test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Launcher Issues 3/5/2018 (Resolved)

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,077 Cryptic Developer
edited March 2018 in Super News Network
Some players may experience trouble connecting to the launcher. The issue is being looked into, unfortunately we don't have an ETA when it should be fixed. I'll update this thread when we have a timeframe.​​
Post edited by kaiserin#0958 on

Comments

• thelastsonofzodthelastsonofzod Posts: 658 Arc User
    *raises hand* This happened to me within the last few hours. Thanks for keeping us updated. I was worried it might be a problem on my end. :)
  • noyjitatpwenoyjitatpwe Posts: 98 Arc User
    The launcher issues have been happening randomly the last few days though I tend to notice it happens really late at night on the east coast.
  • heckfirehellkattheckfirehellkatt Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    I'm not sure if there's a connection, but when I started having this issue an hour ago (still unable to connect, BTW), I noticed I also couldn't connect to the Cryptic Studios website. Possibly a coincidence, but I just thought I'd mention it.
  • belive#3270 belive Posts: 1 New User
    Me to, launcher wont open either.
  • gkvector#0573 gkvector Posts: 11 Arc User
    Don't know if this is any help but here's what's in the packet log over and over:

180306 05:24:03 16 [1]: Link 46c700f0 (4) (pcl_client.c(1854)) disconnected: s_connectToServer
    180306 05:24:03 17 [1]: Link 46c700f0 (4) (pcl_client.c(1854)) added to remove list: s_connectToServer:linkQueueRemove(0:No error)
    180306 05:24:03 18 [1]: Link 46c700f0 (4) (pcl_client.c(1854)) added to remove list: s_connectToServer:linkQueueRemove:socket became invalid sending connection packet(0:No error)
    180306 05:24:03 19 [1]: Link 46c700f0 (4) (pcl_client.c(1854)) in linkFree: s_connectToServer:linkQueueRemove:socket became invalid sending connection packet(0:No error)
  • jasinblazejasinblaze Posts: 1,360 Arc User
    yeah mine won't connect either.
  • jcs718jcs718 Posts: 1 Arc User
    Yeah, me neither. This is fun.
  • commissarmikecommissarmike Posts: 2 Arc User
    It was working for me earlier and I played for hours. Tried again and no dice :/
  • noyjitatpwenoyjitatpwe Posts: 98 Arc User
    I don't get why we simply don't have the option to bypass the launcher. The game already has a check in place if you leave the client running during downtimes and patches you can login there. The gameclient then scans and If you're files are out of date it
    boots you with an error message "your game client files are out of date etc"
  • madannadmadannad Posts: 1 New User
    I'm having the same problem. Also noticed there was no tweet about the issue and that is where I look first if I have an issue logging in.
  • kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,077 Cryptic Developer
    I've been informed the issue should be resolved now, please post if you are still experiencing it.​​
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    I noticed that for some reason I had a message pop up claiming my game was patching even though I normally have patch on demand turned off.... then it hung when I left Hi-Pan...
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • screwthisprocessscrewthisprocess Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    Test server launcher seems to be broken for me, does not patch.

NVM, it is updating now
    Post edited by screwthisprocess on
  • solhusetsolhuset Posts: 40 Arc User
    both live and test server patchers are really broken for me. Both refuse to patch more than a handful kb's before it freezes
  • angelheart71angelheart71 Posts: 27 Arc User
    Live server Launcher just says patching... but won't go any further, Test Server Launcher only gets to 6% patched and won't go any further. Very Sad :(
This discussion has been closed.