test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Help with water build

benoitseanbenoitsean Posts: 322 Arc User
I would like to create a water build. The thing is is that I'm a silver member with a free form slot so I can't color any of the powers. So no TK or Arcane abilities. I was thinking of Force since it looks like water and I don't really have to recolor anything. I might even take some wind attacks like Gust or Typhoon with the Cold Front advantage. My character is going to look like she is made out of water so all of the abilities should look like it's naturally coming from her body. I don't have the invisible weapon skin so absolutely no weapons of any kind.

I was also thinking of having CON as my PSS and DEX as one of my SS. But I'm torn between INT or REC for the other SS (I hate having energy issues). Also IDF is a definite must. I don't really care about damage that much. Survival first, damage second. As for the passive I don't know if I should go with Personal Force Field or Invulnerability.

I was also thinking of playing in hybrid role. Plus she should be strictly ranged (no melee). I would also like nothing but maintains, no taps (my hands tend to cramp up sometimes). I know that this might seem like I'm asking for a lot and if it is than I'm sorry. If anyone can help me on this then I give you my thanks for taking the time. Thank you all.

Comments

• flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    IDF kinda sucks atm, though; I wouldn't generally recommend it. Con PSS also isn't ideal for non-tanks (and even arguably not ideal for tanks). Also, there aren't any maintained attacks in Force other than Crushing Wave (and its not great imo, and kinda redundant w/ Hurricane anyways), so you prob wouldn't have good single-target dps options. I am a bit confused, though, since you also mentioned using powers that aren't maintains (Gust, Typhoon)- I'm guessing charged powers are okay?
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • benoitseanbenoitsean Posts: 322 Arc User
    I am willing to use some abilities from wind so long as they kind of resemble water. I might be able to do a Force/Wind build.
    edited February 2018
    Okay, but again, are chargeable abilities fine? (you said maintains only, so its a bit confusing) Cause if so, then that opens up a good deal more options for you.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    Yeah I think I can consider putting in some chargeable abilities. If you think it can help the build then go ahead.
    Okay, here's an attempt at it w/ the parameters in mind:

(Unnamed Build) - Freeform
    v2.4.2-29

Super Stats
    Level 6: Ego (Primary)
    Level 10: Endurance (Secondary)
    Level 15: Constitution (Secondary)

Talents
    Level 1: The Scourge (Con: 10, Ego: 10, Rec: 10, End: 8)
    Level 6: Ascetic (Con: 5, Ego: 5)
    Level 9: Boundless Reserves (Con: 5, End: 5)
    Level 12: Daredevil (Ego: 5, End: 5)
    Level 15: Quick Recovery (Con: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 18: Worldly (Ego: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 21: Amazing Stamina (Rec: 5, End: 5)

Powers
    Level 1: Wind Lash (advantages)
    Level 1: Hurricane (Rank 2, Perfect Storm)
    Level 6: Wind Reverberation
    Level 8: Invulnerability (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 11: Concentration (advantages)
    Level 14: Force Blast (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 17: Conviction (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 20: Typhoon (Rank 2, Rank 3, Cold Front)
    Level 23: Force Shield (Rank 2, Rank 3, Force Sheathe)
    Level 26: Resurgence (Rank 2)
    Level 29: Masterful Dodge (advantages)
    Level 32: Lock N Load (Rank 2)
    Level 35: Aurora (advantages)
    Level 38: Electric Sheath (Matter – Energy Union)
    Adv. Points: 33/36

Travel Powers
    Level 6:
    Level 35:

Specializations
    Ego: Force of Will (2/2)
    Ego: Insight (3/3)
    Ego: Follow Through (3/3)
    Ego: Sixth Sense (2/3)
    Guardian: Fortified Gear (3/3)
    Guardian: Ruthless (2/2)
    Guardian: Find the Mark (2/3)
    Guardian: The Best Defense (3/3)
    Vindicator: Aggressive Stance (2/2)
    Vindicator: Merciless (3/3)
    Vindicator: Focused Strikes (3/3)
    Vindicator: Mass Destruction (2/3)
    Mastery: Ego Mastery (1/1)

Main attacks are Hurricane (up-close AoE), Typhoon (long-ranged AoE and opener attack), and Force Blast (ranged single-target and CC). All the other stuff is there to supplement it or to make you more survivable (most are taps, but that can't really be avoided, and many have longer cds anyways). Gears mostly for Ego, w/ some Con and End/Rec.
    Thanks Flow. This looks interesting. I'll give it a try.