test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Constant Disconnections

I think you guys need a new hamster. I've been TRYING to play the game, but being disconnected every 5 minutes is making it rather difficult.

(And no, it's not at my end, I've had no problems with internet or any other games... well, except Star Trek Online, which is ALSO Cryptic.)
Once, I was simply called Mojo. Now, I'm forced into a new name, but don't be fooled, I'm the original STO Mojo!

Crafting, Exploration and Interaction as it should be:
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1108521

Comments

• Options
    nextnametakennextnametaken Posts: 2,212 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    Yeah I got all of five minutes in game before server not responding. Also the trace route goes all the way to New york before going all the way back to California. That network is garbage.

There are complaints about this in the Steam discussion group as well.

• Options
    soulforgersoulforger Posts: 1,649 Arc User
    Must be something new, though, I last played STO a few days ago with no issues. Something might be up that is beyond Cryptic's control at the moment. So, it might be best to keep giving the games a try. If it keeps DCing, than just stop for the day. Also, if you haven't put in a ticket, you should, with any and all info that could help (computer specs, internet connection speeds, etc.). Is it just a simple SNR that pops up every 5 minutes, or an actual DC? So on and so forth. Simply complaining about it will not solve anything.

There are two things about bugs in a game (or any program for that matter), that I like to tell people. Just because you are experiencing it, doesn't mean eveyone will experience it. And the opposite is also true, just because you do not experience it, doesn't mean that it doesn't exist. So, while I did not have issues with the games the last time I played, I will not jsut dismiss your issues. Rather I will just point you to putting in a ticket with all info that might be relevent (which can be a lot). Cause, sometimes, it might be something you did not even consider (like another program somehow interfering with the games unintentionally), some times, the problem is not with either you, or the company behind the game, but, rather, something going on with the ISPs, or even local internet traffic. So, you should never tell a company that they need new hamsters., cause that might very well not be the case.

Though, with CO's servers...that might be a wise thing for them to do anyways. Even companies with older games have upgraded the hardware their servers are on at least once. Though, that is a budget issue, that they will need to figure out how to work around, if they choose to update/upgrade their hardware. But, even if they do get new "hamseters (hardware), doesn't neccessarly mean, that issues with the servers would go away. For some people, there will be no change, for others, things will get better, and even others, things will get worse.
  • Options
    rapha22#0665 rapha22 Posts: 1 Arc User
    I do not have issues too
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    I had for a few days my traceroute going through a different company than Cogent. It was actually worse. Then I have my , you beaut, brand new NBN modem, which not only drops out as much as the old adsl one but also turns off.
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    magpieuk2014magpieuk2014 Posts: 1,268 Arc User
    You could try using one of the proxy servers. I use the North American one - even though I'm not in North America - and that has fixed a good few of my connection issues. I think a lot of people have trouble with the ISP that provides the last few stages of the connection within the US and the NA proxy server seems to get around that bottleneck. You can select it from Options in the launcher or use other ones via the command line.