event Week
New Event: Alert Bonus
  • During this event all alerts will gain a bonus to their Reward Circle rewards and Daily Mission rewards.

Grab Alert Bonuses
  • XP rewards from Grab alerts are boosted by 20%.
  • XP Boost buff from Grab alerts provides a 20% bonus to XP gains.

Smash Alert Bonuses
  • Recources rewards from Smash alerts are boosted by 30%.
  • Resource boost buff from Smash alerts provides a 30% bonus to resource gains.

Burst Alert Bonuses
  • 1 extra mod from Burst alerts
  • 20% chance to find a extra mod from a crafting node.
  • 15% chance to get an extra mod from defeating enemies. Rank3 to Rank4.
  • Burst Alerts can drop 3%, 5%, 7%, 10% or Safeguard catalysts.

Special Alert Bonuses
  • 2 additional UNTIL Recognition for completion.
  • Resource rewards from Harmon Labs, Green Dragon, Cybermind, Grab!, Fury of the Dragon, Forum Malvanum and Red Winter are boosted by 30%.
  • XP rewards from Cybermind and Forum Malvanum are boosted by 20%.

General
  • Questionite rewards from all daily alert missions are boosted by 20%. This does not include Vigilance, Nemesis Confrontation or Crisis missions.
  • Recognition rewards from all daily alert missions are boosted by 20%.

Misc
  • Pyramid Power now awards XP in addition to its regular rewards.
  • The Burst buff now gives a 10% chance at an additional mod drop from mobs.
  • Alert buffs now automatically apply to you when you complete the alert instead of having to pick them up.
  • Fixed a bug where the new eyepatch costume wasn't unlocking one side on males.
  • Fixed a bug where the fx on the Dragon Fang heavy weapon was not lining up correctly.
  • Fixed a bug where Telekinetic Barrage was not tagged properly for Ego Leech's energy reduction.
​​
Post edited by kaiserin#0958 on

Comments

• ultrashocultrashoc Posts: 41 Arc User
    Patch won't download. Same thing happened when I tried PTS a yesterday....
  • nevyn34nevyn34 Posts: 104 Arc User
    *Pyramid Power now awards XP in addition to its regular rewards.

Why? The rewards are not what make people avoid this Alert. You should add a money reward to Grabs instead for the already level 40's who have to run them for the APB or Grab alert dailies.
    Current Roster:

Frostbiter (Freeform Ice DPS)
    Battle Hazard (Unleashed AT)
    Glacial Tyrant (Glacier AT)
    Silver Mantra ( Freeform Single Blade DPS)
    Magnetros (Freeform Heavy Weapons/Lightning Hybrid)
  • jasinblazejasinblaze Posts: 1,360 Arc User
    the patch seems frozen at 3% on mine
  • solhusetsolhuset Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    same as Jasinblaze here, clogs up at 3%
    Restart launcher, run as admin, no dice.
    Swapping between Live and Public test does fire it up again (for another handful of kb's) and it does save the tiny progress it makes, but so far I've gotten 1 mb out of the whole patch after 10 minutes of this, so thats clearly not an option either.
  • layenelayene Posts: 63 Arc User
    My launcher was stuck at 6% for like 10 minutes but then suddenly completed. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯​​
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,022 Arc User
    kaizerin wrote: »
    Misc
    I really hope this will help Pyramind of Power's popularity
    waiting 30-40 minutes for a Burst Queue to pop is kind of ridiculous :/​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • spookyspectrespookyspectre Posts: 631 Arc User
    kaizerin said:

ZEN Store

​​
    I've been hoping for more gem costume options! YAYYYY!!! \o/
  • sekhmet46sekhmet46 Posts: 175 Arc User
    > @solhuset said:
    > same as Jasinblaze here, clogs up at 3%

This happened to me on the PTS patch for this content last night. Stuck at 0, 1, 2, or 3%. Tried restarting launcher, computer, no luck. Finally got it to work after about five tries after using the US patching proxy in Options, despite not knowing exactly what that was.
    Oh yes, setting to US patching proxy solved it for me too.

• themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    solhuset said:

Luxury! I can't get past 1% :/

zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • sekhmet46sekhmet46 Posts: 175 Arc User
    600 zen for Power Gems set? Lol, y'all meant 60 right? Can't imagine anyone thinking this is a fair price.

solhuset said:

Try changing it to US proxy. Patched up in less than a minute
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    Did they shut down Euro proxy?....
    :#
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • jasinblazejasinblaze Posts: 1,360 Arc User
    solhuset said:

solhuset said:

i switched to us proxy and it worked and i'm in Minnesota.
    solhuset said:

Those US hamsters aren't working any better for me.

zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • draogndraogn Posts: 1,269 Arc User
    avianos said:

Misc

I doubt it, adding xp doesn't fix the problems with pyramid of power. It also doesn't do much to improve the overall quality of rewards from the burst. I normally see mods ranked 2 or 3 only. The lowest rank that a burst should award is 4, anything lower is, imo, trash and only serves to clutter our bags.
  • zamuelpwezamuelpwe Posts: 668 Arc User
    kaizerin said:

Misc

​​
    Thank you. While not this specific thing, I and others have certainly suggested the Burst buff do more in the main game.
    "Interesting builds are born from limitations not by letting players put everything into one build."

-Sterga
    edited March 2018
    sekhmet46 wrote: »
    600 zen for Power Gems set? Lol, y'all meant 60 right? Can't imagine anyone thinking this is a fair price.
    600zen propably reflects the price for the new Gem material instead of the actual costume set
    Meh, Z-store costumes had been really underwelming lately (except of the mask pack)

all the quality costume sets are locked behind Lockboxes
    draogn wrote: »
    I doubt it, adding xp doesn't fix the problems with pyramid of power. It also doesn't do much to improve the overall quality of rewards from the burst. I normally see mods ranked 2 or 3 only. The lowest rank that a burst should award is 4, anything lower is, imo, trash and only serves to clutter our bags.
    Yeah this alert is damned to fail by design, why queuing for such time consuming burst alert with boss which is a bag of HP when you can beat Radiation Rumble in less than 5 minutes?​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • jeeb51jeeb51 Posts: 78 Arc User
    PYRAMID POWER alert: since the change to making it a BURST, it has lost even more popularity than before, this may be why, 1) far to long a alert for very little gain (maybe lowering the number needed to unlock 2nd area can help it be as quick as a RAD RUMBLE), 2) the fight has always seemed somewhat stale (many groups I've seen end up spreading out just to be the first one in the door leaving most of group to trudge through the adds until enough have been dealt with to unlock next part which ends up taking longer), my suggestion CHANGING the entrance to the back of the building where you have to fight the adds in the courtyard, that way no one will run to front & wait by door helping to keep the "teamwork" intact. Now this is all just my opinion/suggestion, some may like the alert as is BUT there is SOMETHING about this alert that makes players SHUDDER when it pops up... SOUND OFF CHAMPIONS, what do you think could be done with PYRAMID POWER to bring it back to its once GRAB ALERT "glory days"... i await your replies/suggestions
  • aaronkorraaronkorr Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    To be fair 600 is the norm for new costume sets and just looking at what is shown on the page for the new set? It is a complete set of pieces. 6 varieties of gems, 6 shown slots. 36 individual costume pieces, or 72 when you consider male and female. 60 for that much? Maybe in a fever dream.

Correction 7 slots 42, 84. Sounds fair.
    edited March 2018
    Fixing Pyramid Power would require either less mobs at the back of the building since there are more than the 25 needed to open the doors (which is why people sneak back around to the front, so they don't have to fight the additional outside mobs) or lowering the health of the boss, which would basically make it a re-skinned Rad Rumble. You'd probably have to lower the damage buff to both players and bosses though since Baron Cimmy hit me for 60k through a block yesterday.
    Current Roster:

• duke3eyeduke3eye Posts: 22 Arc User
    Can someone awaken the Server Hamster? It overslept.
  • layenelayene Posts: 63 Arc User
    duke3eye wrote: »
    Can someone awaken the Server Hamster? It overslept.

It woke!​​
  • duke3eyeduke3eye Posts: 22 Arc User
    Thank you!
  • grievehartgrievehart Posts: 192 Arc User
    Nice to increase alerts rewards.
    But sadly , i fear that all it's gonna do is detourning more people from game storyline quests, APs and CSs and bringing more leechers in alerts. And i begin to be really sick of starting points campers who leech their levels, scam team after team, claim rewards they do not earned or deserved, and shamelessly pose in ren cen or caprice as "awfully overpowered gods that noone can beat" despite their pathetic cowardice.
    So much time alerts exist in this game, and still nothing has ever been done to prevent people to just sit, wait and get rewarded for that. And other players, those who do all the work, have no recourse against it.
    Sorry for the salt, i'm happy to have an increase in my alerts rewards. But knowing that i will run in even more leechers than before because they are more encouraged and rewarded to leech prevent me to really appreciate it.
  • strongbeaustrongbeau Posts: 43 Arc User
    Still no Pulson RF Pistol weapon skin for Gadgeteer powers. Would love an answer for when that will make a come back.
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,425 Arc User
    I just wait until the Zen store costumes go on sale and pick them up then.
    sekhmet46 said:

JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,425 Arc User
    The XP will not be a draw for those at lvl 40 just doing it for extra SCR or Q. I foresee it not being much more popular than it has been. If lvl 40s got R5 mods for doing it that would be much more an inducement.
    avianos said:

Misc

JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    600z is a lot considering what it is. Sometimes the creative pride outshines the product
  • n8mcdn8mcd Posts: 332 Arc User
    Cutting the number of trash outside to 3 groups instead of 5 would at least speed Pyramid along, but the problems go beyond that, besides the trash phase outside, there is the pace breaking zone change (entering Dr Ka's), the disruption of not one, but two cutscenes, and finally what is often an absurdly drawn-out boss fight.

All of that without a compelling reward for most veteran players.

• n8mcdn8mcd Posts: 332 Arc User
    Is this patch really big or is the patch server really slow?
  • atlassarnosianatlassarnosian Posts: 169 Arc User
    kaizerin said:

ZEN Store

​​
    Prepare yourself for a new type of clone swarm.

@atlassarnosian
    Banner.png
    Playing CO since August 25, 2012
    Lifetime sub since July 6, 2017

YouTube|Steam|DeviantArt|FurAffinity
    "Don't call me lizard!"
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User

kaizerin said:

ZEN Store

​​
    We already have those in game....
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters

600z is a lot considering what it is.

Yup

zrdRBy8.png
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User

600z is a lot considering what it is.

Yup
    More so than the melee weapon packs?
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters

We already have those in game....

Well now we get more.

@atlassarnosian
    Banner.png

"Don't call me lizard!"
    edited March 2018
    YEAAAAH This set is NOT worth 600 Zen
    Hard Pass
    Ooooooooooooooooor people who are blessed with creativity enough to make their own Fandom Characters ingame and don't create clones

They are all busy starving during the show's Hiatus anyway​​
    Also just a new discovery. Being in relation to the Creepy thread, I remembered seeing a special red, diamond-shaped emblem on a corrupted version of the teddy bear in the PowerHouse Theater.

I take a closer look at the new costume pack, and...

Just how long have these gem stones been in development for only now to be given to us?
    @atlassarnosian
    Banner.png

"Don't call me lizard!"
  • huehuehuehuebrhuehuehuehuebr Posts: 2 Arc User
    I have two things to say here. One, why anyone would watch awful cartoons is beyond me. Two, this patcher is stuck at ~3% for everyone.

SOS
  • roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    Pyramid Power, with the new XP award should count as both a Grab and a Burst.
    That would solve the lack of popularity problem.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    I am getting patching problems too., either without any proxy or with the EU proxy it stalls after a few hundred kB, setting the US patching proxy did let me patch fully.
  • US patching proxy did the trick for me.
  • seanimusprimexseanimusprimex Posts: 47 Arc User
    I'm actually really impressed with what went into the gem pieces, now that I've actually bought and played with them. However, one thing that really, really, really annoys me is that the gems actually sit a few inches away from the body mesh, floating just above the skin. Can we please do something about this? Thank you.
  • kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,078 Cryptic Developer
    I'm actually really impressed with what went into the gem pieces, now that I've actually bought and played with them. However, one thing that really, really, really annoys me is that the gems actually sit a few inches away from the body mesh, floating just above the skin. Can we please do something about this? Thank you.

If you can post screenies of any egregious examples they can be looked at. In some cases there isn't much we can do without having the gem deform with the body, which doesn't look too good.​​
  • So i've been trying to patch CO for 3 hours now and it keeps getting stuck. Each hour the progress stops and I click Cancel then try to patch again, only for it to reach the same spot and freeze..
  • kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,078 Cryptic Developer
    For player's experiencing patching issues, please post here: https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/championsonline/#/discussion/1210642/patching-issues-3-8-2018​​
    The catalysts dropping from Bursts is actually pretty nice. You should permanently add that to Pyramid Power.
    Current Roster:

• kjodellkjodell Posts: 83 Arc User
    The fix for the dragon fang heavy weapon causes the female model to hold the sword way to low on the handle
  • mutantmaidsmutantmaids Posts: 118 Arc User
    kaizerin said:

If you can post screenies of any egregious examples they can be looked at. In some cases there isn't much we can do without having the gem deform with the body, which doesn't look too good.​​

In some cases it's too far from the body, in some cases it's too close, like with chestwears and headwears. Why not make a "X Gem Near/X Gem Far" option, so they can be used in a variety of ways?