test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Name Change?

I just realized, that my main an Behemoth, has the name of a old Gold Age Comic character, I did not do this on purpose. Captain Freedom, is there a free name change?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Captain_Freedom
Tagged:

Comments

• layenelayene Posts: 63 Arc User
    You can buy a name change token from the Zen store. There's an option to buy one from the character selection page on the right side.

To be honest, an obscure character like Captain Freedom will not get in trouble unless it's a full clone of the original and someone happens to recognize and then report it. My main happens to share a name with a minor enemy group in the Dragon Quest games. It was simply a coincidence and no one has called me out for it.​​
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    Captain Freedom is a public domain character. Even a clone should be fine.
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • sgtken60sgtken60 Posts: 252 Arc User
    edited March 2018

Captain Freedom is a public domain character. Even a clone should be fine.

Okay cool, I hate to lose him or rename him. Thank you.
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    If it be a trouble, you'd get a free namechange.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • layenelayene Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    [quote="themightyzenith;c-12800494"] Captain Freedom is a public domain character. Even a clone should be fine.
    [/quote]

Why'd you have to say that? Now the millions of people who read these forums will make Captain Freedom characters. It'll be pandemonium in the streets of Millennium City. No one will know who's who or how to address each other!!! ...after they get the patcher working.

Also, nice catch.​​
    edited March 2018
    layene said:

You can buy a name change token from the Zen store. There's an option to buy one from the character selection page on the right side.

To be honest, an obscure character like Captain Freedom will not get in trouble unless it's a full clone of the original and someone happens to recognize and then report it. My main happens to share a name with a minor enemy group in the Dragon Quest games. It was simply a coincidence and no one has called me out for it.​​

Not a clone, I did not even know even he existed, I based him a little off an old favorite of mine - Captain America. I was going to make a Sun Girl BUT, she is still a character with Marvel. I used have the 1948 issue #1 of her comic years ago. And thank you.

If it be a trouble, you'd get a free namechange.

Okay thanks
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    You can make Sun Girl,as long as the game accepts the name. And she doesn't look like Marvel or DC clone.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    edited March 2018

You can make Sun Girl,as long as the game accepts the name. And she doesn't look like Marvel or DC clone.

Okay thanks, I am not sure how I would set her up? --- AT I mean. I am a free account so I got just the basic so maybe Soldier AT?
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sun_Girl_(Marvel_Comics)

And thanks again
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User

for her it'd basically be just a walking flamethrower.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    If you think your name is illegal, you can self-report; if a GM agrees that should result in a free name change.
  • soulforgersoulforger Posts: 1,649 Arc User
    I have a character that shares her name with a copyrighted character, but, the two are nowhere near identical. At the same time, I can't rename her to give her a longer name with the origanl name for some reason. Which is funny as I had gotten her name a long time ago (first year CO was out), but now I cannot use it if I try to rename her. lol
    edited March 2018

If you think your name is illegal, you can self-report; if a GM agrees that should result in a free name change.

Well this is what I did and it got the okay the name is good, thanks for the idea.