test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Post Pending Approval?

brfabeirasbrfabeiras Posts: 182 Arc User
I was writing a post a few minutes ago, took me half an hour to finish it. When I tried to edit it to fix some layout problems, a message appeared saying my post was pending approval (or something like that). Now my post just vanished lol

Is that a bug? I'll never see my post again? It will actually be approved?

If not, guess I'll need to write everything all over again :'(

Comments

• sahadiamxsahadiamx Posts: 17 Arc User
    I've been having the same issue lately, is that a problem with the forums?? Or there is a reason for it??
  • nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    These forums are buggy as hell.
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User

I was writing a post a few minutes ago, took me half an hour to finish it. When I tried to edit it to fix some layout problems, a message appeared saying my post was pending approval (or something like that). Now my post just vanished lol

Is that a bug? I'll never see my post again? It will actually be approved?

If not, guess I'll need to write everything all over again :'(

I make a habit of copying any long posts i type up into notepad before hitting submit.

On the STO forum we pooled observations and concluded that the #1 cause of posts disappearing when edited is that the edited version had nearly the same length as the original. Thus people will often append something to the end of the post just to make sure the edit monster doesn't eat it.

Example: Words for the word throne!
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • brfabeirasbrfabeiras Posts: 182 Arc User

I make a habit of copying any long posts i type up into notepad before hitting submit.

On the STO forum we pooled observations and concluded that the #1 cause of posts disappearing when edited is that the edited version had nearly the same length as the original. Thus people will often append something to the end of the post just to make sure the edit monster doesn't eat it.

Example: Words for the word throne!

That was a common problem at Marvel Heroes Forums too, I used to copy/paste my build posts before submiting them. But this never happened to me here lol

I'll keep that in mind now, thanks.
  • aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    World of Warcraft's forum software, for the longest time, would simply "time out" a post if you took too long writing it, so when you'd click submit, it would throw some error and your post would be gone. This taught me to always copy posts into the clipboard before submitting, just in case. No matter which forum I'm on. :)​​
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    aesica said:

World of Warcraft's forum software, for the longest time, would simply "time out" a post if you took too long writing it, so when you'd click submit, it would throw some error and your post would be gone. This taught me to always copy posts into the clipboard before submitting, just in case. No matter which forum I'm on. :)​​

Wikia comment sections do that too. The error message claims it's a safeguard against "session hijacking" Um.. sure.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters