test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tips to get better gear?

I'm a old player (started 2012), stopped playing when Gravitar/Justice Gear released, and now I'm trying to get back.

I just finished a Mercenary set (pretty low, I know), what should I buy next? Heroic? Legion? Justice?

I see there's some new contents now that gives Gold Champion Recognition. Is my current gear enough to start doing those contents? There's any chat channel that organizes private queues for those?

I know it's a lot of questions, but I'm feeling pretty lost at the moment lol

Any piece of advice is welcome :)

Comments

• shadowolf505shadowolf505 Posts: 697 Arc User
    Justice if you want. Merc is good to start. I go from Merc to Justice or the other endgame ones.
    || Main Tank || DPSer || Healer || CCer || Altoholic || @shadowolf505 in game ||
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,424 Arc User
    Merc with lvl 5 mods is fine for cosmics if you are dps or healer. You can tank (mostly as a soak tank), but you need good timing on your blocks. You can also get Onslaught secondaries that can be helpful. They use a different currency, so you can work toward primaries and secondaries at the same time.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    Do you have Vigilance secondaries yet?

They boost your PSS quite nicely, and in the Q-Store. For my alts that I only use for farming at level 40, I go with Merc primaries, Vigilance secondaries.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • qawsadaqawsada Posts: 736 Arc User
    Merc is a standard for end game stuff, so you got that part done. If you're going for Justice gear, do not bother wasting your SCR on Heroics or Money on Legion. You would need around 1200 SCR to get all three Justice gear pieces, so start doing content that give you SCR, like the dailies and Rampage. For secondary piece, you could get those for 15 SCR a piece from the SCR merchant and this is probably the only other time I would spend SCR when you're going for the Justice set..
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User

I just finished a Mercenary set (pretty low, I know), what should I buy next? Heroic? Legion? Justice?

Mercenary is sufficient for any content, though better is nice to have. Heroic normally costs SCR that you will probably want to use for other purposes, though if you used to PvP you can also buy it with Acclaim. Legion gear is not in the current lockbox set so it's somewhat hard to get, though you can check the AH for good deals. Justice gear requires SCR, GCR, and tokens, so if you want to go for it you should start doing Rampages; every rampage but Fire and Ice is normally done public queued, though they may take a while to pop.

I see there's some new contents now that gives Gold Champion Recognition. Is my current gear enough to start doing those contents? There's any chat channel that organizes private queues for those?

I would join 'Cosmic HQ' and/or 'TheEndGame'. Note that cosmics are not private queues, they're open-world encounters .
  • brfabeirasbrfabeiras Posts: 182 Arc User
    Thanks everybody for the feedback. I'll start getting Vigilance secondaries, while I farm SCR and GSR :)
    I'd use the SCR secondaries, which are great. Also, are you Gold? Because you can get OV secondaries (1 piece per 2 weeks of grinding) and save up the SCR/GCR for the primaries. :)
    || Main Tank || DPSer || Healer || CCer || Altoholic || @shadowolf505 in game ||
    Sadly, I'm not Gold :/
    But I can try to get those secondaries once I finish the primary set. :)
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    It is technically possible to grind out OV stuff even if you aren't Gold. It's just stupidly hard. Basically you have to collect the hero tokens to unlock the ability to buy transforms. Loads of grinding, not sure how long it'd take.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    Oh, the secondaries I mentioned are actually called Vigilante, not "vigilance". Sorry about that.

Does one of the Vigilante utility pieces still give +health in addition to normal stuff?

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User
    You don't need to be gold to get a free villain daily for Onslaught. You just need a Freeform character.​​
    YouTube - Steam - Twitter
    [at]riviania Member since Aug 2009
    sterga said:

You don't need to be gold to get a free villain daily for Onslaught. You just need a Freeform character.​​

I just asked a question. :( I wanted to know because Gold players have a better chance of holding G, which could be used to get all of the OV character unlocks and then you can just use the Guardian Tokens for getting the Play Tokens to use the characters, as well as using the free OV.

And not everyone is Freeform.

It is technically possible to grind out OV stuff even if you aren't Gold. It's just stupidly hard. Basically you have to collect the hero tokens to unlock the ability to buy transforms. Loads of grinding, not sure how long it'd take.

I took about 1 month, tops. That was when I was Silver last year to get one piece of gear. Needed the tokens, the grind was not fun.
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User

I just asked a question. :( I wanted to know because Gold players have a better chance of holding G, which could be used to get all of the OV character unlocks and then you can just use the Guardian Tokens for getting the Play Tokens to use the characters, as well as using the free OV.

OV unlocks are available in the collector's store (I forget which voucher type), and in addition to guardian tokens you can get OV tokens for 10,000Q or as random drops in TA, but still, all options for OV gear if you're neither gold nor freeform somewhat suck.
    Well, I'm not in a rush, so I guess it will be fine lol

Thanks everybody for the detailed feedbacks :)

OV unlocks are available in the collector's store (I forget which voucher type), and in addition to guardian tokens you can get OV tokens for 10,000Q or as random drops in TA, but still, all options for OV gear if you're neither gold nor freeform somewhat suck.
    Purple Special Item. But that doesn't mean that you get the OV you want, you get a random one, and sometimes repeat ones.