test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Useful Attack Devices for a Healer

jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,431 Arc User
If one is attempting to make as dedicated a healer as possible, and wants to add an attack or two from devices, what are the most useful devices for that role?
JwLmWoa.png
Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!

Comments

• roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    Big AoE: Psionic Accelerator--good AoE damage, huge area, and will have nice paralyze if your Pre is high.

Single Target Ranged: Omicron Enhanced Strength or Psychic Surge--okay ranged damage, short cool down

PBAoE: Neuroelectric Pulse Generator--nice damage vs melee, including significant knock to get mobs off you, short CD

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    Eroded Shard is nice to keep adds off you. (If tank gets aggro) has an mediocrr dmg.

Radion's Revenge for Burn Through debuff to help your team's particle and crushing dmg and deals mediocre dmg.

mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User

If one is attempting to make as dedicated a healer as possible, and wants to add an attack or two from devices, what are the most useful devices for that role?

Probably one of the stronger summon devices, as they aren't dependent on you having high damage bonuses.
  • kamokamikamokami Posts: 1,633 Arc User

Psionic, Ice Grenades, Dinos, Invocation of the Eclipse, Shattering Rain, there's also that shadow blast-pull device at the GCR vendor (costs scr only)
  • pwestolemynamepwestolemyname Posts: 978 Arc User
    Here is what I carry on my Healer.
    * Psionic Accelerator
    * Archer's Memory
    * Empowered Dragon Staff
    * Revenency
    * Supernatural Possession
    * Cloak of the Infinite Planes - I know many people scoff at this one, but since it has no CD, it make a good filler when you don't have anything else to do.

I also like
    * Perpetrator Incapacitation Device
    * Banishment
    * Devouring Shadows
    * Shattering Rain
    * Ice Grenade, of course

Other things you might think about
    * Zombie Bone
    * Poisoned Shuriken

Also, for soloing, definitely get a DPS summons device. I use Rex just because I had one handy, but he's actually a pretty good little DPSer.

These devices really do make low-damage builds much more viable.
    - - - - -
    SIGNATURE:
    Used to be coach on the forums. Still @coach in game.
  • rtmartma Posts: 1,198 Arc User
    Meanwhile those that don't have the privilege to use such devices, you always got pet powers available in certain frameworks.
    Want to get to know me a bit better, Click me and take a read of My Dragon Profile Page, it's a bit dated but still relevant.

I take this quote from a review that I agree with.

"customisation is so linear; everyone is after the optimal dps:survivability ratio with 0 reliance on other players = autonomous gameplay... Players don't need each other anymore... which in my opinion is a bad thing."
  • shadowolf505shadowolf505 Posts: 697 Arc User
    If you're Freeform of course.
    rtma wrote: »
    Meanwhile those that don't have the privilege to use such devices, you always got pet powers available in certain frameworks.
    ​​
    || Main Tank || DPSer || Healer || CCer || Altoholic || @shadowolf505 in game ||
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,431 Arc User
    The point to my question is that I am trying to make as dedicated a healer as possible, but sometimes even a healer may need some attacks, so I trying to find the device attacks that seem the most useful and that don't break the bank. Some good ideas so far.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    I know of the question, just making a reply to his point.
    Here is what I carry on my Healer.
    * Psionic Accelerator
    * Archer's Memory
    * Empowered Dragon Staff
    * Revenency
    * Supernatural Possession
    * Cloak of the Infinite Planes - I know many people scoff at this one, but since it has no CD, it make a good filler when you don't have anything else to do.

I also like
    * Perpetrator Incapacitation Device
    * Banishment
    * Devouring Shadows
    * Shattering Rain
    * Ice Grenade, of course

Other things you might think about
    * Zombie Bone
    * Poisoned Shuriken

Also, for soloing, definitely get a DPS summons device. I use Rex just because I had one handy, but he's actually a pretty good little DPSer.

These devices really do make low-damage builds much more viable.
    kamokami wrote: »

Psionic, Ice Grenades, Dinos, Invocation of the Eclipse, Shattering Rain, there's also that shadow blast-pull device at the GCR vendor (costs scr only)

Are probably your best bet on the devices. NPG is really nice for a healer, but the price of it is hurtful. :(​​
    || Main Tank || DPSer || Healer || CCer || Altoholic || @shadowolf505 in game ||
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,431 Arc User
    ATM I am going with Archer's Memory (since I had one lying around) and Psionic Accelerator (wish it could be colored) because it's so dang useful and I still had some Drifter currency.
    JwLmWoa.png
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    ATM I am going with Archer's Memory (since I had one lying around) and Psionic Accelerator (wish it could be colored) because it's so dang useful and I still had some Drifter currency.

That saddens me about the Psi Accel too. It fits my Psy-Bee toon so well but can't be colored. :( Maybe in the future it can? :')​​
  • pwestolemynamepwestolemyname Posts: 978 Arc User
    Can any devices be colored? That would be cool, but I haven't checked.
    - - - - -
    SIGNATURE:
    Used to be coach on the forums. Still @coach in game.
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    Some devices can be colored (though there is no UI to do so, so you can only color them by changing the color of all your powers), some cannot.