test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

FC.31.20180108.3 - Lots of Odds and Ends

2»

Comments

• shadowolf505shadowolf505 Posts: 697 Arc User
    Slot for your main attack/power that you will use. Simple solution. I use both HW and Might powers on my Tank and he uses a Might damage mod because of Haymaker. It's not hard to figure out solutions to what you call a "problem"
    || Main Tank || DPSer || Healer || CCer || Altoholic || @shadowolf505 in game ||
  • roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    Don't a few MA powers already show up in multiple sets? I wonder how those will be tagged after a revamp?

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • warcanchwarcanch Posts: 1,076 Arc User
    Don't a few MA powers already show up in multiple sets? I wonder how those will be tagged after a revamp?

These are: Rising Knee, Inexorable Tides, Shuriken Storm, Shuriken Throw, and Chained Kunai that show up in all 4 MA trees. Still, how will these 5 powers be tagged?​​

-=-=-=-=-=-(CO in-game handle: @WarCan )-=-=-=-=-=-
    "Okay, you're DEAD, what do you do NEXT?"
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,430 Arc User
    I guess if one's energy and CD management is otherwise OK one could slot 2 MA mods, 1 for each of the most used frameworks. E.g. one for Unarmed and another for Single Blade.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • revanantmoriturirevanantmorituri Posts: 391 Arc User
    Frankly, I am going to have to place myself in the "would prefer the damage mods encouraged customization" camp. Yes, these mods offer negligible boosts to damage, but that is largely because the Cryptic Damage math is completely disassociated from the in-game information on damage boosting.

What I would prefer to see is that the mods get reset to work with the already existent special effects groupings:

Elemental: Fire, Ice, Toxic
    Storm: Electrical, Ice, Crushing
    Energy: Electrical, Particle, Sonic
    Technology: Piercing, Sonic, Particle, Crushing
    Martial Arts: Crushing, Slashing, Dimensional
    Paranormal: Dimensional, Ego, Magic
    Supernatural: Dimensional, Magic, Toxic

This would help encourage more customization in power selection, and still keep flavored mods from being too generic. (Still wouldn't completely help my pseudo-pet sniper, who uses fire, ice, crushing, magic, and electrical, but I knew the risks when I built him. His passive is Aura of Arcane Clarity to bring down the recharge on Sigils of Radiant Sanctuary.)
    -
    Formerly @Seschat pre PWEmerger. @Seschat on the Titan boards.

Supporter of the Titan Project.
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    that list is all wrong...first of all, there is no 'Storm' damage group; second of all, crushing, slashing and piercing fall under Physical, not Technology and Martial Arts - those are powerset frameworks, and Supernatural is split across two powersets

the correct list would be:
    Elemental: Fire, Cold, Toxic
    Physical: Crushing, Slashing, Piercing
    Paranormal: Dimensional, Ego, Mystical​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
  • blazer2001blazer2001 Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    I agree that the MODs have to be for each damage type,,I think it might make things more customizable and easier to understand for players.

Or maybe think about a MOD that could add elemental damage to powers that don't have it, so we can have elemental MA powers, without doing that much work on them.
    I'm the ruler of the fire power.
  • chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    A Mod that boosts Physical/Non-Physical damage? Could work, but will it be on Offensive slot or Utility slot? That's the question.
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • kamokamikamokami Posts: 1,633 Arc User
    I could see damage type def pen mods show up that have similar functionality to a DUC but for specific damage types and provide slightly higher def pen.

Similar ratios to Confronts relative to the new threat mods. It'd be cool if such rewards were added to endgame or event type content. And not alerts.
  • jonesing4jonesing4 Posts: 800 Arc User

that list is all wrong...first of all, there is no 'Storm' damage group; second of all, crushing, slashing and piercing fall under Physical, not Technology and Martial Arts - those are powerset frameworks, and Supernatural is split across two powersets

the correct list would be:

Elemental: Fire, Cold, Toxic

Physical: Crushing, Slashing, Piercing

Paranormal: Dimensional, Ego, Mystical​​

Don't think they were talking about 'damage types', which is what you've listed. Their list was following the pattern of which passives/powersets use the same damage. (i.e., Stormbringer, which boosts Cold/Crushing/Lightning)
  • sekhmet46sekhmet46 Posts: 175 Arc User
    What rank of dual blade mods will drop from Red Banner? Hell if I'm gonna spend hours farming them for a handful of rank 1s or 2s.
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    sekhmet46 said:

What rank of dual blade mods will drop from Red Banner? Hell if I'm gonna spend hours farming them for a handful of rank 1s or 2s.

Probably r3 like every other special mod?
  • theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    kamokami said:

I could see damage type def pen mods show up that have similar functionality to a DUC but for specific damage types and provide slightly higher def pen.

Similar ratios to Confronts relative to the new threat mods. It'd be cool if such rewards were added to endgame or event type content. And not alerts.

If we could trade in DUC for these, this would be really really cool.
  • sekhmet46sekhmet46 Posts: 175 Arc User
    > @pantagruel01 said:
    > What rank of dual blade mods will drop from Red Banner? Hell if I'm gonna spend hours farming them for a handful of rank 1s or 2s.
    >
    > Probably r3 like every other special mod?

Seemed a little high for such low level enemies but I guess that'll probably be it.
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    warcanch said:

These are: Rising Knee, Inexorable Tides, Shuriken Storm, Shuriken Throw, and Chained Kunai that show up in all 4 MA trees. Still, how will these 5 powers be tagged?​​

Either that's going to change and they'll be placed into one set each, or they'll be tagged for all four mods and only get the highest bonus.
  • aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    You should give it to me ;)
    As tempting as that is, no I'll probably hang onto it and use it. Eventually. Even though I'm disappointed in what it will become. At least I won't have to set up a red-banner-mob-farming sweatshop to get a decent dual blades mod.
    warcanch wrote: »
    These are: Rising Knee, Inexorable Tides, Shuriken Storm, Shuriken Throw, and Chained Kunai that show up in all 4 MA trees. Still, how will these 5 powers be tagged?
    Also among damage powers are 2 lunges: Smoke Bomb Lunge and Thunderbolt Lunge. There's a large number of non-damaging powers that are shared across all 4 frameworks as well. To pick on Fighting Claws, only 6 out of its 26 total powers are unique.

Ideally, they'll be tagged to work with the highest bonus so that they work properly in every framework they're available for. Ideally.​​
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
  • organicmuhyorganicmuhy Posts: 18 Arc User
    Possible bug: TK's Rupture seems to do about 1k less damage on the PTS than it does on Live. I did these with the same gear+specs+etc.
    Live:
    Your Id Blade Annihilation deals 12836 (10011) Ego Damage to Regenerating Test Dummy C.
    Your Id Blade Annihilation deals 11227 (8756) Ego Damage to Regenerating Test Dummy C. (Rupture)

Your Id Blade Annihilation deals 13965 (10892) Ego Damage to Regenerating Test Dummy C.
    Your Id Blade Annihilation deals 11227 (8756) Ego Damage to Regenerating Test Dummy C.(Rupture)

PTS:
    Your Id Blade Annihilation deals 12668 (10868) Ego Damage to Regenerating Test Dummy B.
    Your Ego Annihilation deals 10158 (8715) Ego Damage to Regenerating Test Dummy B.

Your Id Blade Annihilation deals 13817 (10777) Ego Damage to Regenerating Test Dummy B.
    Your Ego Annihilation deals 10158 (8715) Ego Damage to Regenerating Test Dummy B.

It also seems like on Live, the Rupture's name was broken?
    I mean this could be a stealth nerf, in which case, you should just say you're nerfing it and NOT have it be stealth. But until it's a confirmed nerf, I'm saying it's a bug since you did touch the power.
    (@irandellx also had similar results to me)

• blockwaveblockwave Posts: 329 Arc User
    Did you do a 5 min parse ? Crit and dmg are often not the same, about 1k less or more

Since the rupture comes up as the same name as the main attack on Live, I can't parse to see the rupture damage :/ (Just tried)
  • aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    You can just add up the numbers from the main attack and rupture on PTS. That should be similar to the combined live numbers.

But looking at those numbers I think the change stopped the DUC from working for the rupture. You should be able to see that when looking at the individual attacks, that shows you target's resistance.

That also makes sense for the fix to stop block canceling preventing leech stacks from being consumed. The fix to that was probably to move the rupture to its own power (like all other ruptures), but that breaks the DUC from being applied to the rupture (like all other ruptures).
    Post edited by aiqa on
    The only issue there is that I didn't have a DUC, though I do have pen through specs and NW.
    Yes I should have said "resistance penetration" in stead of "DUC". The idea still applies though.
  • roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    Bug:
    Regen mods seem to have lost some potency
    Do they still benefit from role/healing bonus?

Or was this the intent?

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,089 Cryptic Developer
    The regen mods were never set to scale off of anything (if something was scaling them that would be a bug), however nothing about them was changed this patch that would affect that.​​
  • well, seeing as how a few people have noticed a reduction in effectiveness, clearly something about them WAS changed​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User

well, seeing as how a few people have noticed a reduction in effectiveness, clearly something about them WAS changed​​

Possible Compassion got changed instead?
  • kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,089 Cryptic Developer
    I'll look into it, but the regen mods will be bumped up about 15% from thir current values to compensate for the loss.​​
  • it isn't just the values that changed, the trigger time did too...before, it triggered as soon as you took damage - now it seems to only trigger 4 seconds after having taken the damage​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
    edited January 2018
    kaizerin said:

The regen mods were never set to scale off of anything (if something was scaling them that would be a bug), however nothing about them was changed this patch that would affect that.​​

I hope that is not going to be the final "awnser" for people who spend money upgrading a previously viable mod. Even with the "compensation" it's now 100% useless, since compared to 60 something HPS (at best) there are many superior options for defense mods.
    Post edited by aiqa on
    edited January 2018
    And there are a few bugs with the regen mod now (this is a r9 mod):

It heals once per 4 seconds, and heals for about half of what the tooltip says per tick.
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    Can i get a BattleCat mount instead of them new Mods i don't really care/need/want/use?
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    Auras

1) Powerful Energy Aura - I really like this aura, however I feel as if it needs to be more 3D as mentioned earlier in this thread. A good example of what I'm referring to is the Sacred Aura. It looks 2D but works well in all ways you look at it. I've also noticed that it seems a little static when running with a travel power...but honestly it looks more like it's for standing there and impressing everyone than for movement use.

2) Electrical Energy Aura - Again, I'm really liking this aura. I like the speed at which its ticking along and it's not overpowering in the VFX department either. Pretty solid IMO!
  • lezard21lezard21 Posts: 1,510 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    Once this changes hit live Jack Fool's alerts will be a lot more rewarding than any of the other alerts.

Suggestion: Add Ripper's Rage Mods (the might offense one) to Ripper alert drops.

Add Venomous mods to whatever Infernal powerset villain we have in alerts ( cant remember which)

Add Mindslayer's (or was it Medusa?)TK mod to Mindslayer/Medusa as a regular drop from her on alerts
    I would really lile these mods to be added to open missions instead pf alerts, take Ascii for example.

blockwave said:

I would really lile these mods to be added to open missions instead pf alerts, take Ascii for example.

We don't have enough Open Missions to make "sense" for some of the mods we have to drop.

Example: There is nothing outside of that one mission where you fight Medusa...for her mods to drop. Alerts and Custom Alerts cover these bases well so far.

If there was a Force Mod for example: [Gravitar's Disdain], I'd expect that to drop from her Rampage but also be part of a Key Pack. etc
    Solution : Revamp them

blockwave said:

Open Missions?

You would request a revamp of every single one, so that mods can be added to them? Lol. Okay.

I mean, Destroids Rise Again was revamped...I honestly can't remember the last time there was a call out for someone running that Open Mission.

Anyway, that's a whole different conversation which needs to be started elsewhere, not on this thread.
    Destroid Rise Again is ran alot, Ascii open mission too, both are a good source of scr and mods, but yes, not the topic of this thread.

• shadowolf505shadowolf505 Posts: 697 Arc User
    blockwave said:

Destroid Rise Again is ran alot, Ascii open mission too, both are a good source of scr and mods, but yes, not the topic of this thread.

You need more than one for DRA as opposed to Ascii, where you can solo it. Revamping the OMs/adding mods to alerts would be good but it's kinda tedious for our small Dev staff. If they do it, they'll do it but until then we can wait and see. :)
    || Main Tank || DPSer || Healer || CCer || Altoholic || @shadowolf505 in game ||
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,430 Arc User
    I'd like to be able to buy the ascii mods in the gcr/scr store.
    blockwave said:

JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • blockwave said:

Open Missions?

You would request a revamp of every single one, so that mods can be added to them? Lol. Okay.

I mean, Destroids Rise Again was revamped...I honestly can't remember the last time there was a call out for someone running that Open Mission.

Anyway, that's a whole different conversation which needs to be started elsewhere, not on this thread.
    Vibora Bay rewards revamp, mobs mostly being scaled to your level or 40s and all the OM as part of it. Wishes and all that lol
    ADD Altaholic known as @Rejolt in game. I'm a dork, but hopefully a harmless one.
This discussion has been closed.