test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Shadow Wings R2 is unoptimized and aesthetically obtrusive

theteostartheteostar Posts: 6 Arc User
edited February 2018 in Gameplay Bugs
Rank 1 of Shadow Wings is fine, and I have experienced no performance issues or anything, but once I got Rank 2 it got annoying. There is such a big jump from the visuals of Rank 1 to Rank 2, you would think I got Rank 3 instead.

The new trail effects added with Rank 2 are way too obtrusive and opaque, you cannot see a thing. Also when I'm flying, and the camera is positioned behind my character and the effects are straight up against me/the screen, my FPS drops from 60 to 30. (and just stays at 30, and doesn't drop lower than that, it's like it activates some FPS cap or something) I have no idea how Rank 3 is, I only bought this power a couple of days ago. The effects just need to be toned down so they're more transparent and smaller or something, also optimized so they don't tank performance-wise.

Also, can the default color of the explosion when you first activate the ability be changed from the orange/fiery color it is currently, to purple (so it matches the Darkness set). I assume the explosion is fiery orange due to an oversight when most of assets for this travel power were copied from Phoenix Flight.

Comments

• Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    One of the reasons I don't use Shadow Wings, incredible laggy
    and unfortunately I found out about this after buying the Travel Power, ending up not using, same thing happened with Phoenix Flight except this one loves to take over the screen and hurt my eyes

If DEVs could look at it and reduce the resources the visuals are taking it would be neat​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    revanantmoriturirevanantmorituri Posts: 391 Arc User
    I've given up on Phoenix flight: now use holographic black ice wings with Fire Flight and a combat Flame (Back) aura.

For the OP's sake, is there a back shadow/darkness/smoke aura?
    -
    Formerly @Seschat pre PWEmerger. @Seschat on the Titan boards.

Supporter of the Titan Project.
  • Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    For the OP's sake, is there a back shadow/darkness/smoke aura?
    Unfortunately there are not any, only Bright/Plasma one from the Mega Destroit open mission, the Lava ones from Qwyjibo (and GCR Store) as well as the Psionic ones from worm OP from Qliphothic warzone (and the GCR store aura needs the 10 defeat perk)

Fire Wing aura is also very overwhelming on huge wings i may add​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    redcastle56redcastle56 Posts: 133 Arc User
    Agreed about the shadow wings. Have to pull the camera back a huge distance to be able to see anything past them while in use. Cut down the shadow trail significantly please.
  • Options
    theteostartheteostar Posts: 6 Arc User
    Oh, it's nice to hear I'm not the only person experiencing problems with Shadow Wings. (although I wish there were no problems with it at all) I do hope this can be fixed, or it is basically wasted Zen. :(