test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Intelligence: Detect Vulnerability question

I've read that the Intelligence Specialization: Detect Vulnerability can't take a Damage Resistence bonus below zero and NPCs have up to a 20% Damage Resistance bonus. If I'm stacking Intelligence and have 37% Defense Penetration with 3/3 advantage points is it wasted advantage points to go that high? Should I be shooting for 20% Defense Penetration and use the extra advanatage point or two eslewhere?

Comments

• flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    It will be wasted vs. most trash and easier bosses. Cosmic-level threats can have very high base resistance, though, so its not necc a waste depending on the content ur doing. I guess a floater point could go to something like Tinkering, but that's not very notable in of itself either.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • spookyspectrespookyspectre Posts: 632 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    Thanks for the info! I do Cosmics a lot but definitely want to get the most out of dealing with trash mobs and easier bosses in other content. Not sure I'm loving the tradeoff considering Crit and Crit Severity works against everything if I take Ego or Dex as a PSS...
  • flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    Well, even trash can have 10-15%+ resist at higher ranks. Iirc, its only henchman that have no resist, but they die quickly anyways. Ofc, you can take Ego or Dex, but if ur already invested in Int and doing Cosmics then I think its fine to keep Int PSS.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    If you are going Int PSS, that spec is integral to your DPS vs. supervillains, legendaries, and cosmics.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • spookyspectrespookyspectre Posts: 632 Arc User
    I'm switching up my Int PSS toons now. I used o put 2 adv points into Tinkering and 1 into Detect Vulnerability (if at all), since I wasn't sure about the value of using them on Detect Vulnerability. Thanks for the sage advice!