test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Theme Build: Berzerker

grimvanegrimvane Posts: 49 Arc User
edited January 2018 in Builds and Roles
Theme: Former pro wrestler turned engine of destruction. Prefers sadistically toying with his enemies over quick annihilation.

Worst Build Ever - Freeform
v2.3.2-28

Super Stats
Level 6: Strength (Primary)
Level 10: Dexterity (Secondary)
Level 15: Constitution (Secondary)

Talents
Level 1: The Hero (Str: 8, Dex: 8, Con: 8, Int: 8, Ego: 8, Pre: 8, Rec: 6, End: 6)
Level 6: Amazing Stamina (Rec: 5, End: 5)
Level 9: Quick Recovery (Con: 5, Rec: 5)
Level 12: Impresario (Dex: 5, Rec: 5)
Level 15: Relentless (Str: 5, Rec: 5)
Level 18: Covert Ops Training (Str: 3, Dex: 3, Con: 3, Int: 3)
Level 21: Jack of All Trades (Str: 2, Dex: 2, Con: 2, Int: 2, Ego: 2, Pre: 2, Rec: 2, End: 2)

Powers
Level 1: Clobber
Level 1: Defensive Combo (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 6: Retaliation
Level 8: Aura of Primal Majesty (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 11: Force Eruption (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 14: Vicious Descent (Relentless, Work Up)
Level 17: Seismic Smash (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 20: Energy Wave (Rank 2, Reverse Polarity)
Level 23: Telekinetic Maelstrom (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 26: Unbreakable (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 29: Electric Sheath (Matter – Energy Union)
Level 32: Conviction (Rank 2)
Level 35: Enrage (Giant Growth)
Level 38: Molecular Self-Assembly
Adv. Points: 36/36

Travel Powers
Level 6: Flight
Level 35: Athletics

Specializations
Strength: Physical Peak (3/3)
Strength: Aggression (2/2)
Strength: Brutality (2/2)
Strength: Juggernaut (3/3)
Warden: Fortified Gear (3/3)
Warden: Slaughter (3/3)
Warden: Ruthless (1/2)
Warden: The Best Defense (3/3)
Vindicator: Aggressive Stance (2/2)
Vindicator: Merciless (3/3)
Vindicator: Modified Gear (2/2)
Vindicator: Mass Destruction (3/3)
Mastery: Vindicator Mastery (1/1)

I haven't left the powerhouse yet. My gear isn't the greatest for testing this out but I'm not completely satisfied with the performance against 5 player team hard opponent groups. Survivability is the issue, although I don't actually use block, ever, so...

My rotation is:
Conviction
Vicious Descent
TK Maelstrom
Energy Wave
Force Eruption
Seismic Smash
Defensive Combo or Vicious Descent (back to top)

I'm a theme-addict. AoPM and Electric Sheath are the only powers up for debate, but stats/gear/spec/adv points are all on the table. I'm guessing I would have energy issues if I swapped AoPM for Invulnerability, although I do have a lot of things constantly coming off CD. Maybe I just need to play better and use Conviction/Block more?
Post edited by grimvane on

Comments

• Options
    flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,776 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    Unfortunately, Defense Combo innately adds threat, and that's not a great thing to have if ur not a proper tank. Force Eruption is also kinda counterproductive if also using melee attacks. Imo, you don't really need both Vicious Decent and Seismic Smash, but I guess that does give you more ways to proc MSA..

Its not a great dps AoE, but Havoc Stomp works w/ EWave after it pulls enemies in, and still can proc Enrage. Generally its also not advised to take a support passive aura like AoPM in Hybrid role w/o Pres, as it can clash w/ AoPM from Support allies, but if ur just doing lower-end content then I guess that's not a big issue.

TK Maelstrom is a good attack for its various utility aspects, but it won't proc Enrage here and is very costly. Honestly, the attacks here look to be a bit too randomly matched and don't all work well w/ the build's framework, and the rotation doesn't really make much sense to me- beyond I guess toying w/ trash mobs (and maybe annoying teammates)? I could try to make the build more efficient, but I'm afraid I'd have to change some of the powers you wanted (esp if keeping Enrage and its proc conditions in mind).
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • Options
    grimvanegrimvane Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    flowcyto said:

Honestly, the attacks here look to be a bit too randomly matched and don't all work well w/ the build's framework, and the rotation doesn't really make much sense to me- beyond I guess toying w/ trash mobs (and maybe annoying teammates)?

LOL. Dont worry, he won't be showing up to any cosmic fights or anything like that. I can't promise no one in alerts will get annoyed but it's just 3 a day, maybe I'll have to find a group of like-minded people to queue with for those.
    flowcyto said:

Unfortunately, Defense Combo innately adds threat, and that's not a great thing to have if ur not a proper tank.

I really wish I could swap the animations for Defensive Combo and Beatdown, Beatdown is just too "flaily".
    flowcyto said:

Force Eruption is also kinda counterproductive if also using melee attacks. Imo, you don't really need both Vicious Decent and Seismic Smash...

It really is all about violence. The way he gathers himself before exploding into Energy Wave, drawing them in, and then blowing them out like ragdolls with the Force Eruption, followed up with Vicious Descent/Seismic Smash on whatever is left standing or the next group.
    flowcyto said:

TK Maelstrom is a good attack for its various utility aspects, but it won't proc Enrage here and is very costly.

The effects have changed a little since I last played, but it still has the look and feel I like, that utility you mentioned (the stun), and it let's me do some AOE damage without adding toward knock resistance (1.Vicious Descent w/Relentless, 2. Energy Wave w/Reverse Polarity) before I get to Force Eruption.

I haven't left the powerhouse yet, but I'm actually getting to 8 stacks of Enrage pretty quickly (along w/ up to five of Ego Leech and a few other things like Reckless and the occasional Defiance stack.)
    flowcyto said:

I could try to make the build more efficient, but I'm afraid I'd have to change some of the powers you wanted (esp if keeping Enrage and its proc conditions in mind).

It's ok. I know I'm not giving you much to work with. It's a bad build. But... it's just so much fun. I might try Hardened Particle Matrix on Energy Wave instead of Rank 2. I do really like Tremor, which is more "team friendly", but this one is more about vulgar displays of power than being on someone's TA shortlist.

EDIT: I have been collecting devices for awhile now, Draysha Gas Pistol, something that might be like Shockwave, something that might be like Sparkstorm, Revenancy, Humidity Dome, etc. I forgot about those. I haven't bound anything yet but maybe I have some stuff that could add survivability/DPS/group friendliness/energy gain*.

*Energy isn't actually a problem yet.
  • Options
    flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,776 Arc User
    Yea, Tremor is a decent alternative to Force Eruption if teammates are hating your scatter KBs.

Well, even builds that are made for trash should still prob have a decent single-target dps option, and the build still kinda lacks one. Dragon Uppercut can throw around trash w/ its KU, but also be decent dps for single targets that are (or become) knock immune, and still works for Enrage. Maybe get that instead of the Might combo (since neither works w/ Enrage atm anyways) after restructuring the build's power order a bit.

If you want to free up more adv points, you could consider trading Unbreakable for MD, as the latter doesn't take ranking up, and/or maybe use R1 Imbue as the AO. I'd also max Ruthless in Warden (can axe Slaughter if dropping the combo), and maybe get Focused Strikes if you pick up something like DU. Otherwise, since its for more casual content its not like you necc need to refine the build that much, as the bar is kinda low there.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!