test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Power armor build help plz

Can someone help me with an "Endgame DPS" Power Armor Build?

I really want to go for Weapons over Lasers, but Electric Form gives way more base damage than Targeting Computer
And it gives the equilibrium/energy recovery so I feel like weapons are kinda outclassed
Not to mention Orbital cannon scales with Electric form and not Targeting Computer
Speaking of which is Orbital Cannon even good?
I really want to use Iplosion engine over Fire all Weapons, but I've been told it's not meant for damage
It doesn't even crit
Anyways, some pointers would be really appreciated.
Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    Targeting Comp is best for dpsing w/ Ranged Tech powers, cause of the LockOn debuff also giving large boosts to crit and severity for a passive. Orbital Cannon is Ranged Tech, so TC should also affect it - though if going w/ PA I wouldn't generally use non-PA attacks, as slotted PA toggles lockout all other power types for the duration (and for a delay after deactivating). And yea, Explosion Engine's main utility is its large pull-in, though Fire All Weapons isn't as strong as a dps ult if you can already run 3 attacks at once (its more used for its wide AoE burst dps).

Power lockouts aside, the main issue w/ slotted PA builds by far is energy management. Even 2 toggles at once can be very costly (though still decent dps)- 3 toggles almost necessitates something like CoAP and strong gear to work out.

Here's a 3-toggle PA build; built somewhat as a glass cannon:

(Unnamed Build) - Freeform
    v2.4.1-29

Super Stats
    Level 6: Ego (Primary)
    Level 10: Endurance (Secondary)
    Level 15: Recovery (Secondary)

Talents
    Level 1: The Tempest (Dex: 8, Ego: 10, Rec: 10, End: 10)
    Level 6: Daredevil (Ego: 5, End: 5)
    Level 9: Worldly (Ego: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 12: Amazing Stamina (Rec: 5, End: 5)
    Level 15: Shooter (Dex: 5, Ego: 5)
    Level 18: Accurate (Dex: 5, End: 5)
    Level 21: Impresario (Dex: 5, Rec: 5)

Powers
    Level 1: Power Bolts (advantages)
    Level 1: Mini Gun (Rank 2, U-238 Rounds, Infrared Guidance System)
    Level 6: Concentration (advantages)
    Level 8: Targeting Computer (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 11: Overdrive
    Level 14: Micro Munitions (Rank 2, Alpha Strike)
    Level 17: Reconstruction Circuits (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 20: Dual Wrist Rocket Barrage (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 23: Resurgence (Rank 2)
    Level 26: Masterful Dodge (advantages)
    Level 29: Energy Shield (Rank 2, Phalanx Defense System)
    Level 32: Circle of Arcane Power (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 35: Lock N Load (Rank 2)
    Level 38: Blinding Light (advantages)
    Adv. Points: 34/36

Travel Powers
    Level 6:
    Level 35:

Specializations
    Ego: Force of Will (2/2)
    Ego: Insight (3/3)
    Ego: Follow Through (3/3)
    Ego: Sixth Sense (2/3)
    Guardian: Fortified Gear (3/3)
    Guardian: Ruthless (2/2)
    Guardian: Find the Mark (2/3)
    Guardian: The Best Defense (3/3)
    Vindicator: Aggressive Stance (2/2)
    Vindicator: Merciless (3/3)
    Vindicator: Focused Strikes (2/3)
    Vindicator: Mass Destruction (3/3)
    Mastery: Ego Mastery (1/1)

Minigun applies a dmg debuff that boosts all your PA attacks, so you generally want to use it by default. MicroMuni has a better AoE component then most PA toggles, while Wrist Rockets deal single target dps. Ideal dps is running all 3 toggles, and likely having to stand in CoAP to not run out of energy when doing so. Recon Circuits can be used in the Chest slot instead, if you need to heal while dpsing. The build also has a 100ft threat wipe, a ranked block, and 2 Active Defenses to fall back on.

Since the build is Con-less, you prob want to get some growth mods in defensive gear to help boost your maxHP. Gears mostly for Ego, w/ some End & Rec for extra energy. Other SS setups could work too (ex. DEX/Int/End, INT/End/Rec, DEX/End/Rec w/ Chilled Form, etc) but they all involve investing pretty heavily into energy-related stats.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • Options
    > @flowcyto said:

Yeah, my build used to look very similar to this.
    idk, I guess I just don't feel very unique :/

My super (unrealistic and inefficient) dps idea that I had after I changed my build was to have like a bunch of things all going off at once, even further beyond the 3 power armor toggles. Like I would have: Munitions bots (Turret Mode), Orbital Cannon (Anvil of dawn), and Implosion Engine all doing damage independently and then I'd have my 3 power armor toggles firing on top of that. I also had support drones in there too, but I took them out after I remembered that they don't have 100ft range in damage mode. Do you think there's any way to possibly accomplish my dream? ;_;
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    Not really- esp since normal pet powers give you a stacking energy penalty when used (so ur exacerbating the PA energy problem), and also just cause pet builds aren't suited to high-end play (and pets are kinda weak when they are built around- w/ aura passives and such).

You can still open w/ something like Orbital Cannon as an alpha strike in a PA build. The PA toggles will lockout easy use of powers like that once you start going into them, though.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
  • Options
    >@flowcyto said:

I took out the pets and I'm still having energy issues, how is the dps for Endurance mastery?
  • Options
    End PSS is not great, since you're not likely to get much mileage from Outburst, and even its Mastery isn't that strong for energy returns.

You likely just need better quality gear, or to invest more in energy stats. 3 toggles at once is def possible once you throw CoAP in, though it still takes relatively good gearing.
  • Options
    flowcyto said:

Oh that makes sense, yeah I do have pretty shitty gear right now.
  • Options
    So, is Unbreakable a viable replacement for Masterful Dodge? I don't really trust Masterful Dodge >_>
  • Options
    criswolf09criswolf09 Posts: 748 Arc User
    They could replace the block power for Force shield with its adv for the extra energy that comes from tapping it.
    Useful Guides about Archetypes and General Gameplay of the Game Click Here
  • Options
    nytrone said:

So, is Unbreakable a viable replacement for Masterful Dodge? I don't really trust Masterful Dodge >_>

You get well over 100% dodge w/ r1 MD (and around 50-55% avoidance w/ base stats), so that means you effectively half each incoming hit guaranteed while its up.

Unbreakable is weaker vs. large hits, and unlike MD has reason to be ranked. It can still be an okay AD, but I generally consider MD more efficient atm.
  • Options
    flowcyto said:

Wait, so what if I went for more of a tank build ( I hate dieing so much as dps) ? I think defiance gives energy when you get hit, and @criswolf09 Mentioned Force sheath's energy return aspect. Do you think those two things alone could sustain 3 power armor toggles without Circle of Arcane Power? I ask because I've heard the other circle, "Primal Domination" is perfect for tanks. If I could have a build where I can just relentlessly shoot at things without dieing I would love it.

I wanna be an unstoppable, killing machine :3

Is that possible? I hope it is, that would be so much fun. Plz give me any tips if you could.
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    Yes, you can switch to a tank build w/ Defiance, though you'll want Challenge advs in groups to secure threat then. You prob still need CoAP for using 3 toggles at once, cause even if you have Defiance energy, the Tank role has energy penalties and you're putting less stats towards energy/dps and more towards Con then. You can take both circles and pick between being defensive w/ CoPD and 2 toggles, or going pure dps w/ CoAP and 3 toggles.

(Unnamed Build) - Freeform
    v2.4.2-29

Super Stats
    Level 6: Ego (Primary)
    Level 10: Constitution (Secondary)
    Level 15: Endurance (Secondary)

Talents
    Level 1: The Tempest (Dex: 8, Ego: 10, Rec: 10, End: 10)
    Level 6: Daredevil (Ego: 5, End: 5)
    Level 9: Worldly (Ego: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 12: Amazing Stamina (Rec: 5, End: 5)
    Level 15: Shooter (Dex: 5, Ego: 5)
    Level 18: Accurate (Dex: 5, End: 5)
    Level 21: Impresario (Dex: 5, Rec: 5)

Powers
    Level 1: Power Bolts (advantages)
    Level 1: Mini Gun (Rank 2, U-238 Rounds, Infrared Guidance System)
    Level 6: Concentration (advantages)
    Level 8: Defiance (advantages)
    Level 11: Overdrive
    Level 14: Micro Munitions (Rank 2, Rank 3, Challenge!)
    Level 17: Reconstruction Circuits (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 20: Dual Wrist Rocket Barrage (Rank 2, Rank 3, Challenge!)
    Level 23: Resurgence (Rank 2)
    Level 26: Masterful Dodge (advantages)
    Level 29: Energy Shield (Rank 2, Phalanx Defense System)
    Level 32: Circle of Arcane Power (Rank 2)
    Level 35: Circle of Primal Dominion (Rank 2)
    Level 38: Fire All Weapons (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Adv. Points: 34/36

Travel Powers
    Level 6:
    Level 35:

Specializations
    Ego: Force of Will (2/2)
    Ego: Insight (3/3)
    Ego: Follow Through (2/3)
    Ego: Sixth Sense (3/3)
    Guardian: Fortified Gear (3/3)
    Guardian: Ruthless (2/2)
    Guardian: Find the Mark (2/3)
    Guardian: The Best Defense (3/3)
    Vindicator: Aggressive Stance (2/2)
    Vindicator: Merciless (3/3)
    Vindicator: Focused Strikes (2/3)
    Vindicator: Mass Destruction (3/3)
    Mastery: Ego Mastery (1/1)

CON/Int/End could also work for SS's, if you want more self-healing and passive knock resistance, but less dps.