test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Trouble with Healers/Controllers

So, I have come up against an issue that I have not seen discussed before, and I am hoping someone might have some advice. Because Healing and CCing are based on PRE, not many healers or ccers have much in the way of Ego or Str. My CCer is Int/Pre/Con and my Healer is Pre/Ego/Con, both of which stack the heck out of Pre. Having AoPM helps some, but still, Having an Ego over 200 is pretty rare, and a decent Str is even rarer.

Since Ego and Str are what are used to break out of holds, this puts Healers & CCers at a disadvantage to most other builds in breaking out. Yes, yes, I know, "block earlier," but sometimes life can get busy in the middle of combat and one misses a block here and there. I have noticed that it takes much longer to break out on my healer and ccer than it does on my DPS and tank. I mean, sure, only a few seconds, but those can make a big difference. I do have a "breakout" power on each, two on the Healer, actually, but I have those on my DPS and tanks, as well. Obviously, I don't want to give up heal/CC duration mod slots for more hold resist.

So, I am asking if anyone has any other suggestions for ways to break holds quicker on toons without Ego or Str focus?
- - - - -
SIGNATURE:
Used to be coach on the forums. Still @coach in game.

Comments

• kamokamikamokami Posts: 1,633 Arc User

So, I am asking if anyone has any other suggestions for ways to break holds quicker on toons without Ego or Str focus?

Check out primary def pieces that help you break out of holds. Legions BP of Freedom as an example. If you want to keep your full justice setup, look into the defense mods that reduce duration. These are very effective and healers don't make great use of the prim def core slots anyway.

If the issue really bugs you then also look into taking Ascension and Resurgence+adv.
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    You can also take Con as a primary superstat. The Unyielding and Resilient specs are pretty effective.
  • roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    kamokami said:

If the issue really bugs you then also look into taking Ascension and Resurgence+adv.

I will echo this suggestion. My healers and controllers typically have these two powers.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • pwestolemynamepwestolemyname Posts: 978 Arc User
    kamokami said:

Check out primary def pieces that help you break out of holds. Legions BP of Freedom as an example. If you want to keep your full justice setup, look into the defense mods that reduce duration. These are very effective and healers don't make great use of the prim def core slots anyway.

Cool, thanks, I will look into that. I think my Def mods are like +HP.

I do have Ascension. I took MD instead of Resurge because the MD+BCR is a good combo for healers. Most of my characters do have Resurg+Adv and an AO. I might retcon back into Resurg.
    - - - - -
    SIGNATURE:
    Used to be coach on the forums. Still @coach in game.
  • kamokamikamokami Posts: 1,633 Arc User

I do have Ascension. I took MD instead of Resurge because the MD+BCR is a good combo for healers. Most of my characters do have Resurg+Adv and an AO. I might retcon back into Resurg.

Yeah MD is def better for a healer than Resurg...even without BCR. I'd only take Resurg if the adv relieves a big pain for me.